Jimmy McNulty

Freeside trading co.

As I have said in the past, banditry is part of the experience, and we would be surprised if we didn't have to deal with it. The only thing I really don't want to see is out and out griefing and people false-facing.

I understand that betrayal is inevitable, but I would prefer that bandits hold off a week or two before they start trying to infiltrate us. Consider that the project being scuttled 5 minutes in will mean the destruction of the survivors vs zombies vs bandits environment we are trying to facilitate and relatively small gain for our killers.

Alternatively, bandits and survivors alike could have a rip-roaring good time defending and attacking an established trading post for weeks and months to come, with more loot for bandits whenever they win.

Both in terms of enjoying the game and in terms of loot, I think that it is in the interest of the bandit community to sit back for a minute and see what happens.

good luck trying to convince 14year olds to hold off when they got lucky and picked up decent loot.. not gonna happen mate.. when i however, and if we however get recruited as mercs for u lads, we will be eating these youngsters for breakfast, lunch, brunch, dinnner, snack, supper and latenight snack!

"im so cool since i got a .50cal, however i can't shoot past 500meters with it"

It seems that people are under the impression that the guards are just going to sit there and be sniped over and over.

They will find you, you might get 5 - 6 kills before they find you, if you're good enough (doubtful).

They will then kill you and your teammates and take your stuff to be sold/requip the guards you killed.

You then have to spend another X hours getting gear back (since they wont trade with you) to probably try it again.

All this is going to end up doing is making it 10x easier for the Traders to get snipers + ammo.

That said, I highly look forward to bandit attacks. IMO its a key and one of the most exciting elements to the Trading Post! I can see this almost becoming a type of Clan battle/war zone. Control the area, control the loot.

So, I leave you all with this.

BRING IT ON! :cool:

So' date=' I leave you all with this.

[/quote']

"A leader doesn't go looking for a fight, but is prepared for when a fight finds him"

Technically, he hasn't "gone looking" for a fight, he is simply staying in place and inviting one to come to him. Still not exactly wise, though.

[/quote']

"A leader doesn't go looking for a fight, but is prepared for when a fight finds him"

Technically, he hasn't "gone looking" for a fight, he is simply staying in place and inviting one to come to him. Still not exactly wise, though.

I mostly said it because I heard it from watching Thor last night, and seemed somewhat suitable.

[/quote']

Meh, they would come whether I 'Invited' them or not. I am merly stating that if they attack the Traders, that we are ready and willing to repel them with deadly force (and steal all their stuff).

Here's whats most likely going to happen...

Bandits that read the forum will get there 3 - 4 buddies on and see what happens when they attack... This will go on for a long time and will be reletively easy to defend against. What the Traders need to worry about are the 'Bandit Clans' with upwards of 20+ people. They are the real threat. The Location may be lost a number of times to these groups.

After the initial (however long) constant combat period. Most will get bored, the Traders will flourish and become stronger as a whole thanks to the constant combat and the lule in fighting. Allowing them to be heavily equiped. Once word spreads again that the Traders have worth while stuff the 'Bandit Clans' will come back. Only this time the Traders will be much harder to push around.

idiot you'd need a pretty big crew armed to the teeth if you wanted to raid that

OP, uninstall, go play a fps, not a mo survival game. people like you are going to ruin the game, and people like you are why we dont spawn without a gun.

I like how everyone trusts people to not infiltrate the guards. Trading camps don't work for a reason, and you'll see why. Attacking in this game is always easier than defending.

After the initial (however long) constant combat period. Most will get bored, the Traders will flourish and become stronger as a whole thanks to the constant combat and the lule in fighting. Allowing them to be heavily equiped. Once word spreads again that the Traders have worth while stuff the 'Bandit Clans' will come back. Only this time the Traders will be much harder to push around.

The traders will win because once word gets out people will flock to the post. There is no existing trading post in all of dayz. We have all had that time when we need a car engine and we just cant find one. The trading post will be the answer. It will let people play the game better and it will succeed because it is needed.

Maybe it will live, maybe it wont. There's a lot of bandits, many organized groups. I'd just like to know how would you defend it from heavy sniper rifles +1km range or helicopters with heavy machineguns. I didnt mean it seriously tho, Im not even a bandit, I wanted to see people's reactions.

Maybe it will live' date=' maybe it wont. There's a lot of bandits, many organized groups. I'd just like to know how would you defend it from heavy sniper rifles +1km range or helicopters with heavy machineguns. I didnt mean it seriously tho, Im not even a bandit, I wanted to see people's reactions.

[/quote']

A heli attack on a heavily populated trading area would be AMAZING. The sheer awesomeness of the battle would be mind blowing. When I guess in reality, this would just be regular Arma II lol.

To quickly stomp on an emergent aspect of gameplay such as this for your own amusement would be the height of stupidity - the equivalent of cutting down a baby apple tree instead of waiting for it to grow and picking the apples. You may get some temporary enjoyment, but there will be zero long term gain. Please use your head instead of going for the short-term reward.

I believe it would be in everyone's best interests (Especially the bandits) to let the trade camp build up and get its business going for some time before attacking. That way, not only will bandits face some actual opposition instead of shooting a bunch of newish players for a pile of beans and bandages, but there will likely be a much larger stash of loot waiting as a reward, including high-tier weaponry and gear. And if the trading actually goes on for some time, the camp will probably reform in case of destruction instead of dying and leaving bandits with only the hapless coast respawns to shoot.

And who knows...even bandits need blood transfusions and a way to get rid of that umpteenth DMR they've stashed. Why not visit and try trading yourself? :)

I honestly don't think I'm going to bother attacking the caravan.

Why bother smashing myself against a large squad that will inevitably kill me when there's hoards of free ammunition sitting in the sniping spots around it?

i love the idea of two large groups going at it in all out war, both sides could be ready for a huge attack, Trading Post being the best equipped but bandits have the element of surprise. Helicopter attack whilst people are charging the post and vehicles zooming in to get close enough to jump out and try to infiltrate. when/if servers get bigger (100-200).... would be enough to make even the most strong boweled men poo in excitement

I must say, I'm pleased to see the level of maturity shown from some bandits in this thread, knowing that this project will be more lucrative and fun in the long run for both sides rather than killing it in its infancy.

We did have one bandit snipe one of our poor guards on the watchtower, but fire-team 1 soon got revenge and took his DMR :D

Yup, that was my first "murder" ever, actually.

The sniper, that is. Not the guard. Publik was VERY close to being my second when he got split up from us and chains and I almost took him for the sniper's spotter. I had the shot lined up before I realized who it was. His unique skin was the only thing that saved his ass lol.

as both a bandit and a survivor (mostly survivor cause i feel the pain of banditry on a regular basis) i see how both sides are at a mutual gain from this. and the fact that players are making this game their own by setting up small "mini-game"-esque situations is what makes this game great. its a great concentration of good equipment for both survivors and bandits.

and if there werent bandits attacking this trading post, it wouldnt be a simulation of a zombie apoc at all. so thank you all for helping bring this game closer to its full potential by respectfully trying to kill eachother for the sake of reality