EndEffeKt

Items you want to see in the SA

Colloidal silver - Homemade antibiotics. In a jar, with colloidaling silver microscopic fragments in the water. Need electricity & silver rod to make. Yes, you heard me, homemade. Look it up. If you know how powerful antibiotics are, you'd want to learn how to replicate this compound.

Pepperspray

Tampon - Not a joke. Look into any serious survivalist forums, it's gold in the medical department, it's powerful for treating wounds and it's packed with cottons, cottons itself has variety of uses. Gun barrel swabs, blackpowder patch, delay fuse, particle filter

Pemmican & Jerky - Pemmican > jerky: Pemmican is a Native American survivalist recipe. High fat value.

Cottonball + vaseline+ziplock bag - Read this combination over and over, it's the combination you'd hear over & over on a survivalist forums. It's a go-to, easy to prep firestarter. It's popular because it's cheap. 

Eyedrop container - easy access to liquid that need to stay air tight. Like colloidal silver or alcohol.

Safety pin, the survival tool with 101 uses - Surgical staples, fishhook, pin a backpack, resizing pants, opening locks http://www.angelfire.com/az/canuskank/101.html  

Firesteel - Best firestarter

Collapsible water container - Pack a water barrel with you that can serve the community without taking up much space.

Foldable shovel

MSR Sweet Water filter

Coconut oil or olive oil & tea tree oil- a variety of medical uses.

Mark II - handgun

Fisherman's vest & boonie

Edited by Day Unit

Some lawnchairs so i can sit on top of a hill with my ghillie suit as i watch innocent fresh spawns get sniped 

Bow

Crossbow

Spear

Saber

Katana

Fire poker

Tomahawk

Bowie knife

Animal pelt hats with bone trinkets

Leather moccasins

Kilt (sporran with 2 slots)

Bomber jackets (also known as M1A, flight jacket)

Letterman jacket (Wolverines)

Cowboy hats

Forrage cap (Confederate gray and Yankee blue)

Riot shield

• A toolbox for screwdriver, hammer, duct tape etc.
  • A hunting trap like in the Dayz Mod.
  • Binocular / Range Finder
  • GPS
  • Navigation device for your Car
  • Tent

and I really like the idea of the gramophone to distract other players or zeds and water pistols.

Bow

Crossbow

Spear

Saber

Katana

Fire poker

Tomahawk

Bowie knife

Animal pelt hats with bone trinkets

Leather moccasins

Kilt (sporran with 2 slots)

Bomber jackets (also known as M1A, flight jacket)

Letterman jacket (Wolverines)

Cowboy hats

Forrage cap (Confederate gray and Yankee blue)

Riot shield

watDuck.jpg

Colloidal silver - Homemade antibiotics. In a jar, with colloidaling silver microscopic fragments in the water. Need electricity & silver rod to make. Yes, you heard me, homemade. Look it up. If you know how powerful antibiotics are, you'd want to learn how to replicate this compound.

Pepperspray

Tampon - Not a joke. Look into any serious survivalist forums, it's gold in the medical department, it's powerful for treating wounds and it's packed with cottons, cottons itself has variety of uses. Gun barrel swabs, blackpowder patch, delay fuse, particle filter

Pemmican & Jerky - Pemmican > jerky: Pemmican is a Native American survivalist recipe. High fat value.

Cottonball + vaseline+ziplock bag - Read this combination over and over, it's the combination you'd hear over & over on a survivalist forums. It's a go-to, easy to prep firestarter. It's popular because it's cheap. 

Eyedrop container - easy access to liquid that need to stay air tight. Like colloidal silver or alcohol.

Safety pin, the survival tool with 101 uses - Surgical staples, fishhook, pin a backpack, resizing pants, opening locks http://www.angelfire.com/az/canuskank/101.html  

Firesteel - Best firestarter

Collapsible water container - Pack a water barrel with you that can serve the community without taking up much space.

Foldable shovel

MSR Sweet Water filter

Coconut oil or olive oil & tea tree oil- a variety of medical uses.

Mark II - handgun

Fisherman's vest & boonie

Odysseys and Day Unit, Guys, you have to realise that some people are NOT living in america.

P.s. sorry for multiposting

A few that I would like to see;

Wool Blanket:  Say you get all wet/cold after a swim, rain storm, or just because it's a bit nippy.  Find a spot to hunker down (a house, under a tree, etc.) and use the blanket.  Your character would wrap themselves up and sit for a bit, to get warm again.  Removing wet clothes first would enchance the effect.

Sewing kit:  A small container to hold needles, thread, scissors, and the like.  Used to repair clothing a bit (not fully, maybe up to damaged at best.), make new clothing (Rag coats, a Capote jacket sewn from the above mentioned blanket, fur clothes from animal hides, etc.)

Animal hides: For the reason mentioned above.  Would require some crafting to make a pelt into furs, buckskins, leather, etc.

Trash bags/zip locks:  A container in which to store items that need to be kept dry.  Haven't tested it yet but I would assume/hope that in the rain or while swimming things in your pack could get wet.  I would also assume that this would ruin or cause damage to certain items (matches, knives, axes, and electronics to name a few)  Placing them in the bag would keep them dry.  This mechanic could (and presumably does) apply to the pelican cases already in the game.  Bags could be a more common and less durable alternative.

Umbrellas:  Not necessary, but delightfully odd in the Zombie appocalypse, could also double as a weak melee weapon.

Booze:  Vodka in particular.  Drink it till you puke, use it to sterilize, make tinctures with assorted plants, etc.  maybe even a poor mans stove/lamp fuel but would cause damage to the stove or lantern.

When they add in a use for tools, have ultra rare leathermans, the holy grail of urban survival.

Just a few thoughts.

Good evening people,

I would like to make a litte list of items you spontaneusly want to see in the SA. I know such topics already exist, but I personally got some ideas in my head after playing my first hours of DayZ.

Rope and grappling hook:

I would like to have the ability to lower myself down from a roof instead of using a ladder. First because it is cool and second because some buildings have no ladder to climb down. An additional possibility could be to climb up walls of buildings or destroyed stairways with the thrown grappling hook.

All of that would be nice and all. But it doesn't help to the whole survival feeling to DayZ. You might as well just play ArmA III,

I want a pair of shorts haha.

Cargo or Jeans, or whatever works. We need 'dem shorts!

Advantage could be similar storage space, and don't get wet in shallow water.

Less protection though.

Mine fields. Not an item as such, but no military survival game is complete with the completely unreasonable and unforeseen risk of gruesome death in random locations around the map. Maybe have item spawns in a ruined building in the middle, or some such. Mines are buried and spawn locations and numbers within the field are random.