Bron89

Unconcious

Again with this "simulation" excuses? If Dean didn't changed his mind recently (i did not read anything related to it), he said back ago that DayZ will NEVER be a simulator, but it will still a game.. a "hardcore game" (or call it whatever you want) but a game.. so it will contains game dynamics (call it "compromises for gamers). So stop with the argumentation like "you can't do this in real life...", indeed you can't, but this is not the real life.. this is a game (actually a deathmatch with zombies if you ask to me.. lol).

..And let me add, 

If you want to make a game similar to real life, you can't at the origin !!!

I don't meet zombies durgin my day, I don't need food and water every 4 minutes, and people don't pass trought doors and floor.

so let's start to fix the huge number of bugs of the game, and after that you may think to transform dayz in a simulating real life game.

All the anwer from dayz staff are not serious and not professional, in my opinion, becasue we can't talk of real life about a game.

All my clan are now seriously thinking to ask for refund,  

I always laugh when people say "X game isn't realistic because Y doesn't exist" where Y is zombies, or super powers, or laser guns, or what have you.  There are certain things within a fictional world to be held true inside of that world, with specific rules that can be assumed.  Everything else stays realistic (assuming that's what the game is going for).  From yours and other people's logic, since we have zombies, why not add unicorns, and talking candy?  A line is drawn, and that line is zombies only.

As for the rest, clipping issues is a game bug that is being working on.  The food system is constantly being changed and tweaked as well.  But consider this, if you were consistently running 1km every 5 minutes, how often would you eat or drink?  Sure just sitting around in front of a computer you don't need much, but runners have large jugs of water for a reason.  And with the food, how long do you expect a to last of eating 25% of a can of sardines?  It's not like the mod where we're downing whole cans of food in one sitting.  Is is perfect and real?  No.  Is it as far off as you make it?  No.  Give them time to tweak it, but it's not as unrealistic as you make it out to be.

I wouldn't bother asking for a refund either.  You were warned at every turn not to buy the SA, and yet you still went for it.  It's your fault if you didn't do your research.

It's cute that so many complain about the uncounciousness "bug". Since the first patch I have not once gotten it, not once... You whine about eating alot and drinking alot, it's obvious you're not doing it right.

When you spawn your first problem is to drink alot, not go to balota and find m4 with ammo and kill fresh spawns, you find a well and drink a shit ton of water, keep clicking on it. The indicator "thirsty" doesn't tell you anything but you need to drink ALOT at that point. Your stomach needs to be full/stuffed most of the time, I have no problem finding food or water since the wells are so common, you only need two canteens and two cans of food at all times for emergencies.

Oh and stop looting houses that have open doors, chances are that someone much like you went through it looking for food and water so there's nothing left for you. If your food/thirst indicators are red or close to it and you're in a town that has been looted, change the server, loot doesn't respawn (yet). So you need to change the server or you will die.

You can complain all day long about the fact that it isn't realistic that you need to eat so much, it shouldn't matter, because you can still survive (easilly at that). If thirst bests you, you're still a newbie and you deserve to die  :). 

Edited by Koala Lord
  • Like 2

If you eat rotten food you will get poisoned. Haven't acquired unclean water yet so I dunno what you can and cannot drink... Also they should add blood regen in the game because it's normal for every human to regenerate lost blood in real life. Been running with grey window for like 2 days now :P

This GAME is supposed to be as realistic as it can be and nobody has prooved that zombies CANNOT EXIST, so stop whining about that zombies aren't real. Also about the unconciousness... somebody should be able to slap you and wake up... once you get this window, well... you can wait like 10 min and then just don't bother and press ''Respawn''.

If you eat rotten food you will get poisoned. Haven't acquired unclean water yet so I dunno what you can and cannot drink... Also they should add blood regen in the game because it's normal for every human to regenerate lost blood in real life. Been running with grey window for like 2 days now :P

There is blood regen, you just need to eat and drink a lot.

There is blood regen, you just need to eat and drink a lot.

What do you mean by ''a lot'' ?

What do you mean by ''a lot'' ?

When it stops giving you messages, keep eating and drinking.  Only stop when it starts saying you're going to vomit and whatnot.

There are a lot of merging and people going "Please search before you post" and similar. I would just like to point out that I searched for the word 'unconscious' and I got 0 results. 

The reason for that is that THE TITLE OF THIS TOPIC IS SPELLED WRONG AND DOESN'T SHOW UP ON A SEARCH. This is the official topic on this subject...

Yes it is stickied, so I found it pretty quickly but if anyone really wants people to search for topics on the forum A MOD OR THE ORIGINAL POSTER HAS TO FIX THE NAME.

Also I noticed that the topic has a tag with the correct spelling. Why do tags not appear in the search when you directly type them in?

• Like 1

I heard that this was patched, and that it's not as long as it used to be, but I'm curious about this situation:

I was in the military base looting, when out of no where a couple of shots from an M4 popped off, one of them hitting my character. Running away, hitting the "one" key to take out my M4, I turn and see the fucker, and ended him before he could end me. A second guy approached me from behind, I'm not a kill on sighter, but I was still dazed and still in a defensive move. So despite him calling out friendly, I shot him to death. Thinking that the disappearing bodies glitch was still a problem, I ignored my bleeding wounds and tried to loot everything I could before they did so. And as I was going to bandage myself, I fell unconscious. 

So what should I do? Wait? Because I'm not sure if my character is dead but it's not telling me that I am, or if I'm gonna have to wait 30 minutes to an hour or what.

• Like 1

I have never heard of anyone waking up without epi pens, I am pretty sure that if you are unconscious, your dead. However I have seen people get knocked down real quickly and get back up. I think if your unconscious, ie knocked out not knocked down, your going to have to respawn. My friends and I have waited over an hour to get back up to no avail. I dont think regaining consciousness is even implemented yet as the forum team people are telling people to just re-spawn. Also, the axes are so overpowered that I could care less about the guns, they are nothing compared to the ax!!!

I have never heard of anyone waking up without epi pens, I am pretty sure that if you are unconscious, your dead. However I have seen people get knocked down real quickly and get back up. I think if your unconscious, ie knocked out not knocked down, your going to have to respawn. My friends and I have waited over an hour to get back up to no avail. I dont think regaining consciousness is even implemented yet as the forum team people are telling people to just re-spawn. Also, the axes are so overpowered that I could care less about the guns, they are nothing compared to the ax!!!

I do not find the axes overpowered, rather the zombies "underpowered".. if there where more zombies and they where a little more aggressive, the axes balance would be perfect, and an automatic weapon will start feeling dominant compared to any melee weapon.

Back on topic

I do not have a problem surviving at all but, with that said I still find it a game breaker that my fingers hurt from clicking canned food and canteens and not from killing zombies. the food part needs to be a life and death element but, it needs to be slowed down! a lot!

"unconscious" needs a timer, it serves no purpose not to have this. I am a all for the realism part but, it still needs to be fun and entertaining! Looking at a black screen, with no knowledge of when you can return to the game, is neither!

• Like 2

Hello there

Ever been knocked out in real life? Theres no timer. :)

Just respawn!

Never get attached to your gear.

Rgds

LoK

Best answer in this whole thread.

Anyone else noticed how if you click respawn while unconscious, and then it says "are you sure?" and you click 'no', you respawn?

I lasted about 20 mins before I clicked that respawn button.. I just assumed it was potentially bugged and I wasn't going to wake up

sry guys but this is ridiculous again... you should be able to take some dog before you get unconscious, this is way to hard esp because there is no fukin bandages around.............. annoying

Don't forget that in some cases, for example going unconscious while bleeding from loss of blood, and from dehydration etc. You would never wake up. I see the unconscious feature as a multiplayer feature - if you have friends around then it is not the same as death, but if you don't then it is and respawn is the solution.

To me this is realistic and immersive and I support any feature that promotes cooperation. 

Having said that a little bit more UI feedback would be good.

Oh and ed_rush: you can rip your shirt into rags and use them.

Edited by Duncan

nice, thx didn't know that....  yeah but as far as i can judge right now things are still pretty much the same, jumped off a ladder (2m) leg broken, respawn. a man should survive things like that, same thing with bleeding... way to hard

It would more or less depend on how long you feel like waiting, or if you even care enough to take the gamble that you somehow won't die or get looted while you are out. 

Honestly, my advice is as follows. Keep in mind this is just my experience with the game so far. The only time passed out in the game was when i was over exerting myself and trying to play the game as i did the mod. 

By that i mean i let the counters roll a little bit before eating and drinking. In the mod i would wait until something damn near flashed at me before i would eat or drink. Apparently in the SA (at this point and time, it is after all in ALPHA) this is not a recommended option. It has been stated several times here so far that you should eat and drink almost constantly. While unfortunate, this method has worked for me and my brother for days now. He only passed out once, and that was due to a lack of blood. I was able to revive him with a blood transfusion. which can be tricky in itself now but totally made me happy when i figured it out lol. aside from that eating often, and eating variety has worked for us so far. 

Cans can be opened with a knife, or an axe, both of which spill some of the contents. If you are lucky enough to get a can opener. Good on you, guard it with your life. The game is quite buggy, and being in an alpha state, im sure everyones feedback is being heard, and i would personally expects that some of these features to be added or adjusted in the future. In the mean time, i am having a blast figuring out all the quirks. Hope this helps someone.

I successfully used a blood bag to revive my friend. It was weird because I drew blood from him and gave it back to him and it revived him.

I dont understand how everyone is passing out from hunger and thirst... I even got my blood regen working just fine after having a nice feast at the top of klen mountain after being beat to shit by zombies at berezino... by the time I walked down klen and got to the NEAF I had full color back in my screen... and I wasnt sure how much food to eat since I never did get a "you are full" message or anything but I trusted the system to work and it did... its really not that hard to find food and drink so I dont know how this is happening to people unless you just ignore common sense...

I think the feast I had on Klen included 4 Sodas, half of a canteen, 1 box of cereal, 3 cans of beans, 2 cans of spaghetti, 2 cans of sardines, 1 can of tuna... I never got a full stomach message but hell it worked... and it cleared a lot of space in my backpack lol then I got nice and kitted at NEAF :)

Just to confirm its bugged :

Over 8 hours ( few server reboots ) and counting, should i be dead by now ? :P

Yup. my dude has been unconscious for over an hour now.

I got hit with an axe, so my dude probably bled out while he was unconscious and doesn't have enough blood to wake up. Either that, or there's something wrong with the 'shock' feature (maybe it doesn't go down while you are passed out). 

If you're grouped up with people then you can get them to inject you with a Saline Bag; that brings you back from Unconcious.

i have replied to the official bug report with my thoughts and some possible solutions to issues related to unconciousness, as i see them.

please contribute and add to the discussion, but keep it constructive.
preferably in the bugtracker, using the following link:
http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=196#bugnotes

my theory for regaining consciousness: your bloodlevel needs to reach a certain level to wake you up again.
this would explain why some people wake up on themselves after waiting for an hour (regenerating blood / "healing"), and also why people instant-wake up when getting a transfusion with blood or saline.

In my honest opinion, i think this shouldn't be considered a bug, but a feature - with some issues.

if you fall unconscious in real life, your chances to wake up again on your own, within a few minutes, are not THAT big. for that you'd normally need the help of another person, just as in dayz.

on the other hand, waking up shouldn't be bound to blood level alone, and it should be random - given that a low amount of blood should make it unlikely to wake up, a higher blood level will raise the chance, just like the other way around with falling unconscious. and waking up on your own should also be a random chance, but the chance should only raise with time moving on - starting with 0% from instant to like 75% for 1-2 hours maybe.

if you have a friendly person around, this person would have three options to wake you up:

1) slap in the face - if nothing else at hand, low chance to succeed depending on blood level
2) shower - if you have water in a bottle, you can use that to spill on the patients face, decent chance to succeed depending on blood level
3) chemical wake up remedy thing - in movies, those things they use in military and torture scenes to wake people up - it looks like a huge pill, break it in half and hold it under the persons nose - person will wake up from the smell/fumes/whatever - can't think of a name. should be very rare military/medical equipment, 100% chance to succeed

this should improve the willingness of people to team up - leading to less KoS, leading to more intense gameplay, etc...

another thing came to my mind: anesthesia
bringing another person to unconciousness on purpose, usually to do surgery stuff.
could be knocking the person out with the fist, or use narcotic medical supply.
this could be used instead morphine to treat broken legs, benefit being it doesn't have the HIGH chance to get you addicted, downside being it will take above methods to wake up again.

before i get bashed on from all sides, i want to remind everyone that this game aim's to be hard and unforgiving (assuming that the stance on that didn't chance from mod to game), and thats exactly what i want it to be. if i want an easy game, i go play bf4.

Edited by Azrail