Sign in to follow this  
T3hCr0w

First player to play experience in SA?

Please share the story of the first player you've met in Standalone.

I was up at NWAF at the northern military camp, when I heard footsteps.

I saw this fella, looks like he's doing well for himself, honestly. (Mosin, red medium backpack, you know)

I reaaaally wanted to test the handcuffs out, so I attempted to hold him up, told him to press F2 and crouch, that I didn't want to kill him.

He responds in this broken English; "Oh no, no no, please do not uh, kill me, I will leave, okay? Please do not kill me"

I decided yeah, not a problem, quickly running through nermous tents to break the line of sight in case he wanted to shoot me in the back, you know how it is.

As I'm leaving the camp I look behind me and notice the fella following me, I begin to get nervous.

So by now I'm in some trees NE from the camp, and I hide in a tree and watch him-- Clearly I didn't do it very well because he ran straight up to me and shot at me.

Through a scramble of a 10 or so second firefight, I managed to win.

So, my first guy begged for life then tried to take mine, think I should be so careless in the future?

Share your thoughts and stories, guys!

• Like 2

Spawned in just outside Electro,
Added battery to flashlight,
Took out flashlight and turned it on
Guy walked up to me and started punching me

Couldnt figure out how to get fists out

Got knocked out for 5 minutes
Woke back up naked with no flashlight

It was hilarious though. lol. I was on skype with two friends screaming as I couldnt figure out how to get my hands back out, and waking up with my stuff gone was funny. lol. My second life I decided to test out the punching by knocking someone unconsious and robbing them aswell. Had to be done. XD

Edited by VeNoM56k
  • Like 2

"Woke back up naked with no flashlight"

Holy shit, sounds like someone had a good time with you.  Ahahaha. - You have my beans, Venom!

Hmm, my first character I met up with a friend, and while we were exploring I met another player that I didn't know.  We both declared ourselves friendly, and I hit F1 to do a little wave.  He asked how to do that, so I showed him how to wave, and sit down to rest.  While I was resting he naturally ran up to me and beat me unconscious, haha.  Fortunately he didn't know my friend was nearby so he was quickly dispatched, and we carried on our way until we died from starvation/thirst (soda is hard to find!).

I've already met more friendly players in the standalone than in the mod though, which is great.

• Like 1

Aha, beating a man while he sits, how classy.

Only guy I met so far was that guy.

I DID, however, randomly ran past someone and we both just stared at each other, lol.

Beans for you, too, Euryalus.

• Like 1

I have yet to play any Day Z installment before downloading the SA this morning. However i HAVE played some War Z. So i was a bit curious.

- Spawn in. Beautiful sea and shore.

"Oooh, i can see my own feet. Kewl. Now, where's my inventory? Can i see behind me? God im so lost..."

- Guy comes running at me from a hangar. He looks like my clone. And quite mad. Bumps into me. Stands eyeballing me and tries to bump me some more.

- Guy brings up clenched fists. Looks up at me and advances.

- I panic. Mash my keyboard and manage to bring my own set of fists up.

"Come at be bro!"

Wild flailing ensues. Up becomes down and left becomes behind me. Confusion.

- I manage to win, in a way.

- Guy stands there. Head down. Blood pumping like a little garden fountain from his head.

- Steal all his stuff. I now have TWO flashlight batteries! I'm almost RICH!

- Hit him one more time in the head where he stands and turn to be on my way.

Two houses away i bleed out and end up unconscious.

Just entered elektro when I spotted a couple of players who where clearly together, both with hatchets, I had a shovel. We talked and they acted friendly but I could sense they had evil intentions. Tried to politely shake them off on the way though town but to no avail. We ended up at the school and I decided enough was enough, I would give them there opertunity to get me and see if they would take it. So I made sure one of them were right behind me and I headed up the ladder to the roof, and sure enough, hatchet in the back. I knew I could escape if I really wanted to but the hit got me pretty good so I took a few swings at him with my spade as he climbed up behind me then when he got to the top he have me one more good thud with the hatchet and I was done.

Guy ran up and punched me. I asked how to put up fists. He told me. We had a boxing match. He got knocked da F$ out.

• Like 1

first player to player experience was spawning in elektro found a hatchet, ran into a guy wearing a payday mask and immediately hacked him to death for wearing it.

Other than that ive had a guy accidentally shoot me as a i went kneeling and put my hands over my head, ran into three guys in kamenka we grouped up for a bit hung out cleared stary  and some other places before going our separate ways, all in all the fact that onlydirect communication works seems to be encouraging people to work together more that and the fact that the game isnt filled with military weapons so you can actually walk around cherno/elektro without someone "pvping" and shooting you from across the city 

Was minding my business up near the dam north of Elektro when I head footsteps outside the house I was looting. Went out to investigate. There was a guy with an axe.

"H-hi there - "

He killed me.

typical KoSer...

came across a guy as i was running out of a building i had looted, he ran in.. of course i left him alone cuz i dont pvp..

15 secs later the guys running up behind me with a shovel..i took a few wacks (thats when i learned in SA u can attack n run)..

so i weaved a bunch and drageed him throu some Zombies, and left him to fend them off..

18months of rabiting has left my with razor honed evasion.. :P

• Like 1

it was pitch black night as I was on the upper level of some random factory building outside of Komarovo when my first encounter with a fellow survivor took place: i spot lighted him with my flashlight and watched him running through the entrance, screaming a long and hysterically "FRIEEEEENDLYYYYY" way through until he exited on the other side. I went out, saw him engaged with a zombie with only his bare hands to fend the infected off. I put my flashlight away and joined the brawl. together we managed to punch the fucker into the ground. We were both bleeding badly, but survived.

For the scene of my next encounter I was looting a dead body in the middle of the road near Elektro, when "suddenly" a guy came along. He stopped and raised his fists ready to engage in a fight. I took my fire extinguisher out, taunted him to fight me and succesfully scared him away from the dead body I found, which held some badly needed, precious drinking water.

Already some memorable encounters after only playing for maybe an hour. Love it.

• Like 1

My first experience of SA;

Spawned near Balota, made my way to the camp just south of the airstrip and proceeded to check every single tent (There's lots of them now!). Found all sorts, came out with plenty of gear and a selection of optics for my M4 and 3 mags ! ! Was well chuffed. Stalked across the East end of the airstrip and was gonna head North and away from dodge when I heard shots to my left. I stopped to take cover and saw two players running further down the strip towards the hangars. Left them to it but as I turned to carry on North I spotted someone else also kitted with a military outfit and M4. I waited, he approached, I took cover behind a tree. He kept on running at me, in the end I lost my nerve and fired towards him. He returned fire and hit me but then stopped. I backed off a ways and circled around. 

After a tense wait I thought he must be dead or has legged it. Went cautiously over towards the scramble but as I did two other players approached from the opposite side of the airstrip - where I'd just come from ! These again I left to it - and the possible corpse of the guy I'd just been in a fight with. I circled the airstrip again, and then came across the body of a player, completely looted. Thought to myself those two I just saw did this. I went back out and what do you know? They're there across from me - looting another corpse (possibly the corpse of the guy I fought with before). I lined up and shot one down where he knelt beside the corpse he was looting. His buddy was in a bush nearby. Firefight ensued and I must have took a hit because my gear was ruined afterwards but I took that guy down too. 

Now I had 3 corpses to go loot and replace (hopefully) the broken kit I now had. THEN whilst looting; 3 other guys, who seemed to all be strangers to each other, ran from different directions towards me. Maybe they thought I was a corpse as well because I was prone and still. They all decided the middle of the airstrip was a great place for a melee - to my amusement. After one of them pulled a gun and got the others down I scoped in on him and took him out as well. So many corpses now ! I filled my boots. And my pockets and my jacket and my backpack. Lol. Happy DayZ. Saw another player as I finally made my way north out of there and told him where to find the corpses that still had a lot of gear on them.. 

Made my way North feeling good and hopeful that I might survive long enough to fix my wounds !

Installed.

No idea where I spawned.  Saw that I had a flashlight.  Tried to use it, its not working.  Oh wait you put a battery in it.  It works.  Shit now its not pointing straight!  WTF!  QUit.  Jumped online to the bug tracker,  searched.  Oh, press the space bar. 

Spawned back in.  Noticed a fight between a dude and some zombies.  He died.  I looted his pack and got a gun and a whole bunch of other shit.  SWEET!  Thirsty,  Tired,  You going to faint messages.  Unconscious.   Shit.

Respawned.  Started the whole process of this game.  Still haven't played during the day.  Love the night.  Hopefully they will do something about the gamma/brightness settings.

Either way,  digging it so far.

• Like 1