BRKermit

I'm literally already bored of the ALPHA. I expected more, Even for an ALPHA Release... Words from a 1,500+ ARMA:II Dayz Community Owner.

I'm waiting to buy the game when its full price, when its a little more polished with a lot more of the scope dean has for the game added and the way i see it.. it will save myself from such like mind frames that OP has :)

I can easily watch streams and YT vids to keep updated on the games progress. Maybe people should put aside the hype, and save themselves from potential disappointment by taking a leaf from my book? I can understand buying the game early as they are excited and for a discount, but for that discount your putting yourself in an unfinished bugfest of an Alpha game.

Not for me thanks, I can wait.. plenty more games in the sea :)

• Like 1

I literally cannot wait for the full release of your masterpiece of a game

(If your trolling or whatever you call it*s***ty bro)

Well by the looks of it... they wont be really friendly to people in my nature,

We tend to turn things up a bit, and make games what they should be.

But yah, I'm looking forward to modding aswell... If they let us do it.

Maybe I mis-read the steam thing, but I'm pretty sure I saw the same DayZ Logo for the alpha at the very bottom of the arma3's pre-order and it siad you get dayz when its released.

Edited by BRKermit

Where the hell is the "delete post" feature? That post was for a different thread, obviously.

Actually I lied. Or trolled whatever you kids called it. This is straight from...

BOOM.

Stats Revenue Units Sold Today - 0 Yesterday - 0 This Month $279.50 22 Last month $765.00 31 All $7700.82 425

:rolleyes:

Congrats. That is nothing actually, but you seem to think it's an accomplishment and that is all that really matters. I'm not going to flex my epeen but you are below bottom rung of most intro level Internet marketers (the ones that did their homework) working CPA/CPC so you really have no bragging rights. You CAN ban people from your DayZ server though, so that is cool.

So, your telling me you bought a clearly unfinished game alpha and expecting it to be full of content. * Sigh*

(If your trolling or whatever you call it*s***ty bro)

Well by the looks of it... they wont be really friendly to people in my nature,

We tend to turn things up a bit, and make games what they should be.

But yah, I'm looking forward to modding aswell... If they let us do it.

Maybe I mis-read the steam thing, but I'm pretty sure I saw the same DayZ Logo for the alpha at the very bottom of the arma3's pre-order and it siad you get dayz when its released.

100% sarcasm mate...

sorry dude but your whole argument is based on the lack of 'physical' elements to the game. If you were as good as you make out at 'modding' or 'creating' games or whatever, you'd completely understand the term ''BEHIND THE SCENES''

I cannot believe that the only things you've touched on are the tangible changes to the game without comprehending the amount of work that went into the foundations of the game to make it not only available to people but stable enough to enjoy.

There's currently 185,000+ survivors. if you can make a game that can cope with that amount of people after 2 days of it being released I will eat my fucking fist.

Edited by LiamFX
  • Like 2

HOW CAN IT BE GROUND UP?  THEY HAD A YEAR AND A HALF TO BUILD IT.

(FACEPALM) 

Do you release Arma II: DayZ IS STILL IN ********** * ** * ** king Alpha...?

Let me just point out something to you kid. Triple A games, lets take call of duty for example. Take around a year to make, that however is with a budget of $1 million+ and a team of 200+ developers. Every game they pump out is pretty much identical, with a few new features or slightly improved graphics, yet, people eat it up every time. This is a game that has been developed on a much, much smaller budget and a smaller team and they have put an alpha out after a year and a half. The alpha might not look different to you but to veterens we can see the difference already, keep in mind the game is being updated constantly to fix it. If you look at minecraft classic (DayZ Mod) and Minecraft Alpha (DayZ SA) you might not see much of a difference but now look at Minecraft, shit loads of content and bug fixes and everyone loves it.

• Like 1

<_<  I don't care about the 30$'s, its the fact, they made it seem like they did alot more than they actually have. Open your eye's people...

But your all right, even if steam did or didn't have the pre-order benefit it really isnt there fault.

and also, STOP PUTTING INVERTED COMMAS EVERYWHERE WHERE THEY'RE NOT NEED MAN

No... Basically what I'm saying is the state the alpha was released in should be alot further with the time they had for a year and more. 

@Flowan, I read that. I didn't care its in alpha, or what were the glitch's... I'm saying what they done in general is basic, barely even, ugh. Just nvm.

@Flowan... You think people will listen anyways, this was a stunt by the dev team to get more money. 

Lets say 40,000 people bought the alpha to help "or just get it"

They just made 1,200,000$'s....

Let me just point out something to you kid. Triple A games, lets take call of duty for example. Take around a year to make, that however is with a budget of $1 million+ and a team of 200+ developers. Every game they pump out is pretty much identical, with a few new features or slightly improved graphics, yet, people eat it up every time. This is a game that has been developed on a much, much smaller budget and a smaller team and they have put an alpha out after a year and a half. The alpha might not look different to you but to veterens we can see the difference already, keep in mind the game is being updated constantly to fix it. If you look at minecraft classic (DayZ Mod) and Minecraft Alpha (DayZ SA) you might not see much of a difference but now look at Minecraft, shit loads of content and bug fixes and everyone loves it.

If thats the case, wouldn't you wanna get investors and a big development team? A. No. More money for you... 

If you think about it for sucha successful game for a mod with over 400,000+ players online last summer, you'd think... just ehhh nvm.

Edited by BRKermit

100% sarcasm mate...

sorry dude but your whole argument is based on the lack of 'physical' elements to the game. If you were as good as you make out at 'modding' or 'creating' games or whatever, you'd completely understand the term ''BEHIND THE SCENES''

I cannot believe that the only things you've touched on are the tangible changes to the game without comprehending the amount of work that went into the foundations of the game to make it not only available to people but stable enough to enjoy.

There's currently 185,000+ survivors. if you can make a game that can cope with that amount of people after 2 days of it being released I will eat my fucking fist.

What did they really do behind the scenes rather than weapon attachment's and zombie animation/pathing?

The foundations were already built off ArmA: 3? With alittle adjustment's, addins, and changes here and there...

Actually Arma: 2 for that matter, not even arma 3.

Edited by BRKermit

21st-25th, ranked server and community in the Arma 2: Dayz server listings... LOL.

Kid I made like 6,000$+ off my private hive server. Please act more tough.

Go play your mod and charge people $20 to spawn with a dmr, us upper class standalone folk can respect an alpha for what it is and know that this is just the base of something even better to come.

Not that for a second any of us had a doubt since we kept our expectations realistic.

You know nothing of dayZ leave this place and never return.

If thats the case, wouldn't you wanna get investors and a big development team? A. No. More money for you... 

Investors and big development team leads to a rush to produce a playable game and a breakdown of communication because of the large numbers. Dean's vision for the game would be shat on and tossed aside.

No... Basically what I'm saying is the state the alpha was released in should be alot further with the time they had for a year and more. 

@Flowan, I read that. I didn't care its in alpha, or what were the glitch's... I'm saying what they done in general is basic, barely even, ugh. Just nvm.

@Flowan... You think people will listen anyways, this was a stunt by the dev team to get more money. 

You're the most frustrating little twerp ever man.

You think every penny of that is pure profit? What do you think pays the wages? What pays for the flights back and fourth to various locations during the making of the game? What pays for the equipment used? what pays for the fucking office electricty? 

You are vastly showing yourself to be moronic, please I implore you to stop before you get too deep

• Like 2

Where the hell is the "delete post" feature? That post was for a different thread, obviously.

Congrats. That is nothing actually, but you seem to think it's an accomplishment and that is all that really matters. I'm not going to flex my epeen but you are below bottom rung of most intro level Internet marketers (the ones that did their homework) working CPA/CPC so you really have no bragging rights. You CAN ban people from your DayZ server though, so that is cool.

Considering I played a game, and sat around ate food and had fun, I think thats an achievement, what did you get again playing?

Actually any of you? 20$ spawn with a DMR?

Your kidding right? Thats extremely fucking stupid and ruins the point of the game.

Our server got donations because of all the extra features and custom addon's, triggers, scripts that were in it, that no other server had or has.

[Mind me for spelling errors, comma's etc etc, its 5:28 am] and I've been up since 7 yesterday.

Edited by BRKermit

Don't like the alpha, don't play it :)

You've bought the game now, you can check back when more content is added, there's no need to whine about it.

• Like 2

Holy shit you got told to use edit post yet u managed to make 3 consecutive posts in a row raging and ranting, get lost and go back to your power tripping private hive servers, this is like vanilla dayZ where u start with nothing and work your way up, not spawn with all these guns and crap right away. BORING.......

you are so angry about people expressing their opinions against u mr "i make $6000+ on my private hive"

whoop de doo

you sir are perfect example of power tripping retard who lost his power in alpha ^>^

yes you are mad af

Edited by KillerShrimp
  • Like 1

I won't read a single line of this bull****... Why? Cause haters gonna hate. Go troll yourself and play the mod OP.

• Like 1

They made 1,200,000 for two years of solid work and also another two years of features that they're going to add.

You don't strike me as the deepest pond.

• Like 1

It's fucking day two and you are complaining about lack of content. Honestly dude you are turning this whole thing into a damn flame war. I hope this gets locked

Oh yeah and name those "unique scripts" your server had, I'd dare say they are the same as every other server's.

Edited by Nyz01

Don't like the alpha, don't play it :)

You've bought the game now, you can check back when more content is added, there's no need to whine about it.

This is my point... THERES NO CONTENT TO WHINE ABOUT. 2 Weapons seriously, with melee weapons that half the time don't even function properly?

It would be physically impossible to whine at this point. Literally.

Edited by BRKermit

A. More control over design for the developers. 

Same reason so many devs are on kickstarter.

d

Also "No... Basically what I'm saying is the state the alpha was released in should be alot further with the time they had for a year and more. "

Not really, no. They were working with the Arma II engine. You think that engine looks like Unity? LOL. 

I highly recommend you go play base Arma II right now, then go play DayZ SA. You WILL see where the time went. Assuming you have any real development experience (protip: scripting doesn't count)

I'm pretty sure this dude is scared shitless of seeing his revenue drop, so he is badmouthing the SA. As you can see by other's reaction it's not working, literally everyone has been enjoying the SA.

• Like 2

Considering I played a game, and sat around ate food and had fun, I think thats an achievement, what did you get again playing?

Actually any of you? 20$ spawn with a DMR?

Your kidding right? Thats extremely fucking stupid and ruins the point of the game.

Our server got donations because of all the extra features and custom addon's, triggers, scripts that were in it, that no other server had or has.

[Mind me for spelling errors, comma's etc etc, its 5:28 am] and I've been up since 7 yesterday.

Custom spawn loot and Admin overlooks for those that are servers donators you say?