Sign in to follow this  
rooniedoo

When do you think Private Hives will be supported

Do you think it will be supported in beta? Late Alpha? Mid Alpha?  or even early alpha I'm already  seeing some test private hives go up ((BMRF.ME))  for example has their own. so I'm just wondering whens the estimate they will be supported?
((I hope to god they don't make 1000000 vehicles spawn with a m4 with5 mags and a rds servers.))

hopefully they just wont do it full stop, too many shitty servers for the mod due to private hive, its hard to even find a good vanilla server

Do you think it will be supported in beta? Late Alpha? Mid Alpha?  or even early alpha I'm already  seeing some test private hives go up ((BMRF.ME))  for example has their own. so I'm just wondering whens the estimate they will be supported?

((I hope to god they don't make 1000000 vehicles spawn with a m4 with5 mags and a rds servers.))

Hopefully later rather than sooner because of what is in tiny text in your comment. If they can host it they will add that crap and there are a bunch of players who will go to it, then other players will go there because their friends are there, then more, then because there is population on those servers... Keep it pure for at least a year or two.

Ideally never.

Private hives ruined the essence of DayZ.

EDIT: I'm an idiot.

Edited by Statik

Ideally never.

Public hives ruined the essence of DayZ.

But what about private hives such as DayZrp?..

hopefully never. people are still free to mod Arma II however they like

Edited by daze23

But what about private hives such as DayZrp?..

Has rules, safezones, etc, etc. I'm not saying their bad, DayZRP and other mods are really cool. They just ruined what DayZ is about.

hopefully they just wont do it full stop, too many shitty servers for the mod due to private hive, its hard to even find a good vanilla server

hard? just join an offical server. Still tons of those.

Ideally never.

Private hives ruined the essence of DayZ.

EDIT: I'm an idiot.

I personally thought they fixed it, at least for my taste. Nothing wrong with supporting additional modding. It's what made early engines and games thrive.

Has rules, safezones, etc, etc. I'm not saying their bad, DayZRP and other mods are really cool. They just ruined what DayZ is about.

safezones....? 

DayZRp does not have safezones, just no KOS...

Rules are a good thing with RPing.

I'm more interested in seeing how they will respond to server hoppers. I think ideally that was what Priv. Hive was for.

I'm more interested in seeing how they will respond to server hoppers. I think ideally that was what Priv. Hive was for.

I'm all for private hives like BMRF who basically run vanilla dayz (not like others where you start with M4 and has safezones and teleports ETC.) and have rules for combat loggers, and have whitelists to reduce cheating.

Much better than having people quit during a fight in the public hive, or just log in to 50 empty servers at the airfield and get infinite good gear... Or when someone logs out when you have them pinned down, repositions and logs back in? Until they have those issues ironed out on the public hive, private hives running official dayz should be the way to go.

Not to mention the massive influx of cheaters that are going to be filling up public servers over the next couple weeks...

I'm all for private hives like BMRF who basically run vanilla dayz (not like others where you start with M4 and has safezones and teleports ETC.) and have rules for combat loggers, and have whitelists to reduce cheating.

Much better than having people quit during a fight in the public hive, or just log in to 50 empty servers at the airfield and get infinite good gear... Or when someone logs out when you have them pinned down, repositions and logs back in? Until they have those issues ironed out on the public hive, private hives running official dayz should be the way to go.

Not to mention the massive influx of cheaters that are going to be filling up public servers over the next couple weeks...

maybe if they spent some time working how to block hacks...

oh wait, i forgot, that would actually be WORKING on the game

maybe if they spent some time working how to block hacks...

oh wait, i forgot, that would actually be WORKING on the game

Your points are invalid.

A.) It's impossible to block hacks. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE HACKERS.

B.) They are actually WORKING on the game. Just look at all the dev blogs. +The roundups.

I don't see what your saying here.

Some, not all Private Hives were a bad idea... In saying that, it should be a very long time if at all that we see private hives. If we do see them, it MUST be a very structured process to get one up and running not just allowed to anyone.

safezones....? 

DayZRp does not have safezones, just no KOS...

Rules are a good thing with RPing.

The trading post did.

The trading post did.

Trading posts gone m8.

And just this in

THERE'S ALREADY A PRIVATE HIVE THAT YOU SPAWN WITH A GUN.

Lets see, our options are

Private Hives:

- 24/7 Daylight

- Starting Loadouts

- Server admins selling game assets for real life cash to other people stupid enough to buy them.

Or

Public Hive:

- Constant problems with ghosters and combat loggers.

- Player entitlement drama where they believe they have a right to do whatever they want on your server and you can't do shit about it because "Rocket sez so".

- Server administration control for server admins is anemic and mostly hands off. Leading to an unpredictable server environment which is bad for community building.

Yeah I'd say both options have their points of suck. Whereas conversely, the points that suck about each, are strongly countered by their opposite. If only there was something in the middle.