Sign in to follow this  
Pvt. Hudson

Gettin' Yo Blood Back Yo!

Assuming I can find a suitable vessel for filling with water and drinking from (canteens only?  An empty plastic water bottle does not work.), once I get the water, am I risking infection if I cannot yet boil or purify it?

(Dunno if boiling water is a "thing" yet - I am going by the mod. boil thing.)

Yes you are. The infection rate seems low right now. There are purification tabs, you can find them lying around or inside medkits. There is no boiling yet.

• Like 1

Many thanks Mercules!

I am glad I don't have to boil yet.  I read the entire manual and missed the part about how on earth to start a fire.

all great discussion, but I tapped out at a fountain, till I was you are full or what ever, and walked 30 feet and got the first thirst message. 

for those who have never been clinically dehydrated,  Not thirsty,  collapsed from dehydration, the amount of water you can driink in that state to recover is truly amazing.  your body can take all that fluid back with amazing rapidity. I think I drank three pitchers of water.

Saline is instant but you need someone to give it to you. 

I was surprised by the antibiotics / wounds thing too. I don't think it matters if you bandaged first / i know it works for anti's afterwards. Not sure how using clean bandages instead of rags affects it, or whether alcohol could be put on after bandaging (I'm not actually sure its in the game, I haven't seen any). 

I was actually surprised by the antibiotics. I took them because I was sick. And it popped up "your wounds feel cleaner". I was all like WTF? But it was nice to have a positive message from DayZ for a change :). It takes quite a long time, maybe 30 mins or so, before you get the green clean wounds message. 

Not 100% sure still, its hard to tell at night, but I definitely wasn't regenning health before I did that, and seem to have afterwards. 

Great! Thank you for the info, now to wait anouther few hours to get home and put it to the test!