Sign in to follow this  
thedogfoodyayho

Guns spawns?

Sup?

Been looking for a Rifle or Shotgun to bolster my Firepower for 6 Hours now. 

Anyone who has found one: What type of building and where in it did you find it? Houses seem to be home to Anti-Gun protesters...

I know they're supposed to be Rare. So don't be Calling my a KoS noob.

Try to look off the beaten path. Elektro, Stary, NW run doesn't really work. Loot spawns on server restarts.

I found a Mosin, ammo and a Fire Axe in Shakhovka.

• Like 1

Sup?

Been looking for a Rifle or Shotgun to bolster my Firepower for 6 Hours now. 

Anyone who has found one: What type of building and where in it did you find it? Houses seem to be home to Anti-Gun protesters...

I know they're supposed to be Rare. So don't be Calling my a KoS noob.

empty soda cans are whats in dayz stand alone

Barracks. Both the old, small, one floor barracks (the ones where all the rooms are on the left of the hallway, the first being a shower room), and the newer barracks (I'm referring to them as barracks anyway). They were non-enterable in the mod, have two floors, camouflage paint on the exterior and appeared mostly on airfields. You can enter them now. I've found M4s on or under beds in those structures so far, as well as accessories for them.

The reason you're not finding them is because they've probably all been scooped up. Its been mentioned that loot doesn't spawn by the player anymore. Apparently it all spawns on server restart and then that's it. So unless you get to them shortly after server restart, don't expect to find a lot of guns along the coast. You're going to have to head north. Problem with that is, it takes food and water to head north, and that'll also be gone.

[edit] oh, and there are more of these barracks in the SA than in the vanilla mod. Even some new hidden army bases with loot.

Edited by Ham_Sandwich27
  • Like 1

empty soda cans are whats in dayz stand alone

I haven't seen any junk loot whatsoever.

Everything I have found has been of some use.

• Like 1

I'm in one of those villages above the Kemenka to Balota area. Not finding much, though. Going to the coast.

And i believe the New "Barracks" are called Military Dorms

You should try looking in the smaller towns. People aren't looking there as they didn't mean anything in the mod.

There is a small military base in Zelenogorsk (where supermarket was) for example. Found four M4A1 there. Plenty of ammunation as well. Backpacks etc. I was decked out within an hour of gameplay :)

On my second life I found a compass and just ran NE, found a dead body on the way with a Mosin with no ammo.

Eventually found NEAF and there was gear everywhere, found 2 M4s with attachments, assault vests, rucksacks, ammo, pistols!

Can't say for sure but I think I also ran into that little military area in Zelenogorsk tonight when I was playing and found a really large backpack and some cargo pants in one of the barracks. Then went into the military office/dorm and found an M4 with some attachments on it and some ammo for it. After spending the previous hour running around and eventually dying after finding nothing but a single rotten orange, this was a nice change lol.