Mazzar

Game needs to be more fun than fake realism

Hey, im Mod a player, i know its an alpha, quick points.

1. Game needs to be more fun than realistic

2. If youre going to follow a 24/7 day night cycle, then i shouldnt die from thirst and hunger in afew hours.

3. Unconciousness is a cool idea, but i think fatigue could easily replace that concept.

(Concept being, you can chase a player forever, one of you will pass out, i suggest fatigue and in extreme cases, unconciousness)
4. Loot is too scarce. You elitist players can be snobs about it, but its true, the only reason why some people think its okay is because theyre are barely any zombies in yet. I went from elecktro to novy stary and found 2 fruits, 1 can food, 2 drink cans, 1 water bottle (after 4 hours), screw driver, 2 axes, 1000 pants and 10000 moto helmets, 2 compasses, 10 backpacks, 10 pens, 5 papers, 5 beanies, some more pants. pants pants pants.

Its just not fun to have to micro managed between getting enough rest, moving around quickly enough and food and water. Its either food/thirst or fatigue. Like, its just not anything fun to play at all, its just frustrating.

I understand it is alpha, this is player feedback.

If you need to combat KoS, thats fine, but dont let the whole game suffer, think of better solutions.

Edit: Also this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HrJilElR6w

Edited by Mazzar

I have taken your suggestions to the higher ups. Stay tuned.

Edited by Dgenerate

I wish they would change it to a six hour cycle so I didn't come home from work every day, see that its still light outside and log into night time in game. I don't think loot is too scarce its just that the hunger and thirst are out of control at the rates they cause unconscious. I found tons of loot so far, but have died from dehydration before I could find a container to get water in. I read that they are making it so you can drink from wells so that should help a ton.

I wanted to add that the last two guns I have found were on other players' bodies that had pristine gear. I'm assuming they must have also died of dehydration because both had empty water bottles and no drinks. 

Edited by hogs

More bandage spawn and for love of God less helmits. We get it rocket you really REALLY love those helmits. Yes they look good. You can now stop putting them everywhere.

Like a mother that needs to show pics of their kids to EVERYONE...

• Like 1

What's the point in posting about a run (in this case from electro to novy) and listing what loot was found? I don't understand what that is supposed to prove? Did you want loads and loads of weapons, tools and medical supplies along that route? The stuff you listed will keep you alive, isn't that the point of this game? To survive? Also, the loot doesn't respawn, so somebody might have made that exact run before you did, and all you're seeing is the stuff they left behind.

I'm not saying loot is perfect, but shit man, a lot of people are posting comments like this. What did you expect from an apocalypse? Boxes or M4's at the spawn points? What's the fun in a scavenging game if everything is easy to find?

• Like 2

I have taken your suggestions to the higher ups. Stay tuned.

Yeah thanks

1) That's your opinion, an apocalypse isn't meant to be fun.

2) Just eat, drink and look after yourself.

3) Alpha

4) Loot is too common. Alpha. Balancing to be done.

1) Its a game, it's ment to be fun. The player base isnt into train simulator 2013 (theyre in train simular 2014)

2) boring, i do that in real life

3) Yeah, this is feedback

4) Too common lol? unless you mean pants, then yeah too common. Abit more food and water needs to appear. I dont want it super easy. but it needs to be better

More bandage spawn and for love of God less helmits. We get it rocket you really REALLY love those helmits. Yes they look good. You can now stop putting them everywhere.

Like a mother that needs to show pics of their kids to EVERYONE...

You realize that right clicking a shirt gives you the option to tear it into rags, & rags can be used to bandage.

• Like 2

I have yet to find a single building that doesnt have multiple types of food, at least a can or two of sodas and some sort of tools, wrenches, pliers, hammers, screwdriver etc and of course pants/shirts/hats. I dont get the whole 'no loot" complaint seems to be few and far between and Ive actually been trying to hop servers (full ones) and still have yet to encounter this problem

What's the point in posting about a run (in this case from electro to novy) and listing what loot was found? I don't understand what that is supposed to prove? Did you want loads and loads of weapons, tools and medical supplies along that route? The stuff you listed will keep you alive, isn't that the point of this game? To survive? Also, the loot doesn't respawn, so somebody might have made that exact run before you did, and all you're seeing is the stuff they left behind.

I'm not saying loot is perfect, but shit man, a lot of people are posting comments like this. What did you expect from an apocalypse? Boxes or M4's at the spawn points? What's the fun in a scavenging game if everything is easy to find?

Point is to show how stupid the elitist snobs are when they say loot is fine.

No i couldnt survive off that. my dude when unconcious (yes i rested). Fruit barely fills you up. and i couldnt open any cans. so i infact had no food. screw drivers and knives should now work, so it'll be abit better.

Also i never spoke about any guns, you keep talking about me wanting guns. nah, i just want some food atleast. and a crappy rifle with low ammo wouldnt hurt, but thats not my point.

Never asked for easy to find either, its not either hard or easy, im saying there can be an inbetween, quit being so elitist, its a game, not truck simulator 2002.

I have yet to find a single building that doesnt have multiple types of food, at least a can or two of sodas and some sort of tools, wrenches, pliers, hammers, screwdriver etc and of course pants/shirts/hats. I dont get the whole 'no loot" complaint seems to be few and far between and Ive actually been trying to hop servers (full ones) and still have yet to encounter this problem

Ive been in over 50 houses in 1 run, i usually find plenty of clothing. Nothing else much, if im lucky maybe an axe, maybe a screw driver. Food and drink is almost unheard of for me. I cant tell if youre being an ignorant elitist or just geniunely way luckier than me and my 3 friends, 3 runs. (9 runs)

I kind of wish there was more 5.56 ammo. I seem to almost never find it. Plenty of pants tho!

Reading your complaints make me want this game even more.....

Yeah, took me like 2-3 hours to get from electro to stary, because i had to rest and walk (not run or sprint, walk). Else my guy would perma-faint and die. i love holding down the move forward button for hours, with nothing else in sight or anything to do. Compensation for realism needs work.

I love the game and its potential. im just providing feedback.

Also, all you guys loving the game in its current state, are the same type of fools who believed sony when they said that when their playstations automatically turned off in the middle of a game, it was a feature.

OWWWWW IMMERSION, SUCH SURVIVAL, MANY WOW.

Yeah, took me like 2-3 hours to get from electro to stary, because i had to rest and walk (not run or sprint, walk). Else my guy would perma-faint and die. i love holding down the move forward button for hours, with nothing else in sight or anything to do. Compensation for realism needs work.

Yeah......Love running along in the darkness...Watchin' fo' playaz............Hittin' up Dat sexy W key.......Figurin' Out dem controls......Comparing Chernarus+ to ArmA 2 Chernarus.......Please, keep complaining, it entertains me....

Why is everyone saying how the game is "suppose" to be.. isn't this just a sandbox? That being said.. i don't think we should go for ultra-supreme-super-hyper realism if we want a large player base.. well.. because that's just boring... and not really possible. :/ Idk just my thoughts. 

I think the amount of loot is fine as far as food and water go... The amount you have to eat and drink is not normal. Or at least the symptoms are too extreme.

Chillax bro. I spawned in Balota and looted a whole bunch of cool shit. I ran up north and ended up passing out forever in a building because of dehydration and exhaustion. Did I run to the forums and bitch? Fuck no, I accepted the challenge and did better my next life.

You can't just recycle your MOD experience in the standalone and expect it to work. Making your routine run from Elecktro to Novy with a bit of drink and food, doesn't work the same. I've started going ways I've never gone before, because less people going that way means more loot. Also, I've started stocking up before leaving for the north.

What I'm trying to say is the system isn't perfect, but I've tried it the other way (plenty of loot) and I prefer it this way.

At the rate my guy needs to eat and drink he should have been 100+ kg by now.

Edited by raynor009

While food spawns were plentiful for me... in three lives I found 1 can opener. So all those beans did me no good. And the one can opener I did find, I perma-passed out shortly after drinking a soda and eating a can of beans. Not sure if it was exhaustion or dehydration. I got mt first red "you are thirsty" and collapsed.

So sodas do not seem to help with thirst.

I agree with the poster that said the hunger and thirst mechanics are broke. I had to run from cherno to berezino before I found my first canteen...

Too be honest, I haven't had a massive issue with the unconsciousness. In saying that, I mainly hung around Elektro and Cherno with my friend, only falling unconscious due to loss of blood. If it's half as bad as people make it out to be, I agree it should be fixed. Especially since the default run isn't really a run, more of a jog. A paced jog should be able to last a well fed and rested person quite a while before getting to fainting extremities. The main issue I found was how bad the screen becomes when sick/low on blood. It becomes overwhelmingly unplayable, barely being able to see anything which is annoying.

I think clothing SHOULD be fairly common, considering everyone should have more than one pair of pants and a shirt in the wardrobe, per person, per house. The main issue should be finding GOOD clothing. I really hope they expand the outfit selection though, however, I don't like having 'typical survivor clothing' as the only option... I mainly just want a plumbers jumpsuit :P

Edited by I.Ash