Sign in to follow this  
Wasserman

Playing with friends?

I have a beginner question, sorry.  I used to play Day Z mod and while I liked it a lot it was a real pain to organize playing with a friend.  I was wondering if this is any different in Day Z SA....if there is an easy way to meetup/spawn on a friend.  Thanks in advance!

There has been mentions in the recent livestreams about considerations for a system where you can spawn in together as long as both characters are dead. Nothing really set in stone thoug hand probably some time off.

• Like 1

More or less the same. You still have to meet up. Hope it stays that way.

But it is easier to join the same server as your friend.

I was wondering this also, me and my friend haven't played dayz and don't know the map, how would we find eachother?

I was wondering this also, me and my friend haven't played dayz and don't know the map, how would we find eachother?

That's the beauty of it: you actually have to find eachother. :) Enjoy this time while it lasts, soon you will now every part of the map by heart.

• Like 1

Exact same as the mod. It chooses your spawn randomly and you need to run and look for your friends. I think that would be a pretty good idea allowing friends to spawn with each other, but at the same time too easy. Half the fun when I first started playing with friends was trying to find them. If you need help finding your friends, I'd recommend the DayZDB map at least to help you get your bearings and know which town you're in and where you have to go.

Edited by Verex11

Yes, look for those signs and check the link Verex11 posted, it has the name of all the cities.
Seriously, one of the best moments of Dayz were in Day-1, when all my friends were in a roof top of a building inside Eletro and it was dark as fuck and i couldn't see anything, and didnt know the map so i kept running with a flare on my hands untill they saw a red light like 1km away ( it was me :D ) It took 2-3hours plus.

Edited by m4ndark

Oh and have fun learning kyrillic. The inGame-Townsigns are writtin in kyrillic.

But to make it a bit easier: 4 = tsh; H = n, N = i, C or 3 = s or z.

Of course that doesnt cover it all, but it could help. I learned it a bit, since I want(ed) to learn russian. I needed around half a day to memorize the letters a bit, so its not that hard. But its nice to be able to read inGame-Signs (And I do that on purpose, because I am kinda proud to be able to. :D - This helps me learning it.)

And elsewhile: Yeah, after 6 month playing (if not less) you should know where you are just by looking at your surroundings. :D