Sign in to follow this  
782B

super horde

hi I know sweet F A about computer programming and such so this is probably fairly pie in the sky! but could it be possible to generate super hordes at random on the map? Maybe 10 minutes from server restart zombies could stop spawning everywhere else, meanwhile 1 player chosen at random would suddenly find zombies in around the 200+ number start generating in their immediate area. I've read about this in the zombie books and it always seemed exciting as running away, hiding, escaping in a vehicle or expending all live rounds before being over whelmed seemed the only solutions!

someone probably came up with this idea before anyway let me know if this is so and i will remove the thread.

Edited by 782B

If this was the case, players would log out at 11 minutes for server restart, short answer: this will never happen.

Im a big fan of the horde suggestions, yea its been raised a few times before but most good ideas are. Not so sure about having it at set periods such as end of server cycles but at least you're trying to tackle the resources issue that would be one of the hurdles of such an idea. Personally I hope we do see large hordes of zombies on the map in both the mod and the full release at some point. 

Haven't hordes been confirmed?

gregarious behaviour at least, i think.

If this was the case, players would log out at 11 minutes for server restart, short answer: this will never happen.

Let them! hardly a good reason the rest of us cant have fun jeez!

I don't see the point of having it before server restart.  Also suddenly spawning zombies everywhere sounds very cheap and i doubt it will be fun.  I would rather the horde be a persistent horde that you can SEE coming.  

Edited by harley001

I don't like the idea of it being targeted at specific players before a server restart, but I think having large hordes at specific places (such as military loot spawn locations) would give players more of a challenge getting geared up. 

I also think it would be interesting if zombies could surround a player, or the building that a player is inside, and maybe also have the ability to grab players rather than just taking a swipe at them. 

• Like 1

Its been (kind of) confirmed by rocket in videos.

At one point, he said they might make it so they head to players who arn't moving out of a certain area. Goodby snipers!

Its been (kind of) confirmed by rocket in videos.

At one point, he said they might make it so they head to players who arn't moving out of a certain area. Goodby snipers!

I don't think it should necessarily be towards players that aren't moving---that would be kinda annoying if you had to answer a phone call or something whilst playing.

I do think that people staying in one place and making a lot of noise (i.e. firing a gun) should find themselves surrounded by zombies. I don't wish to see snipers eliminated completely by such a mechanic (cause sniping is fun after all), but it should make them more tactical and move after making each shot rather than just camping up and shooting loads. 

Well yeah, thats what i meant. What rocket said was more along the lines of "Higher chance of a hoard coming through their baae camp." So if your like running from tent to tent, gearing up for a half hour or so, zombies may come to see what all the movement is. But i'de guess if your lying on the ground in a ghillie, you'de be fine.

But they want to reduce PVP/KOS and maje actaul survival bigger, but i'm asauming snipers won't be damaging their Super-rare DMR and even rarer ammo against fresh spawns as they do now for "Fun"

Hordes would be sweet.

Interesting suggestion on making that happen.

I doubt this would happen tho.