jjeez

Is 3rd person really going away?

Ughh first person is so weird in this game. I feel like i am 3 ft tall when standing in first person.

If it is being taken away that will be stupid it is a game.

The reaction time and ability to realistically move is laughable (takes 30 fucking seconds to throw something...)

Third person is good for getting a feel for your surroundings plus first person prone will just make so many people rage since the only way to avoid zombies is crawling and in first person you can't see shit.

Ya i have to admit i don't think i would play this mod if it was pure first person. (i also use THIRD *fixed* person to see if the GAME actually picked up the backpack/gun i tried picking up.

Not likely. But personally, i would like to see all the servers have the same rules, no 3rd person & no crosshair.

I say let the admin decide which version he wants on his server, as it is now.

There are plenty server with and without 3rd or crosshair or day/nighttime.

Everyone can select the type of gaming he wants by selecting the right server with the right settings for himself.

I say leave for people to choose, if personally like to play in 3rd person, but with no crosshairs active.

No way, keep third person in. The people that are butthurt about thirdperson can go play on first person servers, how is that even hard? The problem has already been solved, there's plenty of first person only servers to choose from.

The only reason I want to keep it is because while running in 1st person view, your screen shakes like crazy. IRL, the human brain can compensate for much of the movement of the head while keeping vision focused and relatively clear. That is NOT the case when you're in 1st person mode in Day Z. I use 3rd person while traveling in the country so I can alt-look around and view my surroundings without the stupidly violent view shaking.

Since ArmA 2 has freelook you don't need 3rd person to look around.

God I hope not. I can't play without it

The only reason I want to keep it is because while running in 1st person view' date=' your screen shakes like crazy. IRL, the human brain can compensate for much of the movement of the head while keeping vision focused and relatively clear. That is NOT the case when you're in 1st person mode in Day Z. I use 3rd person while traveling in the country so I can alt-look around and view my surroundings without the stupidly violent view shaking.

[/quote']

Escape > Option > Game option > turn down the shakes stuff

1st person is so much more immersive and much more in keeping with the mod. Plus in 3rd person you can look over walls and round corners, that's cheese The main reason I ever use 3rd person is so as not to be at a disadvantage and its annoying that so many servers have it on. That said, if you'll truly miss the feature then I feel for you, only time I'll really miss it is prone in tall grass surrounded by zeds.

driving is just plain painful in 1st person. I agree you can see a bit much in 3rd person, but it is what it is.

I love 3rd Person but pure 1st Person won't take away my interest in this game. I think the current "let admins choose" style is perfect. But I can totally understand why it would be taken away.

Yeah but think like this... you get to see alot more in 3rd person, but so does everyone else... so nobody is at a disvantage with it.

I hope 3d person will stay. And let servers decide what they want.

Sometime I play on 3dp and crosshair. SOmetimes just 3dp and sometimes no 3dp and no crossh.

I like to vary and think the options should be there for the players to choose.

And in 3dp I get this survivor feeling when I can see my character and what he is doing in the world. Add another kind of feeling than 1st person. But then sometime I feel to play a bit more hardcore and then join a non 3dp server.

I hope it stays. I tend to feel a bit more attached to my character when I can actually see it. Whether it's allowed or not should be left up to the server admins.

3rd person needs to stay. Unless they turn the head bob down, its hard to play in first person.

I do miss 3rd person, i only play on an expert server right now. Its nice to be able to look at your character : /. I dont like getting killed because of my nametag and i sure as hell dont want to get killed because a guy was looking 3rd person around a wall at me.

Luke you can turn head bob off in settings.

You can adjust the head bob in your options.

1st person is so much more immersive and much more in keeping with the mod. Plus in 3rd person you can look over walls and round corners' date=' that's cheese The main reason I ever use 3rd person is so as not to be at a disadvantage and its annoying that so many servers have it on. That said, if you'll truly miss the feature then I feel for you, only time I'll really miss it is prone in tall grass surrounded by zeds.

[/quote']

Pretty much what this guy said. I play on no third person because third person is an advantage you really shouldn't have. I have no problems getting past zambies with only first person going sneaky sneaky even with the latest changes to the visibility and sound.

As for removing it I could care less as long as their is a server I can go to with it switched off. I'll just make fun of people who can't live without it.