Sign in to follow this  
dgeesio

Guns too Over powered at moment !

yep they are ! :lol:

ive been one shotted 4 times on run single bullet and just black screen instantly your dead. thats with pistols and rifles on run :lol:

in the mod (yes i know this isnt the mod :D ) you could atleast take a few pistol shots and rifle shots to the body and one head shot but at moment aslong as you hit someone they dead with gun. this makes melee pointless as you hae no chance as your instadead. previously in mod you have a chance and with how rare guns are they do need to be balanced.

any news on if guns will be balanced soon damage wise? thanks.

It's not so much the gun damage.

It's the gun damage and the fact most people are dying of exhaustion/hunger/thirst that isn't made too clear which reduces health.

There will be updates soon to fix any issues though.

• Like 4

I've always been on the fence with this. I mean, if one gets shot in the torso/face with a .45 ACP/5.56x45/7.62x51, you're probably going to die pretty quick. If you make the system less forgiving, it puts more significance/weight on having body armor.

On the other hand, the "defending" player should be given some measure of flexibility in terms of being able to fight back. I get that. So yeah, they could balance it a bit, but even the mod was a bit ridiculous at times (see unloading Makarov mags into people's chests).

That and as others have said, it's very difficult to manage your "health". I'm not even sure if it's tied to "Blood" anymore either, or how frequently hunger/thirst ticks away at your overall health pool. I'd rather they get away from the "Blood as health" system altogether.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

Yeah put it back to needing 14 makarov shots to kill someone! That was so awesome!

Yeah put it back to needing 14 makarov shots to kill someone! That was so awesome!

You only needed 14? You're a better shot than me.

• Like 3

I like how the m4 kills zombies in two shots... especially if a horde was coming at you... you'd have to make them count.

especially if a horde was coming at you... you'd have to make them count.

I can't wait for zombies to be fixed so that there's more than five per town.

• Like 6

One of the things that made dayz popular was the lack of balance. It should stay that way so we don't have to deal with stupid buffs and nerfs along with whinning. It's realistic so it's perfectly fine, if you do not think so you are in the minority,

One of the things that made dayz popular was the lack of balance. It should stay that way so we don't have to deal with stupid buffs and nerfs along with whinning. It's realistic so it's perfectly fine, if you do not think so you are in the minority,

Balance =/= nerfing. Balance is one of those loaded terms that gets retroactively applied to DayZ with preconceived notions people get from CoD and BF.

The developers are not uninterested in balancing DayZ, in fact "balancing" will be a major field of work in the Alpha/Beta. Rocket has said as much in recent tweets/posts.

Something that's balanced can still be unforgiving. I'd like to decide for myself whether or not I'm in the majority/minority, and I'd like to decide for myself whether or not that's significant.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

I've always been on the fence with this. I mean, if one gets shot in the torso/face with a .45 ACP/5.56x45/7.62x51, you're probably going to die pretty quick. If you make the system less forgiving, it puts more significance/weight on having body armor.

On the other hand, the "defending" player should be given some measure of flexibility in terms of being able to fight back. I get that. So yeah, they could balance it a bit, but even the mod was a bit ridiculous at times (see unloading Makarov mags into people's chests).

That and as others have said, it's very difficult to manage your "health". I'm not even sure if it's tied to "Blood" anymore either, or how frequently hunger/thirst ticks away at your overall health pool. I'd rather they get away from the "Blood as health" system altogether.

The mod was realistic and people liked that. No stupid balance to worry about it was just realistic. We don't need to go down the stupid balance path with endless complaining and making it a slugfest. It should stay realistic as people liked how they could become overpowered in the mod but there is always a chance a lower tier player can kill them and then become overpowered.

We don't need the stupid overpowered and underpowered philosophy in the standalone ever!

The mod was realistic and people liked that. No stupid balance to worry about it was just realistic. We don't need to go down the stupid balance path with endless complaining and making it a slugfest. It should stay realistic as people liked how they could become overpowered in the mod but there is always a chance a lower tier player can kill them and then become overpowered.

We don't need the stupid overpowered and underpowered philosophy in the standalone ever!

See my above post. Balance does not mean something cannot be realistic.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

Bullet damage is much better now tbh. in the mod an m16 had trouble killing a person at 100m already...

Agreed. Keep gun's "authentic"

One or two shot's to the torso and you're history. Just be more aware of your suroundings next time :)

Edit : @ Katana, what do you mean with "Balance does not mean something cannot be realistic"? Take two to four .45's to the chest and you're gone. Realistic. Authentic. But people will go complaing that it takes the same amount of shots with an M4 or a Mosin... Wich it should, because IRL it doesn't matter if you got a .45 in your lungs or a 7.62 piercing though. You gonna die.

Edited by Weparo
  • Like 2

You guys have to remember to the server's are defaulted on veteran atm.... Anyway's I like how the m4 shoots, feel's, sounds, doe's damage... Realistic, rather than the mod were it sometime's took 5-9 shots.

• Like 2

Nerf sniper rifles! Their Time to Kill of 1 bullet is totally not fair compared to an M4A1 needing 2 bullets! WTF is this learn to balance PvP BLARRRGH CoD 360NOSCOPEMLGPRO

Well I can say one shot don't kill you cause I pumped a guy at point blank who was charging me with an axe and hit him and he didnt die and swung his axe and thwack im dead... first gun i find and the first human that attacks me kills me no trouble.

And no he didnt die just slower because I spawned a hundred metres from my body and went back to it to see if we were both there and came under fire. I'd just found some a ammo box when i died too so i cant imagine he was short on ammo....

Now all I find is jeans.

i was just wondering why i died after i got a headshot...
In the mod i could handle at least 3 headshot... that sounds more realistic for me  :thumbsup:

Edited by Gaint
  • Like 1

You guys have to remember to the server's are defaulted on veteran atm.... Anyway's I like how the m4 shoots, feel's, sounds, doe's damage... Realistic, rather than the mod were it sometime's took 5-9 shots.

I think the best way to approach it is to consider the caliber first. I don't want my 7.62x51 weapons having the same efficiency as 5.56x45. Making everything a one-shot doesn't leave room for much variation. I'd be cool with a 1-3 shot (depending on where you hit) kill with 5.56x45.

• Like 1

One or two shot's to the torso and you're history. Just be more aware of your suroundings next time :)

Agreed

Ya because IRL if you get hit in the lung with an 45 you wont die, seems legit

I gave my friend the quick way out yesterday evening. He had fallen unconscious and asked me to end it for him.

So I put one bullet in his head and that was enough, he instantly died.

Seems absolutely reasonable to me.

Ya because IRL if you get hit in the lung with an 45 you wont die, seems legit

It's about balancing. The game wouldn't be fun if everything was a one shot. Imagine the bandits sitting in the trees as soon as they found a handgun...

I gave my friend the quick way out yesterday evening. He had fallen unconscious and asked me to end it for him.

So I put one bullet in his head and that was enough, he instantly died.

Seems absolutely reasonable to me.

Of course it does. Headshots should be one hit kills.

I agree that the weapons should be unforgiving and if you're getting shot at, you're history.

You have to consider that if everything is a OHK, that places weapons with a variety of calibers on a relatively even playing field. Which is bad in my opinion. Certain rounds have different damage profiles, which should be recognized/simulated in-game.

That and if everything is a OHK, how will this accommodate for their medical system?

I'm of course speaking relatively now, as I don't think everything is a OHK in the standalone nor do I think that's what you're suggesting.

But, as others have demonstrated, it's not prudent to just dismiss all notions of "balance" or "tweaking". Realism/authenticity can be accommodated for or even enhanced by "balancing" or tweaking the system.

Edited by Katana67