jjeez

Is 3rd person really going away?

i usually roll around in 1st person when traveling, but when I get to a town / city or if I'm driving I switch to 3rd.

I think the main driving idea behind this movement would be to prevent people exploiting 3rd person by looking around corners and such. But honestly let there be some freedom of expression here.

I prefer 3rd, NO tag, NO cross-hairs...

I'm a big advocate for realism. And I support 3rd person and crosshairs being enabled.

They help simulate a physical sensation: propriocepital and kinesthesial awareness. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proprioception

This is the sense of where your limbs are. If I'm playing DayZ and want to prone around corner and if I'm stuck in first person, I don't know where my feet are going to be. Third person lets me know my feet aren't going to be poking around the side. This is also true when I'm hiding under the boughs of a pine tree.

And I've held and shot a lot of weapons in my time. I have a gist of where the weapon is pointed that's more specific than "foward." Maybe removing the central floating crosshair would be appropriate, but showing the player where the barrel is pointed is something that holding the weapon would communicate in a way that SEEING the weapon simply doesn't.

So, yes, of course 3rd person lets you see around corners (which is cheap; I'm not arguing that it isn't) and the crosshairs let you hip shot with certain guns more accurately than normal (which isn't realistic), but I don't think removing them is the way to resolve the issue.

What else could we do to resolve those two issues?

• Like 1

I certainly hope it goes away, personally. 3rd person is so arcade-y to me. 1st person is way more intense and realistic--which is supposed to be a large feature of the mod after all; realism.

Plus, yeah, 1st person doesn't let you "cheat" around corners and over rooftops like 3rd person does. :dodgy:

i dont see why it cant stay the way it is with some servers allowing it and otehr not play where u want players choice.quit all the qqing and start pewpewing

I certainly hope it goes away' date=' personally. 3rd person is so arcade-y to me. 1st person is way more intense [i']and realistic--which is supposed to be a large feature of the mod after all; realism.

Plus, yeah, 1st person doesn't let you "cheat" around corners and over rooftops like 3rd person does. :dodgy:

Oh my god, just play on a first person server then! The solution is already right there in front of you man. Pick one of those servers and you will never have to worry about someone seeing you around a corner from third person, and then everyone is happy. Or do people really dislike that another player in a completely different server isn't playing it the same way as they are?

The first person view in arma gives me motion sickness if I'm playing it for more than 10 minutes. I only go into first person when its time to shoot someone usually.

I hope they get rid of 3rd person. I never use it cause I only play FPS games. The excuses people wrote here are lame. Also the threats of quiting the game for good if 3rd person is removed is humorous.

Just because you don't use it' date=' nobody should be allowed? Nice logic, ass. Stick to first person restricted servers, and don't push your subjective views on others.

[/quote']

I do! The experience is superior to your 3rd person lowered threshold version of

the game.

Hey bro this concept may blow your mind, but some people play the game because it's enjoyable. They don't worry about having to be the superior (in their own head) gamer, which is incredibly silly. I don't play on nametag servers because fuck that cheap crap, but I don't sit around claiming to be more elite than people who do play on nametag servers.

I do! The experience is superior to your 3rd person lowered threshold version of

the game.

Your experience is superior to mine? I didn't know you could compare subjective ideas. Please, enlighten me how first person view is factually superior.

Hey bro

I'm not your bro

this concept may blow your mind' date=' but some people play the game because it's enjoyable. They don't worry about having to be the superior (in their own head) gamer, which is incredibly silly.[/quote']

Sounds like the common console player

I don't play on nametag servers because fuck that cheap crap, but I don't sit around claiming to be more elite than people who do play on nametag servers.

You kind of did, by saying its cheap crap to play on name tag servers.

I never said I was elite, far from it, but the game mode I play is and it's the way it should be played by all. I don't want to play some game that assists me and holds my hand like having a green crosshair or letting myself look around corners in 3rd person. I want challenge in a unique way and this mod provides that.

- start a new life with no weapon= Awesome

- makes night dark as fuck! = Awesome

- make zombies harder = Awesome

How many people are complaining about that?

I will leave it at that. Time to play some dayz @ night

When it goes away' date=' so does my interest. I always play in 3rd person.

[/quote']

^^ This, leave it alone.

Cheers. :cool:

3rd person has to stay. Too much first person view in Arma/Day Z makes me a little motion sick.

I like the idea of certain servers allowing it and others not.

Won't play without 3rd person. It's that simple. I will uninstall and never think about this game again.

Don't know if its true or not, but that's just how it is. I'm sure I won't be alone either.

Won't play without 3rd person. It's that simple. I will uninstall and never think about this game again.

Don't know if its true or not' date=' but that's just how it is. I'm sure I won't be alone either.

[/quote']

It certainly is - might as well uninstall straight away and get it out of the way.

Sounds like the common console player

Hahaha' date=' so people who play games for fun and aren't worried about being xxxhardcorexxx tacticool are all console kiddies? What a spergy, nerdy thing to say.

You kind of did, by saying its cheap crap to play on name tag servers.

I never said I was elite, far from it, but the game mode I play is and it's the way it should be played by all. I don't want to play some game that assists me and holds my hand like having a green crosshair or letting myself look around corners in 3rd person.

What part of "then play on a first-person only server" are you not understanding?

3rd person has to stay. Too much first person view in Arma/Day Z makes me a little motion sick.

I like the idea of certain servers allowing it and others not.

No man you totally don't understand. Even if you (and I) get a bit woozy from how ARMA handles its first-person mechanic and choose to play in third person, a random geek from a completely different server will still get upset about it. You see, his way is how it should be played and if you aren't doing it that way it :( ruins his immersion! :(

• Like 1

I hate 3rd person games but how ARMA does it I love it. I love watching my player's animations and without it I know I will be killed by zombies hiding in corner at door entrances. I won't play as much but I know I won't play it regularly or buy rebuy CO on Steam cause Amazon's copy sucks.

Hahaha' date=' so people who play games for fun and aren't worried about being xxxhardcorexxx tacticool are all console kiddies? What a spergy, nerdy thing to say.

[/quote']

You're the one who started playing a game with emphasis on simulation, not "easy to get into casual gameplay" - Third person gives the player an unfair advantage if chosen clientside. And forces players to play third person if enabled serverside.

So yes - Console kiddie.

The day 3rd person goes away is the day I uninstall the game and never look back. This game is CRAP in 1st person. Complete garbage. It's amazing in 3rd.

Don't know if its true or not' date=' but that's just how it is. I'm sure I won't be alone either.

[/quote']

It certainly is - might as well uninstall straight away and get it out of the way.

If you are wrong, I get to play this to you.

No - you most certainly do not get to play anything, since you just ragequit over something as simple as view aspect.

[quote='Keurk' pid='165117' dateline='1340307647'

Escape > Option > Game option > turn down the shakes stuff

That setting would be Head Bobbing. Its vomit worthy.

3rd person is a gaming abomination. Kill it with Fire!!!

(it is handy for crawling tho)