booyah

$29.99

Why do people always think they're entitled to discounts for reasons that don't deserve a discount?

It's fucking mental.

Hey all I have been reading and if you were a developer and you wanted to keep your users happy and also your staff I think 29.99 is a reasonable price to do so.. Remember people developing DayZ SA have been working on it without being paid from their project and it seems they wanted to give a christmas prezzy.. Would you prefer them to not release the game until it is 100% complete and you pay 50-100 USD for the game? You all have played DayZ Mod free of charge on DayZ's side of things.. The 29.99 you pay now is a big thank-you for allowing them to give you that.

@DayZ team.. You guys are doing a great job and I hope DayZ continues for many many more years :).

Edited by MrB3n

Quit being jew.

4) Offensive Content:

Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures. Use common sense. We want to show this website to our mums.

I take comfort knowing the money will be spent perfecting the game. At least make it enjoyable. But I will confess, it feels a bit sour since I haven't gotten to play much yet, due to certain issues (fine, fine, I will stop whining about this now, I just want to play it sooo badly, lol. My geek is out of control)

I find it strange that one can pay $30 for the stand-alone or $12.99 for Arma II and then just DL the mod version for free... I'm sure there will be future updates to the stand-alone ver that separate the two, but really, right now isn't the MOD & Stand-alone identical (aside from the slight gfx enhancements of the newer engine?). 

And yeah he definitely said multiple times this would only cost 10-15$ when it first came out.

I remember him stating otherwise. From what I last heard it was going to be 20€ on release, where 23€ is definitely in that range. This statement is a while back - maybe even last year around this time.

I find it strange that one can pay $30 for the stand-alone or $12.99 for Arma II and then just DL the mod version for free... I'm sure there will be future updates to the stand-alone ver that separate the two, but really, right now isn't the MOD & Stand-alone identical (aside from the slight gfx enhancements of the newer engine?). 

The Standalone already offers many different features the mod will never have, such as crafting, an inventorysystem suited to the needs of DayZ, better animations, and more and more. Comparing it to the features of the mod because of the price is a bit unnecessary.

The mod is still worth getting, especially with the new updates coming out.