Sign in to follow this  
dayzhopeful

Not having any fun !!

At the moment i am not having fun on this game, not to say it is not a fun game but i am brand new having never played the mod and i am just getting bored searching the same buildings over and over again for scraps. I have a bag but can not find anything useful to put in it.

For example i have been playing for 8 hours and have not found a gun or a bullet, my last two hours i never found one weapon. Everyone on here talks about going to this place and that place but i don't have a clue what they are talking about and i don't have a map or a compass so i can never find it anyway.

Where are the guns???? and why is there no map, its unfair for people who do not know the layout and are left running around like headless chickens???????? :(

2 things:

1) apparently a new loot spawning system where it only spawns on server restart and servers restart every 4 hours

2) loot system isn't working properly right now

• Like 1

Dayz takes a bit to get used to for new players.  Be patient and it will soon poor over you with enjoyment when you get the ropes.  If you need any help ingame and want to play/learn the layout of the map and other things I would be happy to show you.  Just send me a PM on here and we can meet up at a time that suits you.

Regards,

Steak.

I found a new player earlier today too.

I told him the game isn't really worth it right now for any new players. It'll leave a sour taste in your mouth because right now it's a testing stage. Loot is limited, zombies are limited, guns are limited. The game is very limited.

Right now, you should find a hobby in finding bugs or something, because pretty much the best experience out of this game is with the people you meet or zombie situations and IMO right now zombies are too easy once you get the hang of them because they're not all in place.

Dayzhopeful, you are in a phase right now that you will look back upon one day and go "damn, those were the days". 

The whole thing about DayZ is the adventuring, the exploring, the fighting for your life and trying to make do with the resources you have.

Once you know how it all works and where to go, much of the game is lost sadly. 

Enjoy this "noobishness" while you can. 

• Like 3

If you're not having any fun it means you're playing correctly.

• Like 4

Dayz takes a bit to get used to for new players.  Be patient and it will soon poor over you with enjoyment when you get the ropes.  If you need any help ingame and want to play/learn the layout of the map and other things I would be happy to show you.  Just send me a PM on here and we can meet up at a time that suits you.

Regards,

Steak.

Your picture and your name suggest you might handcuff and rape me, because of that i am going to decline your offer.

If you're not having any fun it means you're playing correctly.

That's the best thing I've ever read. Very true!!

At the moment i am not having fun on this game, not to say it is not a fun game but i am brand new having never played the mod and i am just getting bored searching the same buildings over and over again for scraps. I have a bag but can not find anything useful to put in it.

For example i have been playing for 8 hours and have not found a gun or a bullet, my last two hours i never found one weapon. Everyone on here talks about going to this place and that place but i don't have a clue what they are talking about and i don't have a map or a compass so i can never find it anyway.

Where are the guns???? and why is there no map, its unfair for people who do not know the layout and are left running around like headless chickens???????? :(

Believe it or not, I wish I could go back to where you are. Knowing the map and game mechanics too well certainly kills some of the magic.

• Like 1

I found a new player earlier today too.

I told him the game isn't really worth it right now for any new players. It'll leave a sour taste in your mouth because right now it's a testing stage. Loot is limited, zombies are limited, guns are limited. The game is very limited.

Right now, you should find a hobby in finding bugs or something, because pretty much the best experience out of this game is with the people you meet or zombie situations and IMO right now zombies are too easy once you get the hang of them because they're not all in place.

i was going to say something like you did :)

Believe it or not, I wish I could go back to where you are. Knowing the map and game mechanics too well certainly kills some of the magic.

Should be better than there are actually building to go in everywhere now though and you don't just ignore 85% of the map because it had 1 small shack in an entire town that had something other than an empty tin can 1 out of every 5 times you went there.

running around like headless chickens

Been there done that :P 

You should have played arma II. Years ago, then you would have known every nook and cranny. I played arma at least 700 hours before the mod, so I already knew almost everything.

when you do start to find the the good stuff.. it took you soo long to find.. whist struggling to keep healthy and survive... you wont wanna die for shit.  Then when danger comes close you risk losing it all and your heart starts to race... or if your unlucky and get killed losing all your hard earned gear....while your screaming at the screen... you then will know why people play dayz  ;)

Your picture and your name suggest you might handcuff and rape me, because of that i am going to decline your offer.

You just missed out on the most rape fun you could ever have in a barn in the forest in the dark. I would take Steakman up on that offer.

• Like 2

It is funny how a challenge is no longer referred to as such but a game breaking design flaw because someone CBF learning.

It is funny how a challenge is no longer referred to as such but a game breaking design flaw because someone CBF learning.

You are an idiot. Dont comment if you have nothing to add or anything that anyone wants to hear.

You could buy Arma 2 and play armory/custom map to fly about and get a feel of the map. It won't have all the new stuff but you'll feel the general layout of it all.

Part of the fun of DayZ is the exploration. Having a knowledgeable guide player to point you in the right direction doesn't hurt, but there's also a lot to be said for just getting on your bike (or not, they're not in the game yet :p) and going to explore the world. The area around where you spawn is going to be picked completely clean, so head inland and find an area that hasn't been picked clean. The map's more than big enough for there to be plenty of stuff dotted around for everyone.

It would be just the same if you'd started playing the mod first - you'd still not know where anything was or where you were 'supposed' to go. Get out there, explore. FIND that map and compass and navigate your way to these magical locations everyone's talking about. And then go back there after you get shot in the face ten seconds after you arrive. I promise it's a hundred times more fun that way.