OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

I live in California and really I'm looking for a good affordable setup (laptop or desktop) that can run dayz with decent FPS. I don't even know what price range but I guess I'm looking for most affordable. Maybe someone has a used rig that I can buy off them that works. I don't know.

So what card could I get 150 or lower which will allow me to get good fps on med high settings.this is the rest
AMD fx 6300
Asus m5a97 mobo
Radeon r9 270x dual x - my potential card
8gb ram

or could you advise a set up within a 400-500 pound price range

Edited by g-dubmx

I live in California and really I'm looking for a good affordable setup (laptop or desktop) that can run dayz with decent FPS. I don't even know what price range but I guess I'm looking for most affordable. Maybe someone has a used rig that I can buy off them that works. I don't know.

Have a look at newegg.com. affordable is subjective but either way the cheapest laptop ( that has more performance than a smartphone in laptop chassi ) would set you back at least $400.

You could build literally twice as fast desktop anywhere from $500 and up although not counting monitor, keyboard...

So what card could I get 150 or lower which will allow me to get good fps on med high settings.this is the rest

AMD fx 6300

Asus m5a97 mobo

Radeon r9 270x dual x - my potential card

8gb ram

or could you advise a set up within a 400-500 pound price range

It looks good to me although the FX chips are...lazy. The R9 270 is hard to beat card for the money but make sure your power supply can feed it well.

I imagine it will take some very decent cooler to cool the X2 gpu

Edited by Colonel-Wicked

Have a look at newegg.com. affordable is subjective but either way the cheapest laptop ( that has more performance than a smartphone in laptop chassi ) would set you back at least $400.

You could build literally twice as fast desktop anywhere from $500 and up although not counting monitor, keyboard...

It looks good to me although the FX chips are...lazy. The R9 270 is hard to beat card for the money but make sure your power supply can feed it well.

I imagine it will take some very decent cooler to cool the X2 gpu

ok thanks alot mate,

so what FPS and GFX settings would you expect to run and achieve?

by lazy what do you mean? its slow? 

and when you say a cooler to cool the x2 gpu what are you referring to? extras fans?

btw i appreciate the help this is my 1st build, just a pure Standalone build

this is the card im looking at http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-sapphire-r9-270x-dual-x-boost-oc-28nm-gddr5-gpu-1020mhz-1280-streams-dp-dvi-hdmi

AMD FX 6300

Asus m5a97 mobo

8gb ram

750w psu

radeon r9 270x 2gb < see link above. this is the card im considiring

Edited by g-dubmx

Yes that's what I meant, the FX chips are rather slow but I just looked up the price on amazon and for ~ 80 quid thats a decent deal alright. Its down to what games and at what quality you want to play on, I suppose for most generic games out there the FX chip will do its job great but once you throw at it games like arma, pcars, oblivion or other CPU hogs is where intel will hold it's ground and make the difference btw still playable 30 fps or 15-20fps on these FX chips.

The bottom line is that if you can stretch to 600 quid, you'd get a beast of a PC for ~ 100-150 quid more.

I've already posted build with about the same budget here - 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/159342-will-this-work-as-a-general-gaming-pc/?p=1601357

As for the GPU, since the price difference is negligible I'd go for one of these as they have slightly better cooling and lower noise -

( better cooling, potentially more overclock = more performance )

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-sapphire-radeon-r9-270x-vapor-x-boost-oc-28nm-5800mhz-gddr5-gpu-1050mhz-boost-1100mhz-1280-strea

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-msi-radeon-r9-270x-gaming-2g-28nm-5600mhz-gddr5-gpu-1030mhz-boost-1120mhz-1280-streams-dp-2x-dl-

Edited by Colonel-Wicked

Yes that's what I meant, the FX chips are rather slow but I just looked up the price on amazon and for ~ 80 quid thats a decent deal alright. Its down to what games and at what quality you want to play on, I suppose for most generic games out there the FX chip will do its job great but once you throw at it games like arma, pcars, oblivion or other CPU hogs is where intel will hold it's ground and make the difference btw still playable 30 fps or 15-20fps on these FX chips.

so basically if i change the fx chip to an intel 5 that would perform way better? the point of my build is to stay between 400 to 500. it was never supposed to be over, surely theres a way i can achieve normal-high gfx settings with 30-40 fps on dayz standalone within my price range. my chip assessment is based on this, price/performance http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-3570K-vs-AMD-FX-6300

this could be my potential new build. how would this perform.

cpu-intel i5 4670

mobo- MSI H87-G41PCMATE, Intel H87, S 1150, DDR3, SATA III 6Gb/s, RAID, PCIe 3.0 (x16), D-Sub/DVI-D/HDMI, ATX

gpu-sapphire radeon r9 270x vapour x

8gb ram - still undecided

750 psu powercool

what kinda of gfx settings and FPS would i run and achieve on this

Edited by g-dubmx

With the intel rig it would be pretty much high. If you check my sig I have quite similar build and it feels really smooth. I can't really tell you how much fps as I never got around measuring it but its fluid.

The intel build is however pushing the budget and even though it would be superior build to the FX based rig, its also more expensive. You get what you pay for as they say.

In either rig, the 750W PSU is overkill. Choose quality supply from corsair or similar and 550W should be enough, unless you plan to SLI those R9's sometime down the road.

( 650W still should do grand )

With the FX rig, and assuming dayz get heavily optimized, you should be able to run high with some drops in cities is what I'd expect.

• Like 1

With the intel rig it would be pretty much high. If you check my sig I have quite similar build and it feels really smooth. I can't really tell you how much fps as I never got around measuring it but its fluid.

The intel build is however pushing the budget and even though it would be superior build to the FX based rig, its also more expensive. You get what you pay for as they say.

In either rig, the 750W PSU is overkill. Choose quality supply from corsair or similar and 550W should be enough, unless you plan to SLI those R9's sometime down the road.

( 650W still should do grand )

With the FX rig, and assuming dayz get heavily optimized, you should be able to run high with some drops in cities is what I'd expect.

thats great work mate, really appreciate it. tbh i really dont want to push the budget. i think i'll stick to the fx chip but with your card choice the r9270x vapor x. i can always upgrade later on.. last thing mate lol can you please recommend a mobo for me, around the 50 pound mark. with potential to upgrade to 32gb.

AMD FX 6300

RADEON R9 270X VAPOR X.

8GB RAM

thanks alot mate, again i really appreciate your time.

I'd go for any of these. The differences are subtle at best and the important stuff is the same 970 chipset and 887 audio codecs. Phase looks to be the same on all of these so really, any of these -

btw - you sure you need 32Gb RAM? Literally 001% of people can use this much and they usually heavy render / edit videos or 3DS stuff?

I've got 8Gb and Im yet to see more usage than 3Gb at a time.

http://uk.msi.com/product/mb/970A-G43.html#/?div=Basic

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97_LE_R20/#specifications

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4591#sp

You're welcome pal

Edited by Colonel-Wicked

thanks alot mate. :D hopefully they will heavily optimize, ha ha. is it likely?

Hi guys I

m new to Dayz and im running it on a acer :( say no more well i run it at lowest settings which tbh looks crap and lags with most movement with any game i play so im going to get a gaming rig but im unsure if these specs will bottleneck or whatever else can go wrong im not 100% pc pro but i know the basic's im looking for smooth gameplay and some pretty scenery i am on a pretty small budget really i want to play the game at max settings but for my budget if this isn't possible high would be awesome

here i have listed the specs im planning to buy any info on these specs would be a great help ( only listing major parts i know watts needed to support )

CPU                                             AMD FX 8320 (8 x 3.5 GHZ - Turbo 8 x 4.0 GHZ) Cloakspeed 3.5 GHz core 8    - DDR3 - 1866 

graphic                                        AMD Radeon HD 6450 - 1 GB - (XFX) - Silent - (PCI-E)  i feel this is to weak

motherboard   Gigabyte GA-78LMT/USB3 (AMD 760G) harddrive 500 GB Seagate SATA-III HDD 7200 RPM 16MB

i will replace this with a 1TB harddrive came with my acer

getting 8GB of ram

Sorry for the mess the forum must be alpha also

Edited by krankie

Desktop or laptop? -Desktop
Monitor resolution: -1920x1080
CPU: -i5 2500k @4,5GHz
Graphics card: -GTX 770 @1300MHz
RAM: -6GB 1333MHz
SSD? (Yes/No) 240GB Crucial M500

Running it on very high and I've got FPS above 60 all the time except when moving into cities.
Edited by MisterRaiz0r

Desktop

Monitor resolution: 1920x1080

CPU: Intel i5-4670k @ 3.4 Ghz with turbo boost to 3.8Ghz

Graphics card: Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 770 OC

RAM: 8GB

SSD? (Yes/No) No

Game runs fine.

thanks alot mate. :D hopefully they will heavily optimize, ha ha. is it likely?

I think it's likely but this will take a lot of time. We shall see close to the release or post. 

Hi guys I

here i have listed the specs im planning to buy any info on these specs would be a great help ( only listing major parts i know watts needed to support )

CPU                                             AMD FX 8320 (8 x 3.5 GHZ - Turbo 8 x 4.0 GHZ) Cloakspeed 3.5 GHz core 8    - DDR3 - 1866 

graphic                                        AMD Radeon HD 6450 - 1 GB - (XFX) - Silent - (PCI-E)  i feel this is to weak

motherboard   Gigabyte GA-78LMT/USB3 (AMD 760G) harddrive 500 GB Seagate SATA-III HDD 7200 RPM 16MB

Hey Krankie the FX 8320 is a serious CPU for the money ( but only if it is near similar price as the FX 6300 ) but the listed HD 6450 is rubbish. You need to be looking at at least something like HD 7870.

From good to best cards that are considered as gaming cards -

HD 7850   

HD 7870  ( alternative is R9 270X it being newer model )

HD 7950

HD 7970   ( R290X being best as it's newer model )

It's down to your budget as always. Whenever somebody doesn't mention their power supply, it's time to get concerned :) What is yours?

Edited by Colonel-Wicked

I think it's likely but this will take a lot of time. We shall see close to the release or post. 

Hey Krankie the FX 8320 is a serious CPU for the money ( but only if it is near similar price as the FX 6300 ) but the listed HD 6450 is rubbish. You need to be looking at at least something like HD 7870.

From good to best cards that are considered as gaming cards -

HD 7850   

HD 7870  ( alternative is R9 270X it being newer model )

HD 7950

HD 7970   ( R290X being best as it's newer model )

It's down to your budget as always. Whenever somebody doesn't mention their power supply, it's time to get concerned :) What is yours?

Ah i see not sure if this will link but ill try as you can have a look at where im buying it from and its at the max limit i can budget my rig http://www.computerplanet.co.uk/gaming/gx1000/builder.html link might not show my changes to the build

you may have noticed ive changed the graphic card to a geforce GT 640 the site says the PSU is supported but if u look and say otherwise i guess ill have to change it up abit

Edited by krankie

iMac 21,5" Later 2013 with bootcamp and win7 Professional.

CPU  2,7 GHz Intel Core i5

RAM  8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  Intel Iris Pro 1024 MB

?

could it work?

iMac 21,5" Later 2013 with bootcamp and win7 Professional.

CPU  2,7 GHz Intel Core i5

RAM  8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  Intel Iris Pro 1024 MB

?

could it work?

It should work i see no reason why not but you may have to play on low settings but i may also be confused as to if its a pc or a laptop but if pc defo lappy lowest settings

Edited by krankie

Desktop or laptop? Desktop

CPU: FX 8320 3.5GHz

Graphics card: ATi Raedeon HD 7770 1Gb DDR5

RAM:* 8GB 1866MHz

SSD? (Yes/No) No

Thank you krankie, i only have a doubt about my integrated graphics card.

CPU: FX 8320 3.5 GHz

Graphics card: ATI Raedeon HD 7770 1Gb DDR5

RAM:* 8Gb  1866MHz

SSD? (Yes/No) No

CPU: FX 8320 3.5GHz
Graphics card: ATi Raedeon HD 7770 1Gb DDR5
RAM:* 8GB 1866MHz
SSD? (Yes/No) No

it will run smoothly might need to play at med settingss or you might get lucky and play without lag at high

Desktop or laptop?-laptop

Monitor resolution:- 1366x768

CPU: - Intel Pentium Dual Core T4300 2.1 GHz (Intel Pentium Dual Core)

Graphics card:- NVIDIA GeForce G 105M

RAM: 4096 MB, DDR2-800

* SSD? No

Edited by ChubberLang

Ah i see not sure if this will link but ill try as you can have a look at where im buying it from and its at the max limit i can budget my rig http://www.computerplanet.co.uk/gaming/gx1000/builder.html link might not show my changes to the build

you may have noticed ive changed the graphic card to a geforce GT 640 the site says the PSU is supported but if u look and say otherwise i guess ill have to change it up abit

I swapped the CPU for FX 6300 and PSU for corsair 550W, Xigmatek loki CPU cooler, and motherboard for gigabyte with 970 chipset.

990 chipset is too expensive but would be, well nicer.

I meant to swap the HDD for WD Caviar blue but they don't have such option though I would stay away from seagate even if it meant getting the HDD elsewhere!

( WD caviar blue 7200RMP 32 Gb cache sata 2 or 3 is what you want, they come in 500Gb and 1 Tb )

Ram... cant you get 4Gb 1886Mhz from overclockers.uk? The 4Gb 1333Mhz will work fine but to get most out of the FX 6300 faster memory would be better.      http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-083-PA&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=1180

As for GFX - at minimum you should be looking at GTX 650 Ti as anything lower than that will literally be shitty experience.

Here is the edited link -

http://www.computerplanet.co.uk/gaming/gx1000/builder.html

Edited by Colonel-Wicked
  • Like 1