Sign in to follow this  
failhorse

Anyway to suicide? Stuck

I spawned under a building. Won't let me respawn via menu. Any ideas? Tried vaulting, crawling ect. 

Edited by failhorse

That sucks.

There should definitely be a suicide option. I don't see how a player could abuse it for his advantage, being that it takes all his stuff, and starts him back at the coast.

Considering it's an alpha and 'things can happen'... Yah. that makes a lot of sense. But I'm still sitting here meleeing until I pass out. 

That sucks.

There should definitely be a suicide option. I don't see how a player could abuse it for his advantage, being that it takes all his stuff, and starts him back at the coast.

There is I drank a bottle of sanitizing spray worked wonders.

• Like 5

I spawned under a building. Won't let me respawn via menu. Any ideas? Tried vaulting, crawling ect. 

Keyboard mash, that's all i got.

Please add a suicide command like the mod. I mean, come on... it's in the alpha trailer!

• Like 1

I have heard rumors of being able to respawn when you switch your gender in the main menu and save it. Try it out and report back. :)

I tried the gender switch and it didn't seem to work :(. It seems I'm stuck in game until they release some form of suicide option. Lame...

You could always enter the server and go AFK. You'll dehydrate after some time.

The respawn button greys out after awhile. Which really makes no sense. From the mod, I'd think, you'd want it disabled so you don't try and find a better spawn point. After a certain amount of time it becomes usable. Or if you keep the menu open for 2-3 minutes, you get the option to suicide.

- Bug was reported.

I think I found a fix. In documents/dayz there is a player config file. I deleted the player file. Should be 'your steam name.cfg'. It didn't remove the character from the game, but did put me back in the game about 150m away from where I was. Not sure if this is coinidental or not. A few minutes later the starving and thirst killed me. Guess I could have waited.

The respawn button greys out after awhile. Which really makes no sense. From the mod, I'd think, you'd want it disabled so you don't try and find a better spawn point. After a certain amount of time it becomes usable. Or if you keep the menu open for 2-3 minutes, you get the option to suicide.

- Bug was reported.

I think I found a fix. In documents/dayz there is a player config file. I deleted the player file. Should be 'your steam name.cfg'. It didn't remove the character from the game, but did put me back in the game about 150m away from where I was. Not sure if this is coinidental or not. A few minutes later the starving and thirst killed me. Guess I could have waited.

Hello there

If you could reproduce this and let us know, it'll be useful.

Rgds

LoK