Sign in to follow this  
ThirdSinger

No loot, or do I just suck?

You keep using whinging...I don't think it means what you think it does.

No one would be playing this is they didn't want a hardcore game. What I want is a fair game that doesn't reward those who can be on at a certain time.

i'm australian m8, gotta a better idea than you lol. 

guess what! dayz isn't fair, and never has been, that's a shame. 

a huge amount of enterable buildings and a huge map, figure something out man.

I guess you don't get what people are complaining about at all? The loot at restart completely breaks the game for people who can only "play when it's convenient to play" because all of the people who have no life will have emptied the server before they can even get on ... especially when the servers start getting to be like 100+ players. If you don't think people are only going to be playing at restarts just to farm loot you must be new to the internet.

"a huge amount of enterable buildings and a huge map, figure something out man."

like i said, it's the first day, it's a bit early to be complaining that you can't find anything on the loot system you haven't really learned yet. I might come to agree with you, but at the moment it's pretty sweet, and i have no interest in finding loot whenever i want. 

obviously not everyone is having issues, so maybe you're doing something wrong? It's not a final solution mostly likely, but it's a hell of a lot better than the mods spawn system, which was i guess more fair, but way too easy. 

Loot at server restart isn't going to force people to explore.  People will login at restart, and not bother otherwise.  Someone will die and the phrase "I'll be back after server restart" will be heard.  Eventually someone will put up a website to track restarts by server and people will use that to flood or switch to more recently restarted servers.  And so on...  

So, no, it's really not all that clever.

On the other hand if there was a fairly random and large range of time in which new things show up then you could actually get scavenging.  There'd be little point in trying to camp one spawn whereas visiting a server that hasn't restarted recently wouldn't be pointless.

• Like 1

This is also not even close to the loot system that they've said is going to be in the standalone multiple times.

"there will be a set amount of zombies and loot on the server at any time. when you kill some or loot the server scans sees there is missing and spawns now to get it back to the max number there is supposed to be"

• Like 2

I guess you don't get what people are complaining about at all? The loot at restart completely breaks the game for people who can only "play when it's convenient to play" because all of the people who have no life will have emptied the server before they can even get on ... especially when the servers start getting to be like 100+ players. If you don't think people are only going to be playing at restarts just to farm loot you must be new to the internet.

No...he understands what they are complaining about, he just doesn't agree with their source of concern.  Neither do I.  The fact that loot spawns only on server restart does NOT necessarily mean that there will be no loot when you sign in.  While it's highly likely that the coastal towns have been fairly ransacked, I'd venture to guess that there would NEVER be an instant when people have "emptied the server" (given reasonable server restart schedules of 4-8 hours).  On top of that, there are plenty of missed items by players--some going too quickly through buildings, some that grab the attention of a zombie and run, some that suck at looting, among other things.  If you look hard enough you'll find a few things.  You won't be geared up, no, but I bet you can find a can of food and drink and a basic weapon.

What I like most about this is it encourages fresh spawns to make a decision: try and scavenge loot in easy-to-access coastal areas that have a shortage of items, or try to scavenge in more distant areas that haven't been touched yet.  I WANT to have to make that decision when I spawn...and I want to die sometimes when I spawn.  I LOVE that I've died of hunger once already--and I hope it happens more.   

On a tangential note, I'm actually OK with the fact that some players would give up if they didn't log in right after a server restart...that means there is more loot out there for players like me to find.  That being said, I think that the system they described earlier in development:

"there will be a set amount of zombies and loot on the server at any time. when you kill some or loot the server scans sees there is missing and spawns now to get it back to the max number there is supposed to be"

is an improvement over the current system.  It'll help spread things out a bit so that everyone can loot the same areas a little more.  I'd still like these items to be pretty darn scarce, though.  The fact that I have to look through two towns to get enough food and drink to go North is perfect to me.

Just my two cents...

It is hard to leave the cost when there is no food/water to use to stay alive  when moving away from the coast. It feels like every 30 seconds you have to eat and drink to keep from passing out, even when simply walking.

I don't mind the rate of which food spawns, just the rate of which they expect you to eat and drink... Its unrealistic in every way shape and form. If I ate half as much in real life I would weigh 400 lbs.

i played for 1.5 hours (from spawn to town) searching EVERY building/barn... didnt find a single item.

felt like dayz2017.. boring as fuk...

this loot scenario is hopefully just an idea they are trying.. and go back to a more normal loot spawn idea thats more fair to everyone who plays not just those luky enuf to catch the server at restart...

HOW DARE YOU DISS DAYZ 2017. I had my most enjoyable moments on that....I remembere when I found a CZ550 and a tractor.....

Yeah the balance is a bit off atm I feel aswell. In DayZ you character is thirstier then the average pot-head.

O well, that is what alphas are for, alot of tweaking and stuff.

The loot in SA is.............................PERFECT.

No longer can run in cherno and in 10 minutes come out with enough food and drinks to last a life time a 1911 with 6 mags, 4 bandages, an ak47 and an alice pack.

On the road from balota to berizino I found half of what you would be able to find in cherno in 5 minutes, and the further you are away from the high pop areas the more loot you will find. 

However this system could be easily abused, 

Edited by xX_fr0st-w0lf_Xx

i'm australian m8, gotta a better idea than you lol. 

guess what! dayz isn't fair, and never has been, that's a shame. 

a huge amount of enterable buildings and a huge map, figure something out man.

As I told the other guy, that's bull shit. The mod was very fair. If you searched, you found stuff. It didn't base it whether the server restarted or didn't.

Or I could just keep posting.

What I like most about this is it encourages fresh spawns to make a decision: try and scavenge loot in easy-to-access coastal areas that have a shortage of items, or try to scavenge in more distant areas that haven't been touched yet.  I WANT to have to make that decision when I spawn...and I want to die sometimes when I spawn.  I LOVE that I've died of hunger once already--and I hope it happens more.   

Naive at best, you haven't thought this through.

The ignorant will search buildings nearby, find nothing and quit.  The rest of us will look for a server that restarted recently, or we'll wait until a server we know the schedule of restarts.

Your hopeful scavenging decision will never enter into it for the vast, vast majority of players.

P.S. We had a mechanic where loot spawned at server restart before: helicopters.  What happened with that?  Exactly.  Now it is writ large.

Edited by thekab
  • Like 1

I don't know what you guys are complaining about. Maybe join a lower pop server?

I've had no problems yet. The vast amount of buildings means theres always a few nooks and cranies stuffed with Soda. Just look in every house, under the Tables, ontop the Cabinets, on the shelves, ect. The usaully loot the supermarket for a Week of food isn't going to work. 

6-7 hours got me Fully suited out in Camoflauged shirt and hat with a Ballistic helmet, Resperator, Glasses, Combat boots, Pistol, and a bunch of food. Just loot the Townhouses in Cherno/Elektro. Very profitable, alongside the smaller cabins outside the cities.

Only now that i'm heading inland am i running low on Soda

Loot respawning on server restart is completely imbalanced if we all spawn on the coast. It means those who comes on restart are guaranteed high end gear and it encourages server hopping.  It forces everyone to go inland directly at the guys who have high end gear.  If they did what they were supposed to and spread the decent gear around the map then we should be spawning in random places on the map. The coastal spawn is purposeless except to make it very unfriendly for new spawns.  Random spawning needs to be implemented among other balancing mechanisms.

Ok, I just want to say, yes, very well, scarce loot, that seems fine, but come the fuck on. If I can't run far enough without getting this in red "I feel like passing out" or some other bollocks, then how am I supposed to go far in wide if all my char does is bitch and moan? I'm not saying that it's all the loots fault. I suggest that rocket add back the regular hydration and food and all that good stuff back in, I liked it much better. Personally, if he doesn't do that, then at least give us a couple of hours before my char starts bitching about being hungry and their head hurting, come on, you've walked for five minutes and you're feeling dizzy lolwut? Anyways, I'm not bitching just saying, this is something that HAS TO and WILL be fixed to the correct setting for ALL players.

One other thing, if my guy, seriously just ate a half tin of beans, and than drank a nice bottle of water. Why in the name of fuck would he still be hungry? Do we all have a weight problem?

Okay, well, seeing as how I probably won't be able to get on right as servers restart due to work, I guess I'll just have fun running around with a flashlight and passing out after roughly an hour.

Guess I'll probably just have to stick to the mod.

I was on a server that had been up for multiple hours, and it was extremely fun.

If you're going to bitch and moan because you can't get all the good loot, then maybe standalone isn't for you?

In reality, you aren't always going to get first dibs on all the phat lootz. You're going to have to scrounge for it.

I got a few hours in tonight (on a server that had been up for a long time) and in that time I found lots of great loot.

You just have to spend the time to look, and work for it. Something most mod users aren't accustomed too.

• Like 1

I'm absolutely amazed. Everyone was practically begging for Standalone, talking about how they couldn't wait for the challenge, and wanted something extreme.

Guess what folks, this is it. The real deal.

All I've seen is swarms of topics and posts. Doing what? Complaining because the game is hard.

This is what you all wanted. This is the real DayZ experience. It's suppose to be hard. It's not designed to hold your hand and give you what you want. You're going to need to go out and fight for it.

Hell earlier after about an hour I had a hatchet, hammer, green taloon pack, spring camo pants, canned food, 3 vitamins, a few water purafication tabs, and a few other assorted things, and I felt like the fucking king.

If you're going to moan about how difficult it is, and how your work schedule interferes with playtime so they should change the game to suit you, and how you can't find a gun, etc, maybe you should go test the new Epoch update.

• Like 8

Loot spawns at server reset. That's it.

You need to spread across the map, scrounging for what you need to survive.

No more hitting up Cherno and being loaded to the teeth with food and drink.

Good job Rocket, stick to your guns. Less loot is what DayZ needs.

No, its not. Stop talking stupid.

I'm absolutely amazed. Everyone was practically begging for Standalone, talking about how they couldn't wait for the challenge, and wanted something extreme.

All I've seen is swarms of topics and posts. Doing what? Complaining because the game is hard.

This is what you all wanted. This is the real DayZ experience. It's suppose to be hard. It's not designed to hold your hand and give you what you want. You're going to need to go out and fight for it.

Hell earlier after about an hour I had a hatchet, hammer, green taloon pack, spring camo pants, canned food, 3 vitamins, a few water purafication tabs, and a few other assorted things, and I felt like the fucking king.

If you're going to moan about how difficult it is, and how your work schedule interferes with playtime so they should change the game to suit you, and how you can't find a gun, etc, maybe you should go test the new Epoch update.

Exactly 

In a real apocalypse your not going to find a hoard of Soda cans in every building you go in

• Like 2

People say to go search far beyond the coast and first cities.

Well, you die before you get there because of you constantly needing to eat/drink.

people say thats how it is in real life? Bullshit, I dont need to eat/drink every 5 seconds. Its a joke. Whoever programmed it really needs to get another job lol. Probably deans work.

Jesus the dayz defenders really need need to remember its just a game and not your wife.

You are totally wrong. If you look at my past posts, I NEVER wanted this.

Alpha or not, no excuse for it. 

What the hell have they been doing for the last 2 years. 

I was on a server that had been up for multiple hours, and it was extremely fun.

If you're going to bitch and moan because you can't get all the good loot, then maybe standalone isn't for you?

In reality, you aren't always going to get first dibs on all the phat lootz. You're going to have to scrounge for it.

I got a few hours in tonight (on a server that had been up for a long time) and in that time I found lots of great loot.

You just have to spend the time to look, and work for it. Something most mod users aren't accustomed too.

You built a few straw men, knocked them down, didn't address a single point.

And no, this is not difficult.  It simply changes it to a "farm the restarts" game from a "farm the barracks" game.

Ironically I just passed out traveling between two towns.  Drank up at the well, started a light jog... unconscious from thirst within 10 minutes before even making it to the very next down (which doesn't have a well, unless they changed the map).  I haven't actually found a drink yet, of any kind, or a canteen.  Though I do have weapon mods, backpacks, helmets, etc. etc.  So even when it's a fresh restart the loot mechanic is rather borked.  Apparently there are 18 motorcycle helmets and backpacks for every can of beans.

zing !

People say to go search far beyond the coast and first cities.

Well, you die before you get there because of you constantly needing to eat/drink.

people say thats how it is in real life? Bullshit, I dont need to eat/drink every 5 seconds. Its a joke. Whoever programmed it really needs to get another job lol. Probably deans work.

Jesus the dayz defenders really need need to remember its just a game and not your wife.

This is true but I believe it is a huge wip still so shit is gonna change all over the shop constantly, some of the changes are going to fuck shit up and take a big fat dump all over us but I will defend keeping dayz hardcore as long as i can, the mod was so pussified ( custom changes mainly not the mod teams fault) in the end it was a joke and i hope this doesn't end up the same way.

Seeing a large amount of people complaining about the lack of loot is fucking beautiful. 

• Like 2

No, its not. Stop talking stupid.

Care to propose what DayZ is about then? What it needs? I presume an abundance of loot? I fail to see how making rude remarks and insulting rocket is going to fix anything.

You need to eat/drink because your player starts off not in the best health, in any situation of that sort, a human would be energized, breathing fast, using up valuable bodily fluids. Not to mention, this is suppose to be in the roll of a random civilian, not a PT God like the mod.

Also, whilst the forest might not resemble it, you're running through a fucking forest. Bush waking. If you've ever tried  to run through a forest in real life, it's much more difficult then one might think.

You built a few straw men, knocked them down, didn't address a single point.

And no, this is not difficult.  It simply changes it to a "farm the restarts" game from a "farm the barracks" game.

Ironically I just passed out traveling between two towns.  Drank up at the well, started a light jog... unconscious from thirst within 10 minutes before even making it to the very next down (which doesn't have a well, unless they changed the map).  I haven't actually found a drink yet, of any kind, or a canteen.  Though I do have weapon mods, backpacks, helmets, etc. etc.  So even when it's a fresh restart the loot mechanic is rather borked.  Apparently there are 18 motorcycle helmets and backpacks for every can of beans.

It's all where you look. I addressed many points. Let me rephrase, in a situation of this type, people are going to get the first grabs at good loot before you (for the most part). It's just the luck of the draw.

There are so many enter-able buildings. If you can't find a drink or a canteen you need to look harder, it's really not that hard.

Also, drinking isn't the key to unlimited run. As far as I'm concerned, if you keep running, and running, water won't stop you from passing out.

• Like 1