Sign in to follow this  
frosti

Choose spawn location = revenge kills

There was a crash site little north from Devil's Castle.

I had a gunfight there with one guy, I killed him but got myself wounded and fell uncocious for long timer ( 8 minutes I belive).

The guy I killed just spawned at Devil's Castle run up to me in about 3 minutes picked a weapon from crash site and revenge killed me when I was there on ground uncoucious bleeding.

Choosing spawn location is stiupid and should be removed imho and be restricted only to random of Cherno, Elektro, Berezino and Kamenka (coast areas).

I think you should be able to select your spawn on the southern coast. It allows people to deathmatch, while the north stays enjoyable

Random can spawn you at devels castle? wow that is dumb.

• Like 1

Well I can agree with choosable spawn location on the coast.

But now when you can basically spawn all around the map DayZ feels too much Call of Dutish to me.

Well I can agree with choosable spawn location on the coast.

But now when you can basically spawn all around the map DayZ feels too much Call of Dutish to me.

You can't. The spawnsystem introduced with 1.8 contains these places and definitely not Devil's Castle.

• Berezino
  • Kamyshovo
  • Elektrozavodsk
  • Chernogorsk
  • Balota
  • Komarovo
  • Chernarus (Random)

If I'm not mistaken those are the ones. But no way anyone spawns up at Devil's and the closest (Berezino) is still atleast 20 minutes to run.

• Like 4

Then Devil's Castle along with other places must have been added by server admins that I played on. Gonna suggest then on that server forum to remove far north spawn points then and keep only coast spawn zones.

choose spawn location= bring your ass away from the crime scene

Thanks for using the search function, buddy.

Regardless of the repetitiveness of the thread, I completely agree; choosing a spawn absolutely 100% goes against everything Rocket got my support for saying. He said he wanted disorientation, confusion, distrust, not massive cross-map TeamSuck assholes making it IMPOSSIBLE to do ANYTHING in Eleketro/Cherno without five assholes respawning over and over again to fight you. >.>

spawn system sucks.

everytime i log on its a deathmatch in balota.

Ive once spent 2 hours with someone fighting over loot.

I kill him in Balota he spawns gets me.

I spawn kill him.

so on so forth.

Maybe you cant spawn at the same location twice in a row.

Maybe you have to spawn 1 time at every location before you can spawn in the same spot.

Maybe a 20 min timer on a spawn location. 

Edited by methr1k2dop3

At this point rocket is just doing whatever he wants.

I am sure he will be more carefull with SA

Choosing spawn location was the dumbest move by far.

It was obvious what was going to happen with it - precisely the bullshit that's going on now.

For some reason, the mod team decided that rather than play a zombie survival game, they wanted everyone to be able to play death match, because as we know, there are no death match FPS out there.

I don't understand the thinking behind this - why cater for the death match people when there's ton of those games already?

Choosing spawn location was the dumbest move by far.

It was obvious what was going to happen with it - precisely the bullshit that's going on now.

For some reason, the mod team decided that rather than play a zombie survival game, they wanted everyone to be able to play death match, because as we know, there are no death match FPS out there.

I don't understand the thinking behind this - why cater for the death match people when there's ton of those games already?

You've been going on about this in another thread already and had your questions answered. Why come up with this again? There's a system in place that just needs to be finished which won't allow you to respawn near where you died.