Sign in to follow this  
JohnTheCynic (DayZ)

Mosin Nagant Help

I'm not entirely sure if this is an intended feature or not, but when firing the Mosin Nagant and failing to spend all 5 rounds in the weapon (the standard "magazine" size), you cannot reload until all 5 rounds have been spent. However, the shooter should be able to reload at any point in time due to the Mosin Nagant having an "internal magazine" that accepts 5 rounds at a time. Not all 5 rounds have to be spent prior to being reloaded.

tl;dr: Mosin Nagant reloading is iffy. Can't load rounds even when you should be able to.

• Like 2

Probably just not finished yet, most likely it will be implemented sometime down the road.

I'm not entirely sure if this is an intended feature or not, but when firing the Mosin Nagant and failing to spend all 5 rounds in the weapon (the standard "magazine" size), you cannot reload until all 5 rounds have been spent. However, the shooter should be able to reload at any point in time due to the Mosin Nagant having an "internal magazine" that accepts 5 rounds at a time. Not all 5 rounds have to be spent prior to being reloaded.

tl;dr: Mosin Nagant reloading is iffy. Can't load rounds even when you should be able to.

You can add it to the bugtracker. :)

Most likely just not in yet, but will eventually come.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

You can add it to the bugtracker. :)

Most likely just not in yet, but will eventually come.

I tried adding it to the bugtracker along with people Alt-F4'ing, but the bugtracker told me that I got the wrong version (0.28.113734). Do I have to exclude the demicals?

Edited by JohnTheCynic

Where does the mosin spawn? Sorry off topic I know but you seem to have found one and I'm a little curious :)

Where does the mosin spawn? Sorry off topic I know but you seem to have found one and I'm a little curious :)

Honestly, I didn't find it in a spawn. In the first five minutes of me playing, a friendly survivor wielding my new Mosin Nagant gave me the new .45 handgun and was promptly murdered by a hatchet bandit. I exacted revenge and took it for myself. Darn shame the first person I met in alpha was friendly and was murdered. I'd assume it's in farm/civilian areas.

Edited by JohnTheCynic

I found mine in the back of a car mid way up the map, and found the hunting scope on a conveniently dead guy by the cherno apartments hospital. (I swear he was already dead!)

Edited by Merrick362

I normally right click on the bullets loaded into the gun and select eject, then load a fresh 5 rounds.. it's abit inconvenient, but not as much as going into a fire fight with only say 1 or 2 rounds ... 

I normally right click on the bullets loaded into the gun and select eject, then load a fresh 5 rounds.. it's abit inconvenient, but not as much as going into a fire fight with only say 1 or 2 rounds ... 

Yep, had to do this myself. It should just be a quick "topping off". :)