psychopigeon

every server is dark

Let me help:

brightness up to 100% gamma up to 100%. There you go.

Graphics will look like shit tho...

So people who work for a living will always play in the dark, 

interesting. and very realistic and challenging lol

Let me help:

brightness up to 100% gamma up to 100%. There you go.

Graphics will look like shit tho...

i for one wont play at nite, but i have to ask, if u have to zap up the gamma to insane levels to adjust for nitetime, what is the point of even playing at nite then ???

• Like 1

Here's how the day night system works.

Look outside your house. If it is dark or will be soon, then it's likely dark in game. If it's light outside or will be soon, then it's likely light in game. It's not that hard of a concept, stop crying because your easy mode servers are not in standalone. Night and day are on a 24 hour cycle, live with it and play around that knowledge and use it to your advantage.

here is the thing,

I like the night and I hope that it is kept in the game, it makes things like the flares, flashlights, night vision useful as well as add an element of horror to the game that you don't get during the day.  It is part of human instinct to be afraid of the dark, dark usually meant getting eaten by a lion.  That being said you want the game to be successful, and as some one else stated they want to see the graphics, most people work or have school and cannot play during the day, night time some of the time can be fun, night time every time I play would not be fun.  For that matter there may be people who only play during the day and would like to see the night too, that would suck for them as well.

Honestly the best way would be a 6 hour cycle so even if you played the same time each day, every other day you would be playing the opposite, 1 day night the next day, that would be the most fair system.

But to expect that if its night out for you it will be night will get old quickly, most people can only play in the evening, and having a PC with a high end graphics card would get pretty tiring if all it ever did was render black and grey

• Like 2

Feeling alone to embrace night play. Seriously the most intense it get!

Agreed it is intense but you just don't want it were depending on when you play or where you are that you always play in either day or night, I think that would get boring quickly for players and the key for the games success is to keep as many players entertained for as long as possible

It's pretty much a fact that the majority of the player base do not like playing in the dark.

Please don't take this as the general players view. This is a noob view.

I played Epoch for several months under the team UN. a Helpful team for survivors who killed bandits and helped friendlies

Me and my team always prefer a real time server (even though i work a  9-5) I find it so much more immersive real time, time, is server time, and nights last 10hrs or whatever., days 14 hrs, keep it realistic. dont start servers with 24 .7. day. And to stop the gamma problem use the Arma 3 style stencil lighting which stops people gamma cheats. One love, good luck survivors, Agent Neo, veteran day z player

AgentNeo, in reality currently the sun is only up 9 hours a day and it's dark the remaining 15 hours.

The 24 hour cycle works great for people who can sit at home and play the game all day every day, but for others it becomes quite difficult.

For example; Your flashlight battery dies and since people were on the server during the day they all found fresh batteries, but since you have to work and can't play during the day you find no loot left to help your cause and have to deal with the pitch dark grey/black, if you bother playing at all.

Does that sound fun? Not at all. Just my opinion as someone who works during the 9 hours of sunlight though.

Turn cloud quality to best and it will look like there's strong moonlight and in reality you are not breaking the game by doing so.

why not making the cycle short: 2 hours days/ 2 hours night, you would be able to experience dawn and dusk in the same session?? I'm impressed by my own idea;)

• Like 1

why do european and us servers have the same server time?

Why are all the US server on Night time its 10:00AM here on the west coast and all the servers are night

Hey all comunity, i have a question:

all servers are in night/day time? No daylight server? Because when you work all day and you want play after, server are in night. :(

Thanks fo your awnser

Edited by drekken

I also live in the EU,

so at the time i come home from work (arround 5 pm german time) i will have about 1 hour of daylight dayz left.

Thats not very nice. I want to test the game, feel it, and SEE it. And that will not happen if it is pitch black.

Best will be Servers with different times, if you want to go for a day / night circle, fine stay on your server, but if you come home from work and u want to go for a little bit of fun playing dayz i will go for daylight server :)

hope something will change here :D

I'm in the same boat as many people.  I work all day and typically get to play between 9pm - 12am so I will only get to experience night time.  I think a shorter day/night cycle is a great idea (2-4 hours per day & night).

Edited by damdifino

im still not understanding how this dark/daylite system is working..

im playing from Western canada when its dark.. but if i join a server in europe (were it clearly is daylite) its still dark for me..

will it be daylite for people in europe playing on european servers ? im bloody confused how no matter where on earth i try to join its dark on every server..

Im in Europe. I've been trying since last night to find a day time server with no luck. When I tried to join US servers when it was daytime it was still dark. 

Please don't take this as the general players view. This is a noob view.

I played Epoch for several months under the team UN. a Helpful team for survivors who killed bandits and helped friendlies

Me and my team always prefer a real time server (even though i work a  9-5) I find it so much more immersive real time, time, is server time, and nights last 10hrs or whatever., days 14 hrs, keep it realistic. dont start servers with 24 .7. day. And to stop the gamma problem use the Arma 3 style stencil lighting which stops people gamma cheats. One love, good luck survivors, Agent Neo, veteran day z player

No, it's not a "noob" view, it's the general majority view and you know it. Way to be condescending btw.

• Like 5

Same problem here. I played a lot of dayz(mod) and actually don't mind nighttime but 2-3 hours of daytime would be great for now, just to see and check out the SA.

• Like 1

So all of you are saying things about a night/day cycle. All i can see right now is a night/night cycle. I'm on east coast, and I've been playing lat night from 8pm to 12am. Went to bed. Now it's 2:30pm, and ALL the servers are still at night. I don't get it. I like playing at night, but damn, that'd be nice to enjoy daylight sometimes.

guys there is supposed to be a 24 hr cycle, at the moment its not fucking working obviously.

game has been out for what 23 hrs???

leaving the realistic 24 hr system is perfect, those who want day all the time, join a server  few time zones over,,

the end