OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

Hey,

Desktop or laptop?  Desktop

Motherboard: ASUS® H81M-E: Micro-ATX, LG1150, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs

Monitor resolution: 1920 x 1080
CPU: Intel® Core™i3 Dual Core Processor i3-4130 (3.40GHz) 3MB Cache
Graphics card: 1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 650 - DVI, mHDMI, VGA - 3D Vision Ready

RAM:* 4GB KINGSTON DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 4GB)

Memory: 120GB INTEL® 530 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s

Will this run Dayz Mod + Standalone?

No answer yet... anyone??

I should be able to run it just fine. Was getting 20-25 fps average in the mod until I tweaked some settings (tweaked them up, no less) and got it running at 40-60. So I should be fine in SA, but I thought I'd ask just in case anyone with similar specs wants to give some more detailed info on how it runs.

Operating System

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Monitor Resolution:

1600x900 (odd I know)

CPU

AMD FX-6350 (6-core, 3.9GHz)

RAM

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)

Graphics

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

I do have a 120GB SSD but it's not for games unless that extra speed is really needed, it has more than enough space for DayZ but I'd still prefer to keep it on the Internal HDD.

Edited by Shodex

Desktop or laptop?: Laptop

Monitor resolution: 1366 x 768

CPU: Intel Dual Core i5-4200M (2.5GHz, turbo boost up to 3.1 GHz) - 3MB cache

Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 4600 

RAM: 8GB DDR3

SSD? (Yes/No) I'm guessing no?

Would love to play the game and don't care how low the graphics will be, but can I play it?

Thanks for any help!

@TheHamilbum Your CPU is weak, maybe you will run DayZ at Very Low setings with decent FPS, but I doubt it.

@Shodex You have a good rig, but don't expect 40-60 FPS in this game. You will run at max 35 FPS with tweaks done.

@stevenbcfg You don't have a proper video card? I don't know what to say because I don't know how Intel GPU's works. If you ask me, I think it will run on Very Low, but I don't guarantee it.

• Notebook Toshiba Satellite L655
  • Intel i5 M460 @ 2,53 Ghz
  • 4GB Ram
  • ATI Mobility Radeon HD5650
  • DirectX 11
  • Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit

Can I play it with Medium Quality ?

Thanks

• Notebook Toshiba Satellite L655
  • Intel i5 M460 @ 2,53 Ghz
  • 4GB Ram
  • ATI Mobility Radeon HD5650
  • DirectX 11
  • Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit

Can I play it with Medium Quality ?

Thanks

Not on medium, probably not very well on very low either. Not well at all.

Depends if you're happy with 5 FPS.

I think you should aim for Low graphics settings. Or buy a desktop.

@TheHamilbum Your CPU is weak, maybe you will run DayZ at Very Low setings with decent FPS, but I doubt it.

@Shodex You have a good rig, but don't expect 40-60 FPS in this game. You will run at max 35 FPS with tweaks done.

@stevenbcfg You don't have a proper video card? I don't know what to say because I don't know how Intel GPU's works. If you ask me, I think it will run on Very Low, but I don't guarantee it.

No proper graphics card but from what I can tell it seems decent. 

Just found this on a website about it: Thus, the HD 4600 not only matches some dedicated GPUs such as the GeForce GT 620M/630M, but also competes with the fastest integrated AMD GPUs like the Radeon HD 8650G.

Anybody else able to say with any confidence whether I'll be able to play (again, very low graphical settings is fine as long as it runs without noticeable lag).

Thanks.
Edited by stevenbcfc

Thank you for your replies..

I'm currently saving to buy a good desktop.

No proper graphics card but from what I can tell it seems decent. 

Just found this on a website about it: Thus, the HD 4600 not only matches some dedicated GPUs such as the GeForce GT 620M/630M, but also competes with the fastest integrated AMD GPUs like the Radeon HD 8650G.

Anybody else able to say with any confidence whether I'll be able to play (again, very low graphical settings is fine as long as it runs without noticeable lag).

Thanks.

What about these changes..

Change to 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 650 - DVI, mHDMI, VGA - 3D Vision Ready from 1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 650 - DVI, mHDMI, VGA - 3D Vision Ready

Change to Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4440 (3.1GHz) 6MB Cache from Intel® Core™i3 Dual Core Processor i3-4130 (3.40GHz) 3MB Cache

Edit: Quoted wrong person .. my bad

Edited by TheHamilbum

Sorry to double post but he is the most helpful guy to me on this thread..

Any idea re above post?

Appreciate your last reply.

What about these changes..

Change to 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 650 - DVI, mHDMI, VGA - 3D Vision Ready from 1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 650 - DVI, mHDMI, VGA - 3D Vision Ready

Change to Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4440 (3.1GHz) 6MB Cache from Intel® Core™i3 Dual Core Processor i3-4130 (3.40GHz) 3MB Cache

Edit: Quoted wrong person .. my bad

That should be playable on med - possibly some high settings.  Very similar to my rig!

What do you think the most important upgrade should be? I'm thinking the GPU, depending on my financial status I've been hoping to swap out for a 860 when they are released.

I doubt an extra gigabyte of VRAM will be much use if any at all. Unless you plan on using a dual monitor setup or upping your resolution. The culprit of the low performance is the 50 in your 650, it's simply not a gaming oriented card.

A quad core will be a hefty improvement over a dual core, but the quad core is still outdated.

Edited by Shodex

@TheHamilbum At the moment, DayZ Standalone is a very unstable game in terms of optimization. For example, a decent computer may run DayZ better than a high performance computer. With your settings, I guess you will be able to play it with a decent FPS. I'll give you another example, I have a good CPU, i7 4700HQ and I still have pretty big problems in term of FPS. I hope you undestand.

@Shodex In my opinion, your rig is great and at the moment you don't need to buy another part just to play an alpha game. Wait for the official release, or at least Beta to see if the optimization problem will be fixed.

Edited by Caligules

Thanks for the reply guys, I am probably going to run dual monitor so that's why the upgrade to the card.

If the graphics card is going to be a noticeable issue I can upgrade

01.  Laptop (Dell XPS L502x)
02.  1366x768
03.  Intel Core i5-2410M (2.3Ghz, Turbo Boost 2.9Ghz)
04.  Nvidia GeForce GT 525M
05.  8GB (DDR3, PC3-10700 667Mhz)
06.  No (SATA 7200RPM)

Fully expecting not to be able to play this, but due to upgrade my laptop this year and maybe go for a gaming desktop.

Thanks

Fully expecting a "hell no" to this but figured it was worth a shot. Computer is old and I am going to rebuild it in April or so this year, but I want to play now! Current specs:

Desktop/Laptop:  Desktop
Monitor Resolution:  1680x1050
CPU:  Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3ghz, 6MB cache)
Graphics Card: eVGA GTX260  (896 MB)
RAM: 4GB DDR2 (I know, I know, I run an old Asus P5B mobo). No clue on the timings though.
SSD: Yes - 128GB SSD
Edited by inphared

Can I run Day Z (hope so as I've already purchased it)  Doh!

js1ttd.jpg

Oh well seems like I can in fact play DayZ, frame isn't great but it's certainly not unplayable. 

Fully expecting a "hell no" to this but figured it was worth a shot. Computer is old and I am going to rebuild it in April or so this year, but I want to play now! Current specs:

Desktop/Laptop:  Desktop
Monitor Resolution:  1680x1050
CPU:  Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3ghz, 6MB cache)
Graphics Card: eVGA GTX260  (896 MB)
RAM: 4GB DDR2 (I know, I know, I run an old Asus P5B mobo). No clue on the timings though.
SSD: Yes - 128GB SSD

I don't have Standalone but I can tell you right now it ain't happening. I had a similar build a while back and it couldn't handle Arma 2.

So in short, hell no.

Desktop or laptop? Desktop

Monitor resolution: up to 1920x1680

CPU: Intel i5-2500

Graphics card: Intel HD 2000

RAM: 2x4 GB Samsung original (DDR3 pc3-10660 1333MHz)

SSD? (Yes/No) - No

It allows playing arma dayz at the lowest settings (3d res 50-65%). Rocket said that standalone runs better then ArmA-dayz. Could it happen or not?

• Like 1

~Dekstop

~Aspire M3910

~Intel® Core™ i5 CPU   

~650 @ 3.20 GHz

~8.00 GB ( Installed Memory RAM )

~ATI Radeon HD 5570

~Generic PnP Monitor

~DDR3 

Please respond to my post. I really need you guys to comment. 

Ребят помогите пожалуйста,вылетает игра без всяких ошибок пишет лишь прекращена работа dayz потом программа dayz не работает,игра лицензия переустанавливал винду не помогло,если кто сталкивался с такой проблемой подскажите что делать!! железо позволяющее играть на максималках 

@teeheelols and @Deer Dear The game will run on Very Low, probably pretty decent.

• Like 1

Hello!

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this, but well...

I am a mac user, but I want to play dayz so much! So I must find a windows system around here to run it...

I got 3, and I think none of them will be able to run it... Still, I wanted to ask anyone here because I don't know much about systems and things like that.

My system info is:

Processor: Pentium ® Dual-Core CPU    E5700 @ 3.00GHz  3.00GHz (will this run? :(  )

Memory: 4,00 GB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS

I wished it could run on mac :(