carlj

Possible FPS Enhancer

im kind of computer illiterate

So someone please write out for me what I have to put in the launch parameters

System specs are: 

windows 7 64bit, intel core 2 quad Q8200 2.33, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770 PE

thanks so much

Tried doing it, my game now crashes everyone 40-50 minutes, BUT my FPS DID improve hahahah, worth it for me ;)

Does Anyone know the default value for the following?

sceneComplexity=400000

shadowZDistance=90

viewDistance=1600

preferredObjectViewDistance=1600

Thanks!!

Highest I had was 28 FPS indoors, and an average of 15 in the streets of Guba.

Launch parameters - -malloc=system -cpuCount=6 -exThreads=7 -maxMem=8192 -maxVRAM=2047

Does Anyone know the default value for the following?

sceneComplexity=400000

shadowZDistance=90

viewDistance=1600

preferredObjectViewDistance=1600

Thanks!!

If you rename the file (save it just in case) the file should be recreated with defaults i think.

im kind of computer illiterate

So someone please write out for me what I have to put in the launch parameters

System specs are: 

windows 7 64bit, intel core 2 quad Q8200 2.33, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770 PE

thanks so much

Someone help me please.

Thank you, it worked. My game runs now on 40-50 FPS with everything on High.

This here applies to my computer. Would this kind of thing also work in Arma 3 if i put that line into my start up options?

Example for quadcore CPU with Hyperthreading(i7) with 2GB Graphics card
-nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=2047 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7

Has anybody configured all of the settings inside the Nvidia Control Panel?

I have a GTX 550 TI currently and am struggling for good frames at the moment.  Maybe there is something in the Nvidia control panel I can change or configure to boost a little bit more fps out of my rig.

I play with the 450 and I'm not having fps issues D:? Make sure to check out the .cfg and boost the Nvidia settings on its panel to get more fps.

sceneComplexity=100000; Anything under 500000 will have trouble rendering windows and doorways to see players unless up close.

shadowZDistance=90; Might as well disable shadows completely if fighting for FPS.

viewDistance=1600; I set mine to 1000 or 1200 since there are no vehicles you have no need to see a player past 1km.

preferredObjectViewDistance=1600; Same as above. 1km is more than far enough to see at the moment and will give you the most FPS gain.

I had to register to reply to this post, thank you so much man, I was struggling to stay above 20 fps in cities but now I average 30 and outside of cities I have a drastic improvment going anywhere from 40 to 70 fps, I never thought this old rig would be able to do that so thank you! My shit specs are below.

Q6600 2.4ghz

GTX 550 Ti 1GB

3GB DDR2 RAM 667MHz (lol)

Hmm. My machine has similar specs and runs like utter dogshit in anything larger than a small town. Seriously, on times I'm lucky to actually have a frame rate. It makes any form of combat entirely pointless. It regularly locks up for several seconds too which, as you can imagine, is as helpful as a handbrake on a canoe. I've not even bothered visiting Cherno or Elektro because I think the computer would just melt.

I've tried some of the launch settings but they didn't seem to help much so any suggestions for increasing performance would be appreciated. Seriously, I'd be happy with a boost to 20fps in towns it's that bad.  :(

PC specs

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ @ 2.3Ghz

4GB DDR2 800Mhz

Gainward nVidia 8600GT 1GB

Vista 32-bit

I'm aware it being 32-bit means the system RAM is effectively 3GB.

• Like 1

Hmm. My machine has similar specs and runs like utter dogshit in anything larger than a small town. Seriously, on times I'm lucky to actually have a frame rate. It makes any form of combat entirely pointless. It regularly locks up for several seconds too which, as you can imagine, is as helpful as a handbrake on a canoe. I've not even bothered visiting Cherno or Elektro because I think the computer would just melt.

I've tried some of the launch settings but they didn't seem to help much so any suggestions for increasing performance would be appreciated. Seriously, I'd be happy with a boost to 20fps in towns it's that bad.  :(

PC specs

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ @ 2.3Ghz

4GB DDR2 800Mhz

Gainward nVidia 8600GT 1GB

Vista 32-bit

I'm aware it being 32-bit means the system RAM is effectively 3GB.

You have an old system, that is the sad truth. Theres nothing you can do to run the game smoother with tweaks.

Now I am sad.

If youre planing on buying a new computer, send me a PM with budget and ill give you some options :)

Btw, its not an old Acer you have? I had an old PC with the same specs.

Nah, it was bought in Tesco many years ago. It's some HP something or other. The graphics card was an upgrade I bought not too long after first getting the PC and the RAM was recently donated to me by a friend (previously 2GB @ 600Mhz or so). I had planned to format the HDD and put Win7 on it, not sure if that would help with the performance or not.

As for buying a new rig, I have my beady fish eyes on this but have many many other expenses to take care of before I can splash out on toys.

do you mean setting it to the windows 7 allocator, which seems to be the fastest of all of them?

in that case, it would be simply -malloc=system right?

guess i'll have to try that one out

Sorry for the late response, I used to use tb4_malloc on ArmA 2, I can try out System though and see what FPS that gives me.

I'm a bit confused because I'm not entirely sure how these settings, and their tweaked changes, are actually being executed by the game.

Okay so let's begin, my current test tweak settings (in question) are as followed (key noted tweaks):

sceneComplexity=100000

viewDistance=1600

preferredObjectViewDistance=1000

With those changes I've seen the best overall frame rate. 10-20 FPS extra. Averaging around 30-50 frames out in the wilderness.

Specifically referring to what I've noticed, preferredObjVD=1000, will not render very distant trees, probably trees between 1300-1500m. But what is confusing me is that bushes appear to not render within a range of like 500m. If I zoom in, the bushes render. What I am curious about is how the game would handle a player being hidden behind one of those bushes. When I set the preferredObjectVD to 1600, bushes and trees all render, but the average frame goes down to 20-30 average. My overall lack of Arma2 optimization knowledge has be a bit confused by what I'm seeing.

Does Preferred Object View Distance affect player rendering? I don't really mind per-se the bushes not rendering in, especially with the big FPS boost I am experiencing, but I'm much more concerned with this affecting how the game would render a player being behind one of the bushes.

For instance I was using a distant hill to measure how the trees render at Preferred ObjVD set to 1600 vs 1000. Set at 1000 they disappear, which is totally fine with me, that's well beyond the distance I'd expect to be engaged by another player (I'm probably about 1400-1500m away from that hill). However the strange behavior of bushes at around 500m not rendering until I zoom in, has me befuddled.

I'm a bit confused because I'm not entirely sure how these settings, and their tweaked changes, are actually being executed by the game.

Okay so let's begin, my current test tweak settings (in question) are as followed (key noted tweaks):

sceneComplexity=100000

viewDistance=1600

preferredObjectViewDistance=1000

With those changes I've seen the best overall frame rate. 10-20 FPS extra. Averaging around 30-50 frames out in the wilderness.

Specifically referring to what I've noticed, preferredObjVD=1000, will not render very distant trees, probably trees between 1300-1500m. But what is confusing me is that bushes appear to not render within a range of like 500m. If I zoom in, the bushes render. What I am curious about is how the game would handle a player being hidden behind one of those bushes. When I set the preferredObjectVD to 1600, bushes and trees all render, but the average frame goes down to 20-30 average. My overall lack of Arma2 optimization knowledge has be a bit confused by what I'm seeing.

Does Preferred Object View Distance affect player rendering? I don't really mind per-se the bushes not rendering in, especially with the big FPS boost I am experiencing, but I'm much more concerned with this affecting how the game would render a player being behind one of the bushes.

For instance I was using a distant hill to measure how the trees render at Preferred ObjVD set to 1600 vs 1000. Set at 1000 they disappear, which is totally fine with me, that's well beyond the distance I'd expect to be engaged by another player (I'm probably about 1400-1500m away from that hill). However the strange behavior of bushes at around 500m not rendering until I zoom in, has me befuddled.

I've noticed that with my settings of

sceneComplexity=100000;shadowZDistance=90;viewDistance=1800;preferredObjectViewDistance=1800;

Loot does not render if I'm at the front of a hanger and loot is at the back, however players render just fine.

Nah, it was bought in Tesco many years ago. It's some HP something or other. The graphics card was an upgrade I bought not too long after first getting the PC and the RAM was recently donated to me by a friend (previously 2GB @ 600Mhz or so). I had planned to format the HDD and put Win7 on it, not sure if that would help with the performance or not.

As for buying a new rig, I have my beady fish eyes on this but have many many other expenses to take care of before I can splash out on toys.

Its in swedish, but if you use google translate:) but if you ever decide to buy a computer id recomend this: http://www.prisjakt.nu/list.php?l=2348114 = 630GBP. And im sure if you order from scan.co.uk or anything similar, they have the option for then to build it. 

That will run circles around that computer ANY day. It doesnt have a screen, fair enough, but that computer that youve linked is not worth the money, 

Edit; Honestly, do you want throw money away, give it to me instead :D

Edited by carlj

Really? Because the numbers I'm seeing suggest that it's lower spec'd than the one I linked...

EDIT: Additionally, this caught my eye. I could probably just bash that into the case I have currently.

Edited by Monkfish

DP

I reduced my graphics/details settings down to Low (a.k.a. "Shit") and it's running a hell of a lot better now. I can forgo some pretties if it means I have a fairly consistent framerate.

Really? Because the numbers I'm seeing suggest that it's lower spec'd than the one I linked...

EDIT: Additionally, this caught my eye. I could probably just bash that into the case I have currently.

Then you need to do some reading :)

i5 4670k vs A10 6800k: http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/527/AMD_A10-Series_A10-6800K_vs_Intel_Core_i5_i5-4670K.html

(Dont focus on the price/performance here, remember that its in a bundle that is just about 100GBP more than the one you linked)

GTX 760 vs 8670D: http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=1880&gid2=882&compare=radeon-hd-8670d-6670-dual-vs-geforce-gtx-760

The HD8670D seems to be a integrated GPU.

Not to mention high quality RAM, PSU, HDD and a decent motherboard.

Edited by carlj

For me, "-winxp" boost 20-30 FPS, but the Game crashes everytime I hit Alt+Tab. In my opinion, it's worth it.

Thank you sir!

got my shitty laptop from 15 fps to 30, nice and smooth !! <3