Sign in to follow this  
Nibiru (DayZ)

Weird Mouse movement DayZ standalone.

This should have been priority 1, but at least frankieonpc is comlpaining about it to rocket. Hopefully that expedites the process.

its sooooo difficult to scout around inside, nevermind close quarter battles

Its been asked since the mod. If it isnt fixed by now, It wont be. regardless how many times people will say alpha. I'ts just something thats never a priority in every game I experience it in and never gets looked at.

And for anyone having this issue go to the bug reporting page and you can get more info on it.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/login_page.php

You don't need to submit another bug report because it's already well reported and it looks like it's fairly high priority at this point.

• Like 1

Its been asked since the mod. If it isnt fixed by now, It wont be. regardless how many times people will say alpha. I'ts just something thats never a priority in every game I experience it in and never gets looked at.

dude i never had this issue in the old dayz mod. its something they changed since the standalone.

This should have been priority 1, but at least frankieonpc is comlpaining about it to rocket. Hopefully that expedites the process.

its sooooo difficult to scout around inside, nevermind close quarter battles

i totally agree with you. i wonder how the makers can't feel the mouse movement is terrible , and we can.

or its supposed to be realistic like i said. realism or not , it sucks. mouse movement on pc games is like

one of the most important factors in the game ( if not the most important ). if they won't change it , i will be very sorry to say.

that i might not play the dayz standalone that much. no hard feelings.

This game has the buggiest mouse input I have ever seen in my 10+ years of gaming, and frankly I find it scandalous that you would release software like this, even alpha (as the mouse input is the single most important thing in a shooter). Please fix it ASAP.

Well , if it is supposed to be like this , i doubt they are going to change it. im guessing they will only change it if a lot of people are going to quit playing dayz because of this.

This game has the buggiest mouse input I have ever seen in my 10+ years of gaming, and frankly I find it scandalous that you would release software like this, even alpha (as the mouse input is the single most important thing in a shooter). Please fix it ASAP.

I have to say, that in your 10+ years of gaming, you haven't played a lot of games. There are way more games, that are not alpha or even pre alpha (As DayZ SA is) and they got worse mouseinput problems. It's an alpha. They fix something and something breaks. That's actually pretty normal. I'm sure that they haven't tryed some kind of super-realistic-mouse-movement-simulation stuff. I suppose that they fixed something else that caused this issue. That's not scandalous. It would be, if they couldn't get it fixed, but I'm sure, the next patch will fix this issue.

Edited by Zhin

I just purchased this game today and unfortunately I'm having the same mouse movement issues. Disabling mouse acceleration is not functional, and movement on the X-axis is incredibly floaty and not precise.

I hope this is something that gets addressed soon - having the ability to accurately move and configure one's mouse in a first person shooter is incredibly important.

Mouse hardware is Logitech G300.

I doubt theres a problem with my mouse since it's brand new

It's your mouse.

its arma 2 mouse feeling and its not nice. Please update to Arma 3 mouse mechanics.

No its definitely not the same as Arma 2. I have what seems to be negative mouse acceleration, that is, if you move the mouse slowly you turn faster than if you move the mouse quickly.

hey all,

So i just purchased DayZ on steam. First of all i want to say that i know it is in alpha,

And that im not crying about anything , i just wanna know if there is a temporarily fix for this.

Oke lets get to the point. I have this weird Mouse movement , that my head goes up and down really fast.

and left to right very slowly. í've tried practically everything, making the x axis faster, y axis faster etc.

I just cant solve this issue, I asked other people in my steam list and they say they arent noticing any problems with it.

I doubt theres a problem with my mouse since it's brand new , and no problems in other games. ( Roccat XTD )

So can someone help me out? Thanks.

PS: never had this issue in the old DayZ, Arma2 or Arma3.

Nibiru.

YES!@!@!@

I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE DEALING WITH THIS SHIT :D     Beans sir

Manually finding a balance between X and Y by increasing the Y speed will have to do until a fix is implemented. 

Also, if anyone has a way of disabling that cancerous acceleration I would really like to know. Its so fucking horrible.

I'm also suffering from this "negative acceleration". It's extremely unintuitive and I hope that it's not by design.

Turn off your post processing, it will make your mouse and screen a lot more stable!

It really helped me a lot.

Also turn down the motion blur a bit more, makes it a lot better.

Turn off your post processing, it will make your mouse and screen a lot more stable!

It really helped me a lot.

Also turn down the motion blur a bit more, makes it a lot better.

Thanks for the suggestion but I already have both options disabled.

Then play around a bit more with your graphic settings.

It might seem as your graphic settings are poor but your gameplay experience will go up.

Because you'll have more direct contact and aim with your mouse in fps.

Then play around a bit more with your graphic settings.

It might seem as your graphic settings are poor but your gameplay experience will go up.

Because you'll have more direct contact and aim with your mouse in fps.

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with graphics. If you had this bug you would be too. I can turn fast if I move my mouse slow. The faster I move my mouse the slower my character turns in-game. "Negative acceleration" as someone called it pretty much describes it.

Edited by moriak

Because of being unable to disable acceleration, I've put a bit of smoothing back on, and its bearable for me now. Just have to get used to it.

The engine this is built off has never had "standard" movement mechanics. Also when configuring mouse, use ALT look for checking speeds. Depending on what you're carrying your avatars movement will be affected as such.

I believe I have a solution to the X:Y issue.

Go into your documents\dayz\dayz.cfg and change WinX to 32 (the same as Y)

I am still looking to see if there is something for acceleration but have not found anything yet :/

Edited by RaxUK

The issue you are experiencing is Unfixable on anyones side but the coders.

This issue is called "Negative Mouse Acceleration". I've already posted this to other threads that are experiencing this. This is an unavoidable issue at the moment that pretty much everyone experiences. Those who say they don't didn't know what it was and got used to it.

If you point your mouse at a spot, turn your mouse somewhat slow and do a full 360, try to do that same 360 but as fast as you can, you will probably move about 40 degrees if lucky.

This causes for squirly feel when you try to navigate through the game and precision aim.

Negative mouse acceleration is caused by poor coding and needs to be fixed on their end. This has nothing to do with "mouse acceleration" not turning off as that makes your aim move faster the faster you move the mouse.

FarCry 3 is known to have this issue and thats with mouse acceleration toggle working.

You know now that I think about it. I haven't tried turning up mouse acceleration to the max to see if this can counter negative pull. I doubt it does but I need to try that next time.

I came to this conclusion on my own. Noticed it was the opposite of mouse acceleration. I hope it does get fixed because as is this game is unplayable for me. I feel like my character has downs syndrome.