Noctiluxx

Is Chat (Typing) working?

I've been attacked on sight twice in an hour now.. Beat to a pulp, all while waving hello, and typing in the '/' chat.

Does it work? or are people just a-holes?

I would say it is the latter reason. Chat works for me---I did, however, find that out in a friendly encounter on the coast at Solnichniy. Met a nice guy and we talked for a bit.

Good to hear.. im all for 'surviving'... even if that means someone feels the need to steal my fresh battery.  Just was hoping I could talk some sense into people.. or even get robbed, not bludgeoned 

Hello there

There will be folk who "fer teh lulz" will revel in spawn killing you or just general asshattery, that's just some folks ideas of "fun" im afraid.

However there are many many cautious but friendly folk out there too.

Rgds

LoK

Direct communication I have found does not save you to often from a beating.  You can always try what I do, strip your clothes off and run in a circle tends to ward off the killing few with confusion.

Yeah.. .Direct Comm isn't doing SH** for my, be nice and polite canadian way.. ran around looting for a good 30 mins with a guy until he clocked me with an axe... that I gave him, after he saved my ass from a Z

Is there some kind of secret, hey im really, a no bs, friendly?  I'd really hate to have to kill them all.....

Global chat is doing my head in people sitting with their mics open drinking eating and just talking non-stop !!!!

Lol i just run into people and start talking no one has shot me yet.,guess iam just lucky.