Wayze

Thank you Dean Hall!

Haha, sure the bug-report is purely because we want to thank Dean and it's not like we can't spent a second to say "Thank you", no that is way to time consuming. And yeah, we report bugs to help the developers and not to make the game better.

I really don't think that he knows that the community stays behind him. He owes us exactly nothing. We play and pay for a game that we enjoy. We make advertisment for a game that we enjoy. We don't do this to help the devs, we do it because we like the game. Simple as that. Everything else would be a lie.

And like I said, what is so hard about saying thank you? Why not do it? Has Dean not deserved it? It takes you 2 seconds to write thank you, but no you better critizise why saying thank you is wrong? Where is the logic there?

Like I said, if I were rocket I would love to hear a "thank you!" from the people I care for. I know that feeling, because I develope small games by myself. Even if there are just 2 persons who say "thx man", I feel like a boss. Sure, Dean is over that. But I think if he sees 500 people saying thank you in a thread, that will motivate him as hell.

And in game development, motivation is a crutial thing. (which you don't care about, as you think that "bug-report" is so much more important)

I go even further, motivation is way more important then bug-report. I am not saying that bug-report is not important, but without motivation in the end the game will be a half finished piece of sh*t which did not use its full potential.

Like I said it takes everyone of us just a few seconds to write thank you, but the affect it would have if enough people do that would be great for Dean. Pretty egoistic of you, saying it would be meaningless. Actually if you wouldn't make it meaningless and if everyone of you would contribute to this simple, very fast concept, than it would be very meaningful. Atleast for Dean. Sure there are many that say thank you, but it's always just 5-10 persons. The rest is saying "Stop f*cking crawling in his as* you piece of sh*t!".

Human logic is sometimes a mystery to me.

The team creating DayZ is surely no small game indie group. DayZ is everything else but "small". It has huge success, there is no need for Dean to communicate with the community. He probably would even make more money if he wouldn't. Over a million sold copies, most developers don't give a sh*t about the community after 100.000 sold copies.

the team was pretty small that done the mod and avg size dev team of smaller games. even now there wont be that many probably 5-10 working on it i bet. dayz was big but at its current state its nothing like when at full hype. you may gain some of that back but i cant see half as many buying to start off maybe 100,000 if that. if the game does do well and the hype does build then maybe in a year you may go half a million if full hype train is on.thats a highly hopeful guestmate aswell as most game companies are literally one game away from being bankrupt !

thats pc sales not including consoles which depending on which they choose could make the game a massive seller. consoles = mega bucks and it will come on one of them guarenteed ! most likely ps4 at moment.

what you need to remember is rockets probably had his money  for the project and has to finish it an sell it then BI will probably get all the sales or most of it maybe royalities or something. so rockets just like a employee heading this project. or maybe heading it. who knows but he and the contract.will be interesting when this game is done what hell do next . will he just carry on working on arma titles or do something else.

MGS went so rapidly down hill after the first one.

MGS2 was okay, Snake Eater was a bit 'meh' and MGS4 was more like watching an episode of Dragonball-Z than playing an MGS game.

Honestly, I don't think the new one will be worth spending 500 quid on a console for. :huh:

Snake Eater > MGS1 > MGS4 > MGS2

But if you look at MGO from MGS4 it is definitly the best game. Hardcore, absolutly innovative and best community ever seen (f*ck DayZ in that matter). Was probably the best multiplayer expirience I ever had before DayZ and after Monster Hunter 1 (PS2).

And yes, the new one will be worth spending 1000$ + my soul.

the team was pretty small that done the mod and avg size dev team of smaller games. even now there wont be that many probably 5-10 working on it i bet. dayz was big but at its current state its nothing like when at full hype. you may gain some of that back but i cant see half as many buying to start off maybe 100,000 if that. if the game does do well and the hype does build then maybe in a year you may go half a million if full hype train is on.thats a highly hopeful guestmate aswell as most game companies are literally one game away from being bankrupt !

thats pc sales not including consoles which depending on which they choose could make the game a massive seller. consoles = mega bucks and it will come on one of them guarenteed ! most likely ps4 at moment.

what you need to remember is rockets probably had his money  for the project and has to finish it an sell it then BI will probably get all the sales or most of it maybe royalities or something. so rockets just like a employee heading this project. or maybe heading it. who knows but he and the contract.will be interesting when this game is done what hell do next . will he just carry on working on arma titles or do something else.

Many assumptions and I disagree with most of them. I think DayZ SA will be a huge success. There are more people working on the project than 5-10. My guess is 10-30. The hype is still up, I hear many people talking about the SA that I never thought would even play the mod. This game is huge and even if it isn't that is not the point. The game was huge and after huge successes people tend to get ignorant about their community. That did not happen with the SA.

Again, do you think Dean has not deserved a simple thank you?

Edited by Wayze

no one argues with a thank you its how you put the thank you across ;)

also there wont be that much of a big team working on this well not paid people maybe modders and others who do shit for free but the team wont be that big who are paid . this game is relitivly small. the game "was " huge that hype has been and gone now so it either needs to be rebuilt up which unless its such a rework and new game i cant see that hype getting to those type of number again because weve played the idea already.

first is always best ! second attempt will be slicker but the simple idea that started will always be the best because it was fresh noone had played it and it was just a idea being played and developed. you can make that magic happen or programme it ! rocket knows that and has said it wont do big numbers which i dont think it will either unless the whole of the dayz crowd and all press gets behind it.

no one argues with a thank you its how you put the thank you across ;)

also there wont be that much of a big team working on this well not paid people maybe modders and others who do shit for free but the team wont be that big who are paid . this game is relitivly small. the game "was " huge that hype has been and gone now so it either needs to be rebuilt up which unless its such a rework and new game i cant see that hype getting to those type of number again because weve played the idea already.

first is always best ! second attempt will be slicker but the simple idea that started will always be the best because it was fresh noone had played it and it was just a idea being played and developed. you can make that magic happen or programme it ! rocket knows that and has said it wont do big numbers which i dont think it will either unless the whole of the dayz crowd and all press gets behind it.

First is always best? Ah, that is why Call of Duty is selling worse and worse every year. ;)

And you forgot that there is no DayZ Game, there is just a Mod. As previous expiriences have shown, the full games always turn out to have way more success.

How I put my thank you across? Well, I think my version is better than your "F*ck you as*crawler, id*ot son of a b*tch, you will never get the SA!"-Version.

First is always best? Ah, that is why Call of Duty is selling worse and worse every year. ;)

And you forgot that there is no DayZ Game, there is just a Mod. As previous expiriences have shown, the full games always turn out to have way more success.

How I put my thank you across? Well, I think my version is better than your "F*ck you as*crawler, id*ot son of a b*tch, you will never get the SA!"-Version.

i meant the first instance is always the best because all of the originality goes into getting the first noticed and out there after that its often recycled ideas so not as creative or imaginitive or fun. this works for all art music films and games. 1 is always best.

also cod 1 is considered to be the best lol. not selling wise but playingwise ;) . so as said SA wont do the numbers we have with the mod for a year if at all.

if we dont get the SA we dont get it. i wont cry at night. its a game ! i do love Dayz but so many worship devs for doing a job . maybe we should worship mcDonald workers the same :lol:

Edited by dgeesio

i meant the first instance is always the best because all of the originality goes into getting the first noticed and out there after that its often recycled ideas so not as creative or imaginitive or fun. this works for all art music films and games. 1 is always best.

also cod 1 is considered to be the best lol. not selling wise but playingwise ;) . so as said SA wont do the numbers we have with the mod for a year if at all.

if we dont get the SA we dont get it. i wont cry at night. its a game ! i do love Dayz but so many worship devs for doing a job . maybe we should worship mcDonald workers the same :lol:

McDonalds sucks.

• Like 1

rocket:

Wouldn't you rather the people developing your game were excited about it? What's the best part about having exciting news? How great does it feel to tell someone who you solve something you've been working long hours on?

Doing these things has a great impact on morale, and it is a powerful motivator because you see instant positive feedback from people about your work. In the 'old days' it could be months or years before someone would see your work, and you'd rarely ever come in contact with it.

See how important morale is for development? A simple thank you can help ALOT if it comes from the right people. Sure me alone, I won't have any significant impact but if half the forum does I think Dean could notice and it would surely help him.

But it looks like you all just don't care and your ego is just too big to say thank you Dean. Well maybe it's not, but that is how it looks to me.