Sign in to follow this  
MiddleMan (DayZ)

Can't eat food

I cannot seem to eat any food.  I can right click on some food and there is an eat option, but on this can of sardines it just says "receiving...".  I tried putting it in my hand via the hotbar and scroll wheeling, but there is no option to eat.  Could anyone help me?

I cannot seem to eat any food.  I can right click on some food and there is an eat option, but on this can of sardines it just says "receiving...".  I tried putting it in my hand via the hotbar and scroll wheeling, but there is no option to eat.  Could anyone help me?

You need to open the canned goods first, obviously. For most you need a canopener of some sort, though you can open the "Canned Tuna" without and eat the "Cereal" directly out the box.

• Like 1

You need to find a can opener and open the can up by dragging the can opener to your can of whatever, then you'll have the option to eat it

So:

1: Find a can opener

2: Open the can by "combining" the two

3: Eat!

Hope this helps :)

Edit - Damnit, ninja'd

Edited by Igor197
  • Like 2

All these are correct, keep in mind with the new build coming out you will be able to open items via sharp tools i.e. bayonets and knifes which will result in damage to the item but also get the result you are looking for http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154520-pending-update-rev-113772/#entry1550262

Regards,

Steak.

• Like 1

I've been using an knife to open some of the canned food. Dont know if it works with all of the canned foods. Worked on sardines at least...