Sign in to follow this  
smthistle

sick how to cure besides antibiotics?

how? ive never once seen antibiotics, and fear I never will cause of the rare loot system. im stumped got sick out of nowhere never ate an food or drink that was bad, just ran a lot now it says im sick. have plenty of supplies fod and drink and a mdkit, I can take blood atm but don't have a type test kit that I found before. so whats the deal?

Death

1. Obtain gun with ammo

2. Aim gun at head.

3. Press the trigger (That's left mouse button)

for now is the only way i think ! sorry.

probably will stay that way. This isn't the noob easy mode mod. You are supposed to die ... a lot.

I found an Epi Pen tonight. It cured my illness. Might wanna look for them.

• Like 1

Is there a possibility that diseases go away on their own?  I got sick before the update, so I didn't expect the new UI to show I was sick given it was a previous condition.  The new indicator, however, did say I was sick, but then later the sickness indicator disappeared without to my knowledge my doing anything (except maybe some resting and eating?).  Or am I still sick and it just isn't showing it.

Edited by v1adimirr

Also try fruit, not sure if it is confirmed but I believe that fruit can help with some sicknesses (as long as it isn't rotten :thumbsup: )

Is there a possibility that diseases go away on their own? The new UI said I was sick, but then later the sickness indicator disappeared without to my knowledge my doing anything (except maybe some resting and eating?).

Might be just that if you have good nutrition still

I could be wrong, but I think running too much and exhausting your character can make you sick. It does make you hungrier and thirstier faster and obviously there is the fatigue system.

If that is the case, maybe you can use this as a lesson learned for next time? You can try resting whenever your character seems out of breath with F3 at the very least.

I bet the system is loosely based on the project zomboid system wherein if you get sick you have to stay fully sated of hunger and thirst and not output too much energy and some ailments may pass. For instance drinking bad water would be a bacterial problem that you could probably outlast as long as you have some time and supplies. Vitamins probably make the process easier, and high nutrition fruit probably help too.  

I've also found antibiotics multiple times. They are not that rare. I recently found some charcoal tabs as well that would be good for poisoning. In reality an epi might help you if you were in shock from injuries or knocked out (as it normally is used).

I think the only problems that couldn't be solved in the ways above would be any kind of viral infections. I have no idea if those exist in the game yet. Also, a hardcore infection like cholera might require meds or you would just die.

• Like 1

How do u even kill urself with pistol?

you probaly mouse scroll down when you have one equipped with ammo

I have found disenfectant, it looks like a bottle of fantastik and it only ever prompts to drink it, but irl I wouldint drink kitchen cleaner like wtf? Is that supposed to help me or hurt me? I'm stumped if that's a failbomb planted for newbs or that is the so called "antibiotics" I need to take lool

Disinfectant is what you think it is. It is used to disinfect items in your inventory and reduces your chance of getting sick/infection. Far as being sick I think it is mostly real life. Keep fed and hydrated and take it easy, most things will pass. If you get a major infection is when things can get bad.

Best bet is if you can, clean your wounds with alcohol (just to make sure), take some vitamins, load up with food and water and don't run. I was sick when I got to NWA and did the steps before and it cleared on its own. I just took my time and looted slowly while I did.

The disenfectant kitchen spray cleaner bottle says "drink" not use or anything that seems logical, why would you drink a bottle of 409 or fantastik lmao?

Don't drink it ^^

Sickness just takes time to cure. Stay full and watered and it will pass I think. Note that when you get the green "Your hunger is satisfied" / thirst messages you are not actually full, just no longer starving. Eat / Drink a few times more after you get this message and eat/drink again as soon as hunger/thirst messages start to appear again. 

Antibiotics "clean" wounds over time. I'm not sure how they affect sickness. If you get hit by zombies you have "infected" wounds that need cleaning before you will heal. If you eat antis you get a message "Your wounds are less painful" "your wounds feel cleaner" etc and after about 30 minutes you get a green message saying "your wounds are clean". Then if you are full food and water and not sick you should start regaining health slowly. 

Edited by 5P4RK4

How do u even kill urself with pistol?

I thought this feature was coming in the next update? For now just drink disinfectant :/

• Like 1

does drinking it actually drink it or is it using it properly and its a context bug? cause drink dosent make sense lool

can someone confirm that before I drink the next kitchen spraybottle I will regret cause I have like endgame loot and about over 200 rounds of rifle ammo

I do have vitamins I just found fyi, I hope that will help... I just wonder how much I need to eat of those if it will have a instant effect or if its something that takes time cause I don't wanna just keep hitting eat.

Edited by keyboardcatSS