Sign in to follow this  
booshee

Dayz Suggestion: shorter day/night cycle

Idea that came up in one of the topics about night time servers:

Short day/night cycle 1-2 hours long day/ 1-2 hours long night.

Hear me out humans:)

Similar idea is used in games like Project Zomboid, Minecraft etc. It would really change the dynamics of the game, imagine planning a trip from one end of the map to the other when you know that half way it will get dark ( increased number of zombies during the night time ), should you wait for the morning in one of the villages or you decide to move further. Sun going down at faster rate  would increase the pressure on players (" man, we need to get moving it's getting dark "). Shorter nights, equals waiting with the fingers on those triggers for the morning (when things may get a little bit easier). Last thing, short cycle would make present daytime/night time servers debate irrelevant. It doesn't matter where are you from or how the server is set up, you will experience at least 1 and a half of a cycle during one session in DayZ. Would be really cool if someone from the Mighty Dev team could reflect on that idea.

Try searching the forums.  Many threads already taking about the night/day cycle.

This suggestion has been made since the birth of the mod. The answer has always been "No". Sorry about that!

This suggestion has been made since the birth of the mod. The answer has always been "No". Sorry about that!

Why not?

I agree,

Its should be like 8 hours day and 3 hrs night!

(((Its not fair)))

to everyone who plays at night,

Most who are  at  work  all day!

they have to play in teh Dark everytime/everyday,

they play the DAYZ.

We will be addressing solutions for this, however because simulation is explicitly tied with the world time is it is not a trivial fix, and therefore something that has to be carefully planned, executed, and tested. Will keep you informed when we start on this.

• Like 2

What are the default server time zones Rocket??

We will be addressing solutions for this, however because simulation is explicitly tied with the world time is it is not a trivial fix, and therefore something that has to be carefully planned, executed, and tested. Will keep you informed when we start on this.

while I'm not whining, I must say I don't enjoy night, never have, ever since the early days of the mod. when I get in from work all servers are night for like 10 hours. Its not fun, youll lose a chunk of playerbase dean, hope its addressed soon.

Hi Dean, congrats to you and all "the Bohemians" for entering the Alpha. Do you get any sleep? ;) Watching this thing progressing every day is such a treat. Great stuff. I'm really looking forward to see what Devs solution to the day/night cycle will be.

Edited by booshee