Sign in to follow this  
jetlinerx

Tips please?

So, I haven't played in a really long time, and I hear that now there are no bandit skins. I am very much a carebear, :blush: but instead of complaining about how much I hate KoS and mindless PvP, I will continue with my question.

I dont like killing people, unless I have reason to. Unfortunately, not everyone feels that way in this mod, so what tips can everyone offer for me?

Should I grow a pair, and kill people, or if I see someone, try to avoid them. Is it good to confront people shouting friendly in chat? I really dont want to be killed by players, but I dont know what the norm is now with this new patch.

Help?

I've found...people are less likely to kill you if you don't have a weapon. There will be plenty of people shouting at me like I'm stupid and that no one will spare you just because you don't have a weapon... but if the people who claim to only kill because they don't want to be killed are telling the truth then... if you don't have a weapon then...no threat. Also... bigger the pack bigger the loot bigger the risk. If you have a large pack like alice or coyote backpack...you're going to be a target because the assumption is that you've been around a while and that pack is likely full of goodies not to mention the equipment you likely have on you.

If you hear someone shooting... don't go towards them... they're already fighting someone or zombies and showing yourself will just get you killed.

Ok so heres how i roll, major towns and cities: Your on your own, get in get gear get out. trust no one dont hesitate to shoot

Small villages up north: People are more trustworthy here but not much, watch and use common sense to judge

Major loot spots such as airfields: dangerous places trust very little again BUT people might need help & willing to return it

Woods: Your in with a chance of help

Remember if they cant see you try and talk in game!

PS willing to help me?

It depends on the situation, but if you are totally against killing someone else and you have some stuff you'd rather not lose then I'd say avoid people the majority of the time. If they are unavoidable (i.e. running directly to your location and you can't move without being spotted) then I would say your only option is to try and communicate that you're friendly. If they go prone, and you still don't want to shoot them, then run.

Of course, if you see zeds near them then you could try firing at the guys feet or in the air next to him and see if he tries to fire back (might be best to do this from some sort of cover) and let the zeds take care of him.

@Prometheus - Interesting, thanks for that.

@Soal - I very much agree with those, and I am willing to help anyone. ;)

@Riska - Dont get me wrong, you make any sort of threat at me, and I will try my best to kill you with a Makerov. I just dont like killing people who dont know I am around, or who didnt have the intention of killing me to begin with.

For example all-

I consider myself very much like this guy:

Make some friends on the forum or steam, if you want trust. You will get shot by most when they have the chance, some will shoot regardless of certain zombie death, others will shoot from fear, and a select few will be friendly, though greed may still get the better of them.

Announcing that your going to leave the game, for some reason, turns the friendliest of players hostile, seems to be a strangley recurring theme

In that case I know I certainly can't judge who will and won't shoot me correctly. The only way I know for sure is if they initiate contact with me after already having me in their sights.

Trust is great solid cover is better.

There's alot of solid objects around Chernarus, whenever you meet some, you're not willing to kill on sight, go for the nearest cover. People you meet who doesn't fire at you at once, you can start talking with from your cover, if they don't respond or if they push you into a corner, call all bets off and do what you can to protect yourself.