OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

Hi - first post :D

Laptop running W7 Home Premium SP1

Resolution: 1366x768

Processor: Intel Core i5-3210M @ 2.50GHz

RAM: 8GB (I believe DDR3)

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 (total available memory = 1760MB of which 128MB is dedicated graphics memory)

DirectX = DirectX 10

HDD: 282 GB free

Re. the GPU - my laptop is an Acer Aspire V3-571G, when I look into Device Manager it also tells me that there is an Nvidia GeForce GT 630M with 1GB VRAM but when I look at the Windows Experience Index it only talks about the Intel HD Graphics 4000.

Hope that's enough info - I could hook the laptop up to my PC monitor (PC not as powerful), which is 1920x1080.

I get the impression looking at the above that it's the GPU that'll let me down...

Hi - first post :D

Laptop running W7 Home Premium SP1

Resolution: 1366x768

Processor: Intel Core i5-3210M @ 2.50GHz

RAM: 8GB (I believe DDR3)

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 (total available memory = 1760MB of which 128MB is dedicated graphics memory)

DirectX = DirectX 10

HDD: 282 GB free

Re. the GPU - my laptop is an Acer Aspire V3-571G, when I look into Device Manager it also tells me that there is an Nvidia GeForce GT 630M with 1GB VRAM but when I look at the Windows Experience Index it only talks about the Intel HD Graphics 4000.

Hope that's enough info - I could hook the laptop up to my PC monitor (PC not as powerful), which is 1920x1080.

I get the impression looking at the above that it's the GPU that'll let me down...

Mate this setup is similar to  my current setup, lol the geforce card i got is a 610m, its dogshit on dayz standalone. i get about 15 fps a sec with that.

when i switch to my Intel hd 4000 i get 25-35 fps NO SHIT!!! Bear in mind all settings are on low or disabled with shadows disabled,clouds disabled etc. but i can still play the game!! the graphics dont look that terrible, its playable mate if you add me on steam you can see some screenshots! hope this helps!

intel i5

8gb ram

direct x 11

geforce 610m/ intel hd4000

Edited by g-dubmx

Hey,

My laptop: Asus N550JV

Intel i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz 

8GB DDR3 1600MHz 

1000GB 5400RPM  HDD

Intel HD 4600 + nVIDIA GeForce GT750M 4GB DDR3 VRAM

Win 8.1 64b

Dell 24" with 1920*1200 connected through HDMI (single and multi display mode gives same results)

Ive been tryn all kinds of settings + .cfg changes and i still cant get it to run even close to decent.

Drivers are up to date.

Major screen tearing and fps lagg. Even killing a zombie in first person is like a huge win :/

Wondering if any1 has the same rig to compare or wth is going on. 

Edited by c0l3ra

Sadly it must be clientside as i cant see the changes it still loads mine which is a shame also ive changed the graphic card to a HD 7850 its the best i can get within my budget of £600 but the graphic card is msi im not sure what that is also would the change in harddrive make a big diffence as i will have to get the ram and harddrive at a later date

The change to the cpu is the 6300 much different to the FX8320 as i keep hearing this game is a hog i was wondering if these settings would be enough to play at max if not ill just have to play at med

The thing is that generally the 6300 overclocks better while its also cheaper. Only 30 quid cheaper but the performance increase with 8230 is not really worth the 30 as its rather negligible. However, if you can afford it than go for the 8320 one.

Combined with the HD 7850 it will be nice rig but I can't tell you if max is doable in dayz, maybe high with some mix in between.

Still though, I feel you could have superior build with intel if you were to ( or a friend ) build one

• Like 1

Mate this setup is similar to  my current setup, lol the geforce card i got is a 610m, its dogshit on dayz standalone. i get about 15 fps a sec with that.

when i switch to my Intel hd 4000 i get 25-35 fps NO SHIT!!! Bear in mind all settings are on low or disabled with shadows disabled,clouds disabled etc. but i can still play the game!! the graphics dont look that terrible, its playable mate if you add me on steam you can see some screenshots! hope this helps!

intel i5

8gb ram

direct x 11

geforce 610m/ intel hd4000

Cool thanks for letting me know - I've bought it now so will check it out soon :D

Hey,

My laptop: Asus N550JV

Intel i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz 

8GB DDR3 1600MHz 

1000GB 5400RPM  HDD

Intel HD 4600 + nVIDIA GeForce GT750M 4GB DDR3 VRAM

Win 8.1 64b

Dell 24" with 1920*1200 connected through HDMI (single and multi display mode gives same results)

Ive been tryn all kinds of settings + .cfg changes and i still cant get it to run even close to decent.

Drivers are up to date.

Major screen tearing and fps lagg. Even killing a zombie in first person is like a huge win :/

Wondering if any1 has the same rig to compare or wth is going on. 

You've got to lower the resolution - 1920*1200 is a serious resolution even for a desktop. Start at 1280x720 and see.

Also right click on your C: drive and go to properties, then tools and optimize. Click clean system files and tick everything and delete. After that defragment your HDD twice.

You can right click start and RUN feature, then type msconfig 

disable as many non microsoft programs as possible like skype, msn and so on. If unsure, take a screenshot and post it here.

Everyone owning a laptop can try it

Edited by Colonel-Wicked

Laptop
Monitor resolution: 1366 x 768
CPU: Intel® Core i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz
Graphics card: Video Card Intel® HD Graphics 3000 (Intel® HD Graphics Family)
-Dedicated Memory 64 MB
-Total Memory 1.7 GB
RAM: 4 GB
SSD? No

Please let me know.  Ive been eyeing this game for a while now and I really hope I can play.  I have a feeling I cannot though.  Any help would be appreciated though :]

Desktop

Monitor resolution:1680x1050

CPU: intel i7-3770 3.40 ghz

Graphics card: Nvidea Gforce 240

RAM: 8GB

SSD? (Yes/No) no

I probably already know the answer but here goes anyway. Can this setup run Dayz? I have no need for ultra high settings, just want to play relatively decent

Desktop or laptop: Desktop
Monitor resolution: 1920x1080
CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q8200 (2.33 GHz)
Graphics card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 1GB
RAM: 4GB DDR2
SSD: No

The thing is that generally the 6300 overclocks better while its also cheaper. Only 30 quid cheaper but the performance increase with 8230 is not really worth the 30 as its rather negligible. However, if you can afford it than go for the 8320 one.

Combined with the HD 7850 it will be nice rig but I can't tell you if max is doable in dayz, maybe high with some mix in between.

Still though, I feel you could have superior build with intel if you were to ( or a friend ) build one

ahh well £606 is my budget i was looking at building it myself but it worked out to be more than what the site i linked to you would charge me also they do all the leg work and bring it to me without me moving from dayz

ill get the 6300 as i can get 8gb of ram the one you linked if you can find an intel build which would be the same budget as the amd build then ill switch but i cant find int being cheap

Hi guys, I want to buy DayZ standalone but before, I want to know if my config will make it work : 

Laptop, MacBook Pro Retina 2013

Monitor resolution: From 1440*900 to 2560*1600 (a screenshot size is 3320*2100, don't know why)

CPU: Intel Core i5 2.6GHz Turbo Boost 3.1GHz

Graphics card: Intel Iris 5100 1024Mb

RAM: 8Gb

SSD? Yes PCI-E SSD 256Gb

Thanks !

Edited by MaksOuw

Desktop or laptop? Desktop

Monitor resolution: 2x  1600x900

CPU: i5 3470 @ 3.20Ghz

Graphics card: GTX 650Ti Direct CU II OC Edition

RAM:* 16GB G.Skill RipjawZ RAM @ 1600Mhz

SSD? (Yes/No) 128GB Sandisk SSD

Anyone know what FPS I would get and if I can run in very high?

http://tinypic.com/r/2w700fk/5

Desktop or laptop? Laptop
Monitor resolution: 720p
CPU: i7 @ 1.6Ghz
Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6570M/5700 Series
RAM:* 8gb of idk, something cheap used to upgrade
SSD? (Yes/No) yes, another upgrade

Thats a mobile gpu on a laptop.  Kind of an old computer.  Upgraded the ram but that is cheap

so i7 lapop with 5730 mobility gpu and 8gb of ram.  Runs the game OK on low settings.  Been able to find gear and defend myself at times.

muahaha you tub video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFf2UYhbSB8&feature=youtu.be

runs at 35 fps when not recording.  I tried the FPS enhancements from the site.  Worked like magic looking at the ocean (locked in at 60) but otherwise seemed to be the same.  Maybe smoother

Edited by Brimstone99

would this work and how fast do you think it would run

http://www.computerlx.com/config.aspx?t=&product_ID=1620

- AMD ATHLON II X2 250 DUAL CORE

- BIOSTAR HDMI Motherboard 
- 4GB DDR-3 PC3-10600 
- 500GB SATA3 7200RPM HDD 
- DUAL-LAYER DVD-RW
- ATI 1GB 1080p GRAPHICS
- 6-CHANNEL DIGITAL SOUND 
- 10/100/1000 ETHERNET 

Edited by NicGillam

Desktop or laptop?

Monitor resolution: 1080p

CPU: Intel 2500k 4.2GHz

Graphics card: EVGA 2GB GTX 770 SC

RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance PC3-14900 (1866)

SSD? Yes

Hope this helps, at the moment performance is on par/slightly better than Arma2 Dayz. (30-40 fps in towns/cities, 60+ in the wild)

I'm sure that will change in due course.

:beans:

Edited by Crazymaniac

would this work and how fast do you think it would run

http://www.computerlx.com/config.aspx?t=&product_ID=1620

- AMD ATHLON II X2 250 DUAL CORE

- BIOSTAR HDMI Motherboard 

- 4GB DDR-3 PC3-10600 

- 500GB SATA3 7200RPM HDD 

- DUAL-LAYER DVD-RW

- ATI 1GB 1080p GRAPHICS

- 6-CHANNEL DIGITAL SOUND 

- 10/100/1000 ETHERNET 

Thank you for your interest in Dayz standalone

Looking at the specs giving and looking and the minmal specs id say you would beable to play the game at lowest settings im currently on a simpler build and i can run at lowest settings

The game is a CPU hog so if you planned in future to change anything a better cpu and graphic card would make it run all the smoother

Desktop or laptop? Desktop
Monitor resolution: 2x  1600x900
CPU: i5 3470 @ 3.20Ghz
Graphics card: GTX 650Ti Direct CU II OC Edition
RAM:* 16GB G.Skill RipjawZ RAM @ 1600Mhz
SSD? (Yes/No) 128GB Sandisk SSD

Anyone know what FPS I would get and if I can run in very high?

Yes it will run nice a smooth

Hi guys, I want to buy DayZ standalone but before, I want to know if my config will make it work : 

Laptop, MacBook Pro Retina 2013

Monitor resolution: From 1440*900 to 2560*1600 (a screenshot size is 3320*2100, don't know why)

CPU: Intel Core i5 2.6GHz Turbo Boost 3.1GHz

Graphics card: Intel Iris 5100 1024Mb

RAM: 8Gb

SSD? Yes PCI-E SSD 256Gb

Thanks !

Hi welcome to Dayz

Looking at your specs id say it would work but you might have some issues with the onbroad graphic card but lowest settings should be fine to play with the game is a cpu hog and you have a nice one so it should do fine :)

ATI Radeon Saphire 6870 

AMD Fx 6100 (6 core proc 3.30 Ghz)

8 Gig Ram DDR3 

Game works like a charm on small towns and forest's! but as soon as i get in big city's it goes mad ( MID to HIGH ) 

Guess problem is that they need to optimize the game a bit more

ATI Radeon Saphire 6870 

AMD Fx 6100 (6 core proc 3.30 Ghz)

8 Gig Ram DDR3 

Game works like a charm on small towns and forest's! but as soon as i get in big city's it goes mad ( MID to HIGH ) 

Guess problem is that they need to optimize the game a bit more

The fact that you get lower FPS in cities than out in an open field is perfectly logical and will not change regardless of optimisation. Hopefully client side performance in general will increase later in development when more work on optimisation is done though.

Hi guys, new member here. I'm just about to purchase a new pc and would like to know if i could run dayz on max settings with good fps with this spec.

Specs are as follows

​Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Motherboard : Asus M5A78L-M USB3

CPU : AMD FX 8350 Eight Core CPU (turbo 4.2Ghz)

Memory : 16gb DDR3 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance Memory

Graphics Card : Nvidia GTX 660  2gb (Tripple screen support via DVI / HDMI / DISPLAY PORT)

Edited by Steven8421

Hi guys, getting sick of mainstream, scripted games and want to try something fresh. Would you kindly give me some info if my rig can run DayZ SA:

Desktop
Monitor resolution: 1920x1080
CPU: Intel i5 2500 @3,3 GHz (SandyBridge)
Graphics card: AMD Radeon Sapphire HD6950 1GB DDR5
RAM: Geil DDR3 - 4 GB 1333MHz
SSD? (Yes/No) No

I really don't care about high graphics quality ('cause I kno that you need monster rig to get nice graphics and good framerate), more interested if I can run game with some acceptable draw distance etc.

Sorry for the spam of posts, but I am trying to find a good build for the budget.

Intel® Core™ i5-4570 Processor (4x 3.20GHz/6MB L3 Cache)

8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module

600 Watt - Standard

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 - 2GB - Single Card

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

How much FPS do you think I could get with this?  Thanks, I really appreciate all of the help!

Edited by Cosmic Noodles