BRKermit

I'm literally already bored of the ALPHA. I expected more, Even for an ALPHA Release... Words from a 1,500+ ARMA:II Dayz Community Owner.

The first day was amazing, I found loot, It seemed incredibly hard... But now I'm fully geared.. There's nothing to do, Even zombies are rare to see, Like even in major spots like NW, NE, Cherno, Stary, Berezino are all boring too loot...

House's seemed fun going into and checking, looting, discovering... but 80% of the time its just garbage items, or no items at all even on server restarts... Like, I really feel let down.. I know I shouldn't be... But the standalone was completely boosted into something it really is not...

I'm saying this to the whole DayZ community in general. Trust me I love this game, Since the alpha, I have over 24+ hours played. I'm sorry rocket, but this is kinda your fault... You made it seem so superior to what it is, even though its in Alpha, I understand that. Why use Chernaus again? Why didn't you build your own map?

This is Arma: III, more or less an Arma: III Mod slapped with the name DayZ, Not a standalone... I'm sorry guys, I script, I could tell you whats up. I Remember thinking about bike helmets being cool... But there everywhere, its not rare to have one, not even gas mask's... which should be extremely rare... They don't give you any defensive bonus's or stat's... Melee weapons hit/kill better in the mod then the standalone alpha...

(ITS ALPHA BRO GET OVER IT) No dude... I expected alot more bro, then this. ARMA: II DayZ my server has more addons, custom script's and custom features that completely destroy the standalone (Only thing it's lacking is graphics). I've played since late 2011. I run one of the biggest gaming community's on ArmA:II DayZ.. The standalone alpha or not... is literally a really big let down... only three main weapons? A Rifle, and the M4A1? Like seriously? I mean two weapons? Comon even for alpha atleast throw in afew more? There's no tent's or a storage feature's even? I already went through every piece of clothing in the game.

Do you think I wanna spend time in Elektro and Cherno and just rape everyone? Cause I can do that, I did it already and it's not even fun, there's nothing you get out of it, sep's your self consciousness telling you, your just delaying people from being in the state of mind you are about this game at this point. This is sad, its pathetic at the most. (DUDE ITS ALPHA STFU) No bro, I wont,

The Alpha should have a hell ton more features than this (YES even in Alpha stage)... A hell alot more, like I said this is pathetic, Its sad, and its a big let down... and vehicle's aren't even in the game, I'm sick of walking, I played Arma II probably triple times the amount of the average person cause I need to run, and keep a community stabilized. I know every square inch of map, every woods... That's how pathetically good I know this game... The map's just a re-visioned chernaus, with towns that are flipped, gas stations on the other sides and 75% of the house's you can walk into... which doesn't even turn me on anymore.

(You need to stop playing so much dude) Do you realize why I spend so much time playing? So I can see what are all the fully functioning features, what small bugs there are.. (hell I've fixed so many bugs months before they patched them in the regular arma:II mod.. Once again SAD.) So I can see new buildings, model's, props, prop spawns, prop refresh rates, what needs to be balanced... changed... fixed. So I can mod my private hive if I EVEN GET ONE, for a 1,500+ member strong community... (Thats a diss from a community owner (Ranked 21st in the world) to the developers)

((The ALPHAS great!!!)) Whats so great about it? The custom clothe's? (Chuckles) The backpacks! (Chuckles again, you can mod Arma:II DayZ mod and add 50 different variations different sizes into the game... EASILY, with 100+ different vehicle variations, 100+ different weapon modifications...) Everyone looks at these small little things in the Alpha and thinks its GODLY. (Straight LAUGHING) This is a turn off. Sucha turn off, I feel like I've been deceived. I can't wait till  ;) people start realizing what I'm saying its only a matter of time my friends. Oh and thanks Rocket and the Dev team for lying about pre-ordering ARMA: 3 and you get the STANDALONE ALPHA FREE, and THE STANDALONE Free when it comes out... That was a lie.  :rolleyes:  Remember back when ARMA: 3 was first launched for pre-orders? I wish I screen shot it!

#EndRant.

Edited by BRKermit

I hope you guys re-read. Lets be mature about this too, these are my beliefs and you have yours.

Must be the server you are on, I am a vet of dayz and I have died a bunch, half the time frmo zombies. Try some other servers maybe? Better than I expected for an early alpha to be honest. Hope things improve for ya though so you enjoy it more. I respect you're opinion, just disagree is all!

Edited by kozzy
  • Like 1

Rocket fucking discouraged people to buy it! CAN YOU NOT READ?

Do not buy the game yet!

The release of our Alpha is about getting those who want to be involved from the ground up, up and into the process. What we do encourage you to do, is to read reviews, watch livestreams and lets play videos, and talk to your friends. The alpha is going out into large scale testing for the first time, this means many things (mostly bad) will happen such as nasty bugs, connection issues, lost loot, etc... Our aim right now is to present the bare-bone architecture and check that works, getting some feedback on the direction in the process.

In various other interviews and gameplay videos he also said he didn't want people getting hyped up for it, because they would be disapointed! Why didn't they make a new map? It would of probably taken about another year, probably more, plus must of the Day Z community loves Chernarus, hits in with the whole Zombie infestation really well.

Finally if you're so fucking great at scripting and running a community, why don't you fuck off and make your own game.

Now look what you've done, made me roudy right before work.

Edited by Tomdrum
  • Like 1

Rocket fucking discouraged people to buy it! CAN YOU NOT READ?

HOW CAN IT BE GROUND UP?  THEY HAD A YEAR AND A HALF TO BUILD IT.

(FACEPALM) 

Do you release Arma II: DayZ IS STILL IN ********** * ** * ** king Alpha...?

Edited by BRKermit

I re-read after your edit, and to be honest, I feel like you're overreacting hugely. Half of the stuff you're saying makes no sense at all (I think you're the only person that remembers anything about SA being free if you bought ARMA III), you clearly have very little understanding of what an Alpha is, and how much time it takes to rebuild a game engine from the ground up. You seem to think that knowing a little bit about Scripting makes you an authority on game development. By that logic, I quite like watching the UFC and did a bit of Jiu-Jitsu for a while, maybe I should go give Anderson Silva or Jon Jones a lesson or two and tell them what they're doing wrong...

You're entitled to your opinions, you're entitled to voice them is a suitable manner, but that doesn't mean anyone has to agree with you. Ranting senselessly doesn't help anyone. All it does is waste a half-hour of your time typing it and five minute of mine responding to it and reading it.

• Like 3

You make a few good points, but I think you are being too harsh.

The game shows true potential, it has the ability to become something great, and after day 1 their was already a patch.

Yes, the zombies need to be fixed, and I know they are working on it.

Yes, we need vehicles, and there will be vehicles, be patient.

It does not seem like you are mad at the state of the game, but at the slowness of its progress.

I personally think you should apply to help build the stand alone.

• Like 1

Must be the server you are on, I am a vet of dayz and I have died a bunch, half the time frmo zombies. Try some other servers maybe? Better than I expected for an early alpha to be honest. Hope things improve for ya though so you enjoy it more. I respect you're opinion, just disagree is all!

I think you completely mis-understood me. In every way shape or form, I literally, practically played the whole alpha...

This is how long I waited for the standalone, to be basic? So basic its sad...

Very sad... Rocket released this, just get money. Guaranteed. IT SHOULDVE BEEN FREE.

Pay 30$ to test somthing, that supposively has been worked on for so long? Yet I see slight changes and modifications.

I'm pretty sure they never said DayZ is free with an A3 pre-order

Yes they did, On steam, They said pre-order Arma: III and receive DayZ Free.

And with some other company's like steam aswell.

Edited by BRKermit

HOW CAN IT BE GROUND UP?  THEY HAD A YEAR AND A HALF TO BUILD IT.

(FACEPALM) 

Do you release Arma II: DayZ IS STILL IN ********** * ** * ** king Alpha...?

With a small team of developers?

Hey, how long have you been running your community? Why hasn't it got it's own game yet?

I'm sorry but when did anyone say that you got DayZ for free if you pre-ordered ArmA 3? The amount of misinformation in this topic is unreal.

It sounds like the issue is that you overhyped the game and then disappointed yourself when it didn't live up to your standards. e.g. a few devblogs ago Rocket was talking about potentially releasing without zombies due to server performance issues and you're complaining that there are too few zombies. :S

• Like 4

You make a few good points, but I think you are being too harsh.

The game shows true potential, it has the ability to become something great, and after day 1 their was already a patch.

Yes, the zombies need to be fixed, and I know they are working on it.

Yes, we need vehicles, and there will be vehicles, be patient.

It does not seem like you are mad at the state of the game, but at the slowness of its progress.

I personally think you should apply to help build the stand alone.

There zealous about helper's. I think its quiet funny you say I think you should "apply", I've known people who built better mods and fixs off the Arma:  II DayZ mod that half the people could'nt even fathem possible.

With a small team of developers?

Hey, how long have you been running your community? Why hasn't it got it's own game yet?

We have our own private mod.  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ

OP just doesnt get it... makes it even more sad that hes saying he scripts and hosts private hive, still dont understand the meaning of this release.

ps. I heard SA was out, came back to look through forums and its same bs all over again (not surprise tho). I would like to seek for info and problems people are having but my brain hurts reading these QQ rants... and its hard not to reply, for these ignorant people...

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

I'm sorry but when did anyone say that you got DayZ for free if you pre-ordered ArmA 3? The amount of misinformation in this topic is unreal.

It sounds like the issue is that you overhyped the game and then disappointed yourself when it didn't live up to your standards. e.g. a few devblogs ago Rocket was talking about potentially releasing without zombies due to server performance issues and you're complaining that there are too few zombies. :S

That was the pre-order benefit for Arma: III. Was you were going to receive DayZ when it's released free. 

That was the pre-order benefit for Arma: III. Was you were going to receive DayZ when it's released free. 

I can't find that information anywhere via Google...

You guy's do know, Scripting/modding Arma: 3 and on Arma: 2 are basically the same? How about you look into it yourselve's...

I can easily convert Arma:2 models to Arma:3 with no errors, but the lack of detail and graphics would be less...

Look up Armaholics.

Private hives? Private hives are awesome! What your public so you can just server hop and mine gear?

PROVE. THAT.

You are literally the only person that remembers that. Unless you can prove it, no-one is going to believe you. I'm not sure if you're deliberately trolling, sticking with the lie hoping if you say it often enough people will believe you, or if you are actually genuinely delusional.

• Like 1

Mos1ey, I promise you. Thats what the pre-order for Arma: III said or I would'nt of bought it.