howichrgelazer

Server Tags Demystified: How To Find The Right Server

To figure out the legit server you're character is on, I would randomly join other servers and check your gear. Whichever server is consistant with your test joins should be the legit one.

Actually, go ahead and join US 10. I run that server and it's on the hive. You should be able to see what your gear is on there and match it to the legit server you normally play on. :)

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer
  • Like 1

Is it possible to toggle off white dots for players/entities nearby?

They're almost as bad as nametags for players that know to look for them...

Is it possible to toggle off white dots for players/entities nearby?

They're almost as bad as nametags for players that know to look for them...

There's no specific value in the difficulty for it. I think it's just part of the engine. Unless Mercenary/Expert removes them.

seems like many servers have wrong time declarations since 1.7.2 - at least this is what i noticed.

Time issues could possibly be related to desynchronization and low server side FPS. Rebooting often enough will help prevent that. :)

I noticed several servers with listed GMT's that were incorrect. Was there possibly a config file that was overwritten during a recent patch?

Also, I wish more admins would actually read this thread, and follow it. Far too many servers do not list GMT in their description. It would make finding a server much easier than load in and hope it's the time of day. I like where DayZCommander is going with listing the server time, but most often that information isn't made available.

DayZ - US 10 Chicago (v1.7.1.5/Beta 93965) [VETERAN 3DP:OFF][GMT-6] dayzmod.com - hosted by RageCageGaming.com

I see alot of servers I dont wish to play on I've got an idea to narrow the results by half (guessing).

when i filter I put "DayZ - US" this narrows it some but I get alot of different DayZ and Arma versions that i dont have.

If the standered naming went like this

DayZ (v1.7.1.5/Beta 93965) - US 10 Chicago [VETERAN 3DP:OFF][GMT-6] dayzmod.com - hosted by RageCageGaming.com

I could then filter "Dayz (v1.7.1.5/Beta 93965) - US" and most likely get half the results and find a server to play on much faster.

Please look into changeing this or some how beable to only show servers with your version of the game/mod

I see alot of servers I dont wish to play on I've got an idea to narrow the results by half (guessing).

when i filter I put "DayZ - US" this narrows it some but I get alot of different DayZ and Arma versions that i dont have.

If the standered naming went like this

DayZ (v1.7.1.5/Beta 93965) - US 10 Chicago [VETERAN 3DP:OFF][GMT-6] dayzmod.com - hosted by RageCageGaming.com

I could then filter "Dayz (v1.7.1.5/Beta 93965) - US" and most likely get half the results and find a server to play on much faster.

Please look into changeing this or some how beable to only show servers with your version of the game/mod

Interesting idea. However, you could also sort by ping to get areas closest to you first. :)

Are there any day only (night off) servers and if so how do I distinguish them?

Perma-day is not allowed.

Interesting idea. However, you could also sort by ping to get areas closest to you first. :)

Very true but was more interested in being able to filter Arma beta/DayZ versions then if needed country codes.

Best solution would be for dayz to make there own filter with options to hide/show different espects of there mod.

Edited by rhl958

Im finding that there are very few European servers that the GMT offset stated in the server title is actually correct.

Due to this and the fact that I tend to only get chance to play at night (when the kids are in bed), Im always running around in the dark :(

Could involve a lack of a recent reboot of the server or just low server FPS which causes time dilation. Or it may be an incorrect advertisement. My vote is on the former though.

At present there are very many servers running with tags not even remotely related to their true settings or software configuration.

I'd ask all the admins out there to please update them, you look fools showing such terribly bad banner lines.

And also, update the server-side software/install - to clear the user posted text and put the current info.

I also have a question concerning Server Tags.

Is Server Tag a true indicator of the physical location of a Server or not ?

If a Server is named like "DE 303 ...":

Is it for sure that this Servers location is Germany then or could it be that its physical location could be the UK ?

I see DayZ Servers on the

http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

that are shown to run on the same Host but with different Country-Tags (e.g. LU,FR,FI mixed).

Is there a policy to use a Country ID corresponding to the Country it runs on or is it just a suggestion ?

Thanks in advance,

L

Edited by Lou-Natic

They should be displaying the country name of the physical server's location. So if the server is in Germany it should be DE; if the server is in the United States of America it would be US, and so on.