carlj

Possible FPS Enhancer

Thank you for the (i3) (i5) (i7) being included; that's missed in a lot of these tweak guides.

I want to answer "It's ArmA, guy!". But there was not in ArmA. Misticism. I think shamans from Bohemia must answer community! > :(

Haha, exactly. Thats what confused me about it. 

For some reason the files aren't there but the folders they belong to are. Does anyone know why?

Have you launched the game and gone on a server? Read somewhere that that could cause it. And that is the default path, maybe you have changed it?

You can also change/add some lines in C:\Users\USER\Documents\DayZ Other Profiles\ it might help too

mouseSmoothing=0;

sceneComplexity=150000;
shadowZDistance=100;
viewDistance=1600;
preferredObjectViewDistance=1600;
terrainGrid=10;

I will try it once I get home from work. Could you explain how it helped you?

Tried the steam launch settings, made everything black.  

That could be because of the -nosplash(dont take my word for it). Best would be if you tried the one by one to see what causes it. 

Have not tried these launch options yet (still downloading the SA).. going to give it a go without the launch options and see how it plays, and with and see if the difference is there.  

Thanks for posting the info.   :)

Please get back with the result :)

Thank you for the (i3) (i5) (i7) being included; that's missed in a lot of these tweak guides.

It caused me a lot of headache when I was trying to figure it out :)

• Like 1

I just kept the RAM and Processor launch parameters, I don't think the game supports the 4gb of VRAM my card has, I'll need to take a look -- did see a small increase in frames though, thanks!

Has anybody configured all of the settings inside the Nvidia Control Panel?

I have a GTX 550 TI currently and am struggling for good frames at the moment.  Maybe there is something in the Nvidia control panel I can change or configure to boost a little bit more fps out of my rig.

• Like 1

This does not work for me :(

Not sure if DayZ servers are spakking out or its me.

When I have "nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=1023 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=4"

Set as my launch options, the game loads, but on the screen where you can see your guy, I just get a blue/white background.

If I remove "nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty " I get the normal screen, with my bloke standing in Cherno.

Am i doing something wrong or is it something else.

I have:

sandybridge i5 2500k

16gbram

XFX 2gbHD7800

This does not work for me :(

Not sure if DayZ servers are spakking out or its me.

When I have "nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=1023 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=4"

Set as my launch options, the game loads, but on the screen where you can see your guy, I just get a blue/white background.

If I remove "nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty " I get the normal screen, with my bloke standing in Cherno.

Am i doing something wrong or is it something else.

I have:

sandybridge i5 2500k

16gbram

XFX 2gbHD7800

-world=empty causes that, Did you go on to a server? Try the same launch parameters without the -world=empty(if you want to have your character there), As I understand it makes the game load up faster when you start it, since theres no "background world" to load in.

Try it again, with -world=empty and go on a server and make sure that dash(-) isnt missing infront of your -nosplash. And change -maxVRAM to -maxVRAM=2047 as you have a 2 GB GPU.

EDIT: Updated the front page with more detailed about what -nosplash -skipintro -world=empty do, and added different GPU examples to the examples(1gb, 2gb) as we dont know how much SA support yet. 

Edited by carlj
  • Like 1

Going to give this a go!

i7 2600k - GTX560 - 16GB Corsair Vengenace

40-50 in the wilderness, 25-35 in towns.

Will update when I have tried it.

EDIT: Very slight increase, around 5fps but I'm happy with that. Thanks!

Edited by Flam3

-world=empty causes that, Did you go on to a server? Try the same launch parameters without the -world=empty(if you want to have your character there), As I understand it makes the game load up faster when you start it, since theres no "background world" to load in.

Try it again, with -world=empty and go on a server and make sure that dash(-) isnt missing infront of your -nosplash. And change -maxVRAM to -maxVRAM=2047 as you have a 2 GB GPU.

EDIT: Updated the front page with more detailed about what -nosplash -skipintro -world=empty do, and added different GPU examples to the examples(1gb, 2gb) as we dont know how much SA support yet. 

WOW!, it all works good.

I spawned at Cherno docks, servers were lagging like feck, but once I was in I was getting 55-80*fps! averaging(ish) about 65, that is actually awesome, I was getting 25-40s in Cherno.

I have turned some of the in-game settings down. But on that quick try (its a bit late for me now) I noticed a big difference.

So the  "-world=empty" is just that load up screen when you view you character? You are right the game loads up much faster now I don't need to wait for the man to load up :)

But saying that I do like to see my character standing there, can I implement these new setting but still load up the "world" bit?

Oh Thank you again, I will be blunt, that is fucking! awesome :)

* The 80 was there man, I f-fucking swear it, I saw 80!! :D

WOW!, it all works good.

I spawned at Cherno docks, servers were lagging like feck, but once I was in I was getting 55-80*fps! averaging(ish) about 65, that is actually awesome, I was getting 25-40s in Cherno.

I have turned some of the in-game settings down. But on that quick try (its a bit late for me now) I noticed a big difference.

So the  "-world=empty" is just that load up screen when you view you character? You are right the game loads up much faster now I don't need to wait for the man to load up :)

But saying that I do like to see my character standing there, can I implement these new setting but still load up the "world" bit?

Oh Thank you again, I will be blunt, that is fucking! awesome :)

* The 80 was there man, I f-fucking swear it, I saw 80!! :D

Happy it helped!

Of course, you can combine these as you want. If you just want -nointro, thats fine. So if you want to see your guy in the menus, simply remove -world=empty

In Arma 2, you could for example write -world=chernorus to preload Chernorus in the game, but I dont know if that will work in SA.

Edited by carlj

call me stupid but how do you see your fps ingame? do u need to use a third party app?

Yes, Fraps or MSI Afterburner(the ones I use). Fraps seems to affect your FPS more

Can someone write out for me what I have to put in the launch parameters please, because im kind of computer illiterate, sorry  :blush:

System specs are: 

windows 7 64bit, intel core i5-3570k cpu @ 3.4ghz, 16gig RAM, nvidia gtx670

thanks in advance!

Can someone write out for me what I have to put in the launch parameters please, because im kind of computer illiterate, sorry  :blush:

System specs are: 

windows 7 64bit, intel core i5-3570k cpu @ 3.4ghz, 16gig RAM, nvidia gtx670

thanks in advance!

-nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=2047 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=4

Edited by carlj

-nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=2047 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=4

Can you not assign higher than 2047 across the board? mmmsoad's specs can support much more.

Can you not assign higher than 2047 across the board? mmmsoad's specs can support much more.

Im not sure what you mean across the board, but as of now theres no confirmation of how much VRAM the Standalone uses as I said in the first post. The options goes up to 2048 and then auto. 

If you have a GPU with a 3GB, try 2047 first and then 3070 to see if you get an improvement. 

Edit: or did you mean normal RAM? Again, we dont know how much SA actually utilises, so there is the possiblity that it does uses more than to 2gb ram/vram, but since theres been no confirmation of it we´ll just have to wait and see.And play around with the settings.  Recommended is 4gb, yes, but I myself didnt experience a big/any difference with higher RAM

Edited by carlj

Great post!

Question:

I have a GTX 460 graphics card with 1024 dedicated memory, but 3853 "Available". 

Which one should I choose? 

Or shall I just suck it and see?

Just so you know. Tried the Steam launch options. 

With the nosplash etc, was awful. Removed those and just went for mem options. Was...worse. 

Removed them from the launch options and actually finding it much better with just a moderate overclock. (30-50 FPS)

Specs:

Core i7 870 @ 2.93Ghz (8 CPUS)

6 GB RAM

GTX 460 (1 GB onboard) 

It's an Acer Predator G5900 but with a GTX460 - I don't know what they have done but it just seems to work like a dream with most games if you leave it the f*** alone. It runs Planetside 2 on high settings easily (without overclock). When I tried the geforce recommended settings (on PS2) it looked like shit. I cranked them back up and still no problems. 

Maybe it's witchcraft. 

Just so you know. Tried the Steam launch options. 

With the nosplash etc, was awful. Removed those and just went for mem options. Was...worse. 

Removed them from the launch options and actually finding it much better with just a moderate overclock. (30-50 FPS)

Specs:

Core i7 870 @ 2.93Ghz (8 CPUS)

6 GB RAM

GTX 460 (1 GB onboard) 

It's an Acer Predator G5900 but with a GTX460 - I don't know what they have done but it just seems to work like a dream with most games if you leave it the f*** alone. It runs Planetside 2 on high settings easily (without overclock). When I tried the geforce recommended settings (on PS2) it looked like shit. I cranked them back up and still no problems. 

Maybe it's witchcraft. 

Which parameters did you use? 

just wanted to share my setup that i played around with to get playable frame rates and have the game look nice too.  as some people have mentioned, if you turn everything down it runs worse :blush: so here is my middle ground compromise:

My Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz

Windows 7 SP1 64-bit

RAM: 8GB DDR3

GPU: Radeon HD7750 1GB DDR5

240GB HDD

Video:

1440x810 (75%)

VSync: Enabled

Quality:

All set to Normal

Textures:

1024 video memory

detail: Normal

filtering: Normal

Rendering:

antialising: Low

Alpha coverage: Disabled

Edge Smoothing: FXAA High

HDR Quality: Very Low

Ambient Occlusion: Disabled

Postprocess Quality: Very Low

i'm also running this startup paremeter:
nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=1024 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7

with those settings i can get mainly 30-35ish in small towns, 26-29 in the main city (for a few seconds every once and a while, but mostly get about 31-33 there) with the tall buildings and 40-55 fps in the open areas and still have it look like a modern game.  while those are all playable (to me at least), i'm really hoping to achieve at least 30 at all times in the city which would equate to higher numbers everywhere else too after they optimize (dev team....PLEASE OPTIMIZE!)

Edited by mjf6866

I use a Commodore 64

with a MOS 6510 overclocked to @ 1.025 Mhz

64kb ram

320 x 200

320 x 200 x 16

I can't even install it!!! I just read that the Dev's aren't going to release it in a ROM cartridge. 

• Like 14

I use a Commodore 64

with a MOS 6510 overclocked to @ 1.025 Mhz

64kb ram

320 x 200

320 x 200 x 16

I can't even install it!!! I just read that the Dev's aren't going to release it in a ROM cartridge. 

I have a copy on 116 cassette tapes (with the steam launcher on 198 floppies). Page me, and Ill mail them to you :lol:

like legit, I still have my 64 boxed up in my closet. One of the first times I heard Rocket speak and he said one of his fav games was Elite (one of the greatest games ever made and on the C64), That's when he garnered all the cool points in the world. I think DayZ is the only game I have more hours in...

Can someone tell me what I should do? I'm using a laptop so I don't think my performance will be as great. Currently running the game on Very Low to make sure I get decent FPS

Specs:

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M

Intel i7-3612QM CPU @2.10GHz (8 cores showing in Device manager)

8GB RAM

Windows 7 x64

Have I missed anything?

Edited by MOS182
  • Like 1