Sign in to follow this  
RyanW1019

All servers showing as either full or empty, can't join either.

Is this a bug or is every server full? Every server I try to join, whether full or empty, just gives me a "wait for host" screen indefinitely or says "maximum number of players reached." Is anyone else experiencing this inability to play?

EDIT: Apparently it's a problem with Steam's authentication process. At the moment no players signing in through Steam can play. Credit to BAHADIR for linking me to the announcement thread. You can find it here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum-76/announcement-8-important-announcement-servers-not-showing-and-waiting-for-host/

Additionally, it should be visible at the top of the page on General Discussion.

Edited by RyanW1019
  • Like 1

There was another update this morning? I knew one went out yesterday which added hunger/thirst indicators and allowed you to drink from wells, but I haven't heard anything about a more recent update.

Same problem here. Really struggling to join any server. Either "Max players reached", "connecting failed", or stuck on "Wait for host". Have waited for 10 minutes on the "wait for host" screen but nothing happens. The server list isn't refreshing properly and servers with free slots are giving the "Max players reached" error. Anyone aware if this is a known issue or if there are any workarounds?

Thats from rocket2guns twitter:

"Apparently we're smashing Steam's auth servers :( working with them to find out why"

Rofl, now not only a lot of alpha buyers will be kind of angry. Rocket and his crew now managed to aggravated a whole bunch of players using steam auth for other games.

Day 2 - Steam destroyed...well that is a real digital apocalypse. With actual zombies as an outcome - all those confused gamers who don't know what to do now and are headless wondering around. Beautiful.^^

Edited by *=LP=*Cpt.Kawa
  • Like 1

With actual zombies - all those confused gamers who don't know what to do now.

Braaaaaaai... I mean... AaaaaaaSSSS50ssss.... NVGeeeeeeeeeees.... Self-blooooooodbaaaaag... 

Braaaaaaai... I mean... AaaaaaaSSSS50ssss.... NVGeeeeeeeeeees.... Self-blooooooodbaaaaag... 

I do hope you are alone at home, because seeing you walking around your room like that would be really disturbing to watch for anyone.^^

Seeing all servers like i used to since yesterday, but now I can't connect to any of them.

Either getting a DayZ screen with "Joining Server" resulting in me getting thrown back to the server list with a "Confirmation of Changes: Failed to connect" pop-up or

staying forever in the "Wait for host" blackscreen even while the Server's own gretting message was already shown...

STILL a problem with the steam authentification or should that be fixed already?