Sign in to follow this  
lazy2guns

Lost characters, scripters, and ALT-F4 still exist...

So, 18 months later we have the same three problems that the mod had. What was the point of the SA, again? We're back at square one, gentlemen, or behind if you count the missing features.

So you have obviously not been reading around the forum alot.

Im not exactly sure which post it was, but Rocket stated in one of the posts that combat logging and that sort of protection systems have been disabled for a start.

They will be enabled later on, to prevent combat logging, scripting and that.

Edit:

I went into the early access important information and known bugs (http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/153994-early-access-important-information-known-issues/)

If you had read this u would know that the combat logging system doesnt work yet..

So welcome to an alpha.

Edited by Dagomani

So you have obviously not been reading around the forum alot.

Im not exactly sure which post it was, but Rocket stated in one of the posts that combat logging and that sort of protection systems have been disabled for a start.

They will be enabled later on, to prevent combat logging, scripting and that.

Its in one the most uncommonly viewed areas (ANNOUNCEMENTS)

So, 18 months later we have the same three problems that the mod had. What was the point of the SA, again? We're back at square one, gentlemen, or behind if you count the missing features.

Go away Sergey just cause your game is shit

• Like 2

Lost Characters - Alpha

Alt + F4 - Alpha

Scripters - Alpha

Once there is more progression these problems will be fixed. In the mean time I recommend you read the description of games before you buy them, I'll post the one from the DayZ Steam page...

“DayZ Early Access is your chance to experience DayZ as it evolves throughout its development process. Be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.”

You get a warning when you log in, read it.

You willingly purchased an unfinished product that Rocket himself urged users to NOT PURCHASE unless they were willing to help support the project and support that bugs that WILL exist.

What is the point of the SA? It is an independent project that the team can roll out updates to at will, created from the ground up to be more efficient, customizable, and secure. So far it has succeeded on allowing greater customization with barely a fraction of the intended loot added and the game runs FAR better on day 2 of Alpha than the mod EVER has. I don't know what you're complaining about.

It's literally day 2. Day freaking 2. 

The server has the capacity to accept scripts from the client and you think it's reasonable to write that off as a non-issue because it's only an Alpha? Is this real life? These aren't bugs, these are fundamental flaws in the framework. Can these shills fuck off?

Edited by lazy2guns

I think OP is in a coma.

Please make sure his respirator is still functioning, don't want him to die on us. 

I met my bean quota I will return wolf :beans:

• Like 2

Hacking is a problem with every game. Rocket even said that hacking would probably still be possible. It's just a matter of systematically shutting down vulnerabilities. It's not like they let a bunch of hackers into the closed alpha to let them purposefully exploit the engine. Nobody is saying it's a "non-issue." We're simply saying, it will be improved. Quit being so reactionary. You can still play the mod.

Hacking is a problem with every game. Rocket even said that hacking would probably still be possible. It's just a matter of systematically shutting down vulnerabilities. It's not like they let a bunch of hackers into the closed alpha to let them purposefully exploit the engine. Nobody is saying it's a "non-issue." We're simply saying, it will be improved. Quit being so reactionary. You can still play the mod.

Scripts injected into the client transposing onto the server is a problem in every game? That's a new one.

Scripts injected into the client transposing onto the server is a problem in every game? That's a new one.

Yeah, even W.O.W has hacker attacks, with mass die offs and all sorts of crazy shit. It's called Google bra.

• Like 1

Lost characters has been addressed and fixed. Scripters are obviously going to come just like any other game when its first made open to the public (and they'll also be dealt with soon as stated), and the combat logging has been fixed but disabled temporarily. You sound like the shill here, good goy

Edited by Jorgenheim

Yeah, even W.O.W has hacker attacks, with mass die offs and all sorts of crazy shit. It's called Google bra.

I missed the part where you could tell the server that your character is now invincible in World of Warcraft, or where you could tell the server to teleport someone ELSE.

Edited by lazy2guns

I missed the part where you could tell the server that your character is now invincible in World of Warcraft, or where you could tell the server to teleport someone ELSE.

You're probably too young to remember some of the old WoW hacks/scripts that were patched. Try Google sometime. Hell, look up hacks for any game during an open beta or even just at launch (once again reminding you like a lot of other people have that this is an alpha that was just made open to the majority of the public).

Edited by Jorgenheim
  • Like 1

I can appreciate it being an alpha. I'm fine with characters disappearing, loot not working, falling through the floor, combat loggers etc. But when the game was delayed for over 12 months specifically to write the architecture in place that was purposely built to stop hackers from doing things so simple as scripting? C'mon.

The hacks in other games like WoW, CoD, Battlefield, they're intricate bits of kit that don't just write a simple script that the server accepts through a wide open back door. If these hackers were really going out of their way to write the software to do this kind of thing, that's one thing, but something as simple as a script?

I'm not going to rant about how I've wasted my money, because I know it was money well spent and I will continue to support this game. However that doesn't mean that I'm not disappointed. The game was delayed for so long due to measures taken to avoid this kind of thing, yet less than 24 hours later hackers are out in force.

OP my sig says it all

ON a related note since my sig cant fit it all, and people dont read all the admin responses they've already said A LOT (IE ALL OF THE)  anti cheat etc features are simply not activated yet as they are waiting to make sure their servers can handle the extra strain of running such measures they exist and will be activated later on. 

Edited by Sickerthansars

You're probably too young to remember some of the old WoW hacks/scripts that were patched.

I played WoW since launch, but please, do tell me all about WoW's packet structure. I mean, it was public information not too long after release, but hey you're probably too young to remember.

They didn't rework the game engine to stop scripting. They reworked it so it was server based. One of the reasons is security, but there are performance & stability gains as well. With standalone the hackers have to find a way to screw with the server instead of just hacking the client that's running on their own machine. It's a better system, but no system is ever going to be 100% secure. If you expected that, you set yourself up for disappointment.

Edited by bad_mojo

They didn't rework the game engine to stop scripting. They reworked it so it was server based. One of the reasons is security, but there are performance & stability gains as well. With standalone the hackers have to find a way to screw with the server instead of just hacking the client that's running on their own machine. It's a better system, but no system is ever going to be 100% secure. If you expected that, you set yourself up for disappointment.

And when the scripts they used worked on the basis from the old system.....huh.

I played WoW since launch, but please, do tell me all about WoW's packet structure. I mean, it was public information not too long after release, but hey you're probably too young to remember.

If you tell me if you figured out how to use Google yet so you could make all 55 posts (soon to be 56) you've made null.

Also find it funny that you're throwing around the term packet structure like it's a difficult term. Are you a script kiddie yourself?

EDIT: Still waiting for you to give me an actual response, by the way. Unless you wanna keep X Y Z'ing my posts

Edited by Jorgenheim