Sign in to follow this  
VengenousFury

Starting Without a Gun (1.7.1-1.7.1.5)

Doesn't really tell me anything I didn't already know, though.

Scavenge for food and avoid zombies? No crap.

This game is just brutal now without a starting pistol. I tried moving through a city to get to a church and spooked one zombie and all I had to defend myself with was a crowbar. He knocked me out immediately and that was game over.

Lots of fun.

The game now is no harder now than it was. Its so hard to just train zombies through town into buildings where they go full retard long enough for you to look for a weapon and move to the next building if there isnt one. Not even counting the fact that the zombies break aggro completely or jump to other players.

The game now is no harder now than it was. Its so hard to just train zombies through town into buildings where they go full retard long enough for you to look for a weapon and move to the next building if there isnt one. Not even counting the fact that the zombies break aggro completely or jump to other players.

It is harder for new players than it used to be.

It's only harder if you are completely unwilling to adapt. the first day i loaded up the new patch i died right off the bat probably....3 times or so. Now though, it's no different than it was, i just have to be a little more careful. It could always be worse. At least now we can run and hide if we have to.

It is a lot harder than it was. A LOT harder. I have zombies come through walls. I was told not to post this as a bug cause they already know about it. So, following the advice of many and HIDING didn't work, I done got eatened up good.

So we are back to the beginning. We need starter guns. Plain and simple.

I prefer no starting gun. Before you started with everything you needed to survive a few days, now you actually have to establish yourself before you can just run off. I honestly think people just have a bad reaction to getting killed in Dayz, it's supposed to happen. Stop trying to win and just enjoy yourself. Why even get mad about dying if you didn't have any gear to begin with, how does that make sense? If you don't have a gun and catch zombies attention its fairly easy to lose them by looping through some open buildings and then staying out of sight. Everyone talks as if new players were surviving 20 days before the change. If you're new you don't have a grasp on gameplay before the update, you probably would've died then too. You may figure it's because you don't have a gun but in reality it's because you're new to the mod. I like the changes, a lot less people wasting ammo trying to play super fun time. Fun for me is overcoming difficult challanges. If your kind of fun is running head first into an area guns blazing and then being forgiven for any mistakes you made in the process... you may be playing the wrong game as of the last update. It goes without saying that the mod is in Alpha and everything is due to change. Just weighing in with my own feedback.

Zombies have always come through walls regardless and even if they do, move away 5 feet and they stop hitting you. Still doesn't make it anymore difficult.

couple of things i learned abotu the update from spawning without a gun....

RUN! go up a hill. run through a long building. the zombies are much easier to lose now... they wont chase you forever and you can go prone and hide from them if you get enough distance and line of site broken.

pick up emtpy cans and bottles! throw them. since you have the extra room now, carry them around. it works.