Sign in to follow this  
DMZ_Sniper

DayZ: The Neutral Adventures

I will post this here, since it is media...sort of...

This is a story in written form, using screenshots to clarify a few things.

I play on awkack.org.

This is not really a recent story, but if this gets a little attention, I will post far more. There are about 4 more of this pages that are ready, I just didn't want to make this too TL;DR or spam the forum with 5 topics.

Have fun!

So, hereby a small beginning of a hopefully fun and long journey.
I'm DMZ, a player on AWA #1 mostly, and I'm a neutral guy. Like really, neutral. Sort of a merc and independent medic guy. And these are my adventures. They will be in writing form with some screenshots, but may evolve into videos if there is enough interest.

Day #15
Spawned in Cherno after dying yet again to some sniper up north. I had died many times that day, and it was getting to me. One part wanted to go rage and be the bandit everyone feared, the other part told me to stop caring and do what I came here to do: help people.

On my journey through the ghost town that was Cherno at the time, I happened to come across two ghillie suits, about fifteen bloodbags and various other assorted medical supplies. Having picked up a rusty old Enfield from the body of an unfortunate bandit, I sent out a request on my magical fairy radio that there was free medical help available in Cherno. People wondered what tricks I was playing, people did not believe me, and understandably so. My reputation in this harsh world was non existent at the moment.

Having received no response to my call, I headed for the medical tents, where I took shelter in a carefully crafted hiding spot and waited. Sure enough, after five or so minutes a little bambi bandit came running in, looking for some sort of firearm to do his dirty work with. I carefully placed the sights of my Enfield on his head and squeezed the old rusty trigger. The loud, dinnerbell shot sounded and the bandit dropped dead.

My shooting had attracted another bambi to the scene, a young and restless individual named Tipsy. From the safety of my hiding place, I yelled at him to drop his gun, while keeping careful aim at his body. Tipsy, to my relief, obeyed and dropped his gun, looking directly at me. After asking him if he needed any help and getting a positive response, I moved from my hiding spot and shook hands with the man in the bandit skin. We ran off towards the northern treeline.

Tipsy had a friend by the name of Squirrel running around in Chernogorsk as well (so much for a ghost town), so we waited in the treeline for the friend to arrive, I offered Tipsy one of my ghillie suits and a bloodbag, both of which he accepted. As Squirrel arrived, we all hit the deck as a Humvee drove by, followed by loud accusations of wall hacks and cheats in the sidechat. Waiting until it was out of sight, we moved further north to get away from the big dangerous cities. Squirrel received my second ghillie suit, which involved me publicly undressing in front of him. Very embarrassing to say the least. Both of the bambies got a ghillie and full medical treatment. I took a picture of the two lovebirds as they sat in the grass:

2013-05-26_00001.jpg
2013-05-26_00002.jpg

Aren't they cute?

We proceeded to head up north, as I was to be the duo's medic. Little did we know, that minutes later we would get ambushed by the people owning the Humvee we had seen earlier. How they found us remains a mystery to this day, but the accusations of wallhacking and other forms of cheating gained some ground in my mind. The Humvee operators, KJ clan, proceeded to surround us and wait the outcome out. A single daring maneuver I pulled ended up in my death.

After coming to my senses on the coast, near a small airfield and gearing up for the upcoming fight, I noticed this friendly guy:

2013-05-26_00003.jpg

Who knew zombies were this friendly?

I noticed a bandit running towards the air control tower. Fearing the worst, I sprinted in after him in the hopes of preventing any one-sided shootouts. The bandit managed to pick up his gun, but didn't shoot. Instead, he waved at me and said 'Hi!'. I responded and quickly came to the conclusion that this bandit was in fact a Russian comrade. Using my native Russian language, we talked and got familiar with each other, before heading out towards the barn Tipsy and Squirrel were pinned down in.

And sure enough, as we stepped out of the airfield, the familiar sound of the Humvee coming up in front of us greeted me. We had no chance of stopping the vehicle, me with 16 slugs for a shotgun and my Russian friend with an assault rifle, but no ammunition for it. We ran from the Humvee until we stopped hearing the sound, then ran once again towards the barn.

As we almost reached the barn, Tipsy got shot by one of the KJ members, but not before taking out one of theirs as well. The enemy team was deadly accurate, seemingly knowing the positions of Tipsy and Squirrel no matter what obstacle was between them, even walls. It smelled fishy. Regardless, once we arrived at the barn, we witnessed the Humvee driving off and the bodies of our teammates, gone. A very one sided battle at that.

Back in Cherno we met up with Tipsy and Squirrel and a few more comrades from the Eastern Block. The radio frequency was getting a little saturated, so the  comrades went on to form their own team, as I stayed with Tipsy and Squirrel. A long walk behind us, we arrived at Stary. I wanted to discuss tactics, but the rest of the team felt like YOLOing and ran up on sniper hill. Thirty-two seconds and fifteen DMR shots later both were down. I shot one of the attackers with my enfield, before getting knocked out unconscious by the more experienced bandit. As I woke up, the bandit was gone. I pick up a DMR from the guy I shot, James, and went into Stary to get some distance between me and the sniper, before falling asleep in a bush.

When I woke up, Stary was still clear, but I wanted to be sure. As I positioned myself in a bush, I heard something moving right next to me. I froze in place, thinking I may have imagined it. Going prone ended up showing me two feet and the barrel of an AK being shoved in my face before the operator pulled the trigger. Dead once again.

The respawn was in Kamenka, but as I happened to be searching the houses, a friendly pilot in a Little Bird came along and gave me a ride. Unfortunately, one that ended in me dying due to not careful exiting.

The next respawn was in Komarovo, and upon finding a fully functioning Volga at the coast, I waited for the driver to come back before asking for a lift. He agreed and we were on our way. After some rough bits we drive the car all the way to Stary and proceeded to check the military tents for arms. A bit disappointed at first, we happened to stumble upon the body of one of them, which held most of the gear he used to carry, including a DMR. Spirits lifted, we proceeded to the North West Airfield to find some heavier hardware.

As we parked the car and approached the south Barracks,  two bambies, a girl and a boy (lovers if you ask me) without weapons revealed themselves, asking not to shoot them. I complied and asked them to put down their weapons, which they did. After the server restart we would meet again.

One restart later we found the bambies running towards a helicopter crash site in the middle of the airfield. I chased them as my team held guard, ready to fire if anything went wrong. I patched up the bambies where needed and asked to take a few items from the crashsite before bidding them farewell and heading back out. One ghillie and a heavy machine gun later I noted that this was a first for me:

Two independent groups at the North West Airfield were scavenging it together, instead of murdering each other. As one of the two died to a horrible accident at the ATC,  the woman, aptly named Lewis, ran off into the wilderness, possibly to mourn the loss of her companion. We stayed at the airfield for a bit longer, when Lewis notified us that she had found our car and had stolen it.

Now, I'm not an angry person. Never have been. I was rather disappointed in the fact that me and my team had let the two live and roam freely, giving them ample opportunity to shoot us. I bandaged them, gave any needed medical supplies, and in return Lewis stole our car. A conversation later Lewis seemed to agree to bring the car back if we let her live. My companions were itching to practice on her after she stole the car, but we agreed we wouldn't kill her if the car was back soon. After setting the meeting place and Lewis placing increasingly ridiculous limits on us, we prepared:

2013-05-27_00001.jpg

Most of these deals end up in ambushes or simply don't happen at all. This was also the case here. Lewis never showed her face. We ended up retiring to the woodland, roaming it and enjoying our dinner, cooked Mutton Raw:

2013-05-27_00003.jpg
2013-05-27_00004.jpg

After dinner, I took my camera and shot some nice pictures in the darkness, only illuminated by flares, our campfire and the glint in our eyes:

2013-05-27_00005.jpg
2013-05-27_00006.jpg
2013-05-27_00007.jpg

We of  course all noted the effect of holding flares while using flashlights:
2013-05-27_00002.jpg

• Like 3

Skipped all of it because im lazy and read the last line.

Nice storytelling. I gotta say you know English well for someone with it as a second language!

Also your stories had hints of realism here and there, with some comedy which I appreciated. Thanks for the entertainment.

I do actually have more of these. Now just wait until the spam timer runs out.

Also, do I know you? ;)

Day #17
As I wore my hero skin and arrived in Cherno, I heard reports of a sniper killing people there. Immediately spotted the sniper on the roof of the highest building. I yelled at him for a few minutes, ridiculing his skills as I lined up my scope. The sniper didn't show his head after that, so I went to investigate. After reaching the roof, I couldn't find the sniper anymore, so I laid an ambush. A stupid idea, looking at it now. Here I am, waiting for the bandit to come back:
2013-05-27_00008.jpg

As he didn't come back, I heard bandits firing in Cherno, so I used my roof position to scout out thm and fire off some shots. They noticed me immediately, and I carelessly approached the ladder I used to get up to the roof. Two DMR shots later my body fell down to the ground.

As I respawned, the rain reminded me of how cruel this world was:
2013-05-28_00001.jpg

As I found shelter in an old industrial building, I found the remains of the massacre of some poor zombies:
2013-05-28_00002.jpg
I buried their bodies and said my prayers. For the rest of my trip through Solnichniy no zombie bothered me, no matter how close I came to them. Perhaps they do have brotherhoods?

I moved further, to Berezino, picking up supplies where needed. I found a single working restroom, but someone had already used it:
2013-05-28_00003.jpg

The scavenging of Berezino gave me enough medical supplies and an old Enfield I could use. The question of music came up in the continental radio broadcasts:
2013-05-28_00004.jpg

After that banter I went further up north and came across a pig, which I promptly sacrificed for some delicious bacon:
2013-05-28_00005.jpg

With the taste of bacon fresh in my mouth, I arrived north, at the airfield. It was clear, so I used my art school positioning skills to take pictures:
2013-05-28_00006.jpg

At the barracks, I found no proper weapons, so I carried all the trash outside for a vagabond fire later. I put a tank trap at the front door in case bambies would try to use dangerous guns and kill themselves. As I visited the radio tower to the north-east and went back, I noticed a little bambi screwing around with my tank trap, unable to remove it. As the bambi went into the hangar, I made a beeline for it, hoping to make some friendly contact. Alas, my sudden entry scared the little guy, who unloaded his AK-74 clip into me. Death by fear.

As a couple of spirits brought me back to life at the coast, I soon found it was night. But fortune favoured me, as I found a Czech backpack and a SA-58V rifle once again. I went to the Church to pray for the bambies and noticed a Ghillie entering after me. With only a pistol, the bambi attacked me, and was met with the loud fire of the SA, gunning him down in seconds. I was never hit. A bandit poked his head into the doors of the church soon after, only to run just as fast from the hail of rounds coming his way.

The gods didn't like me killing the ghillie bambi, as my humanity took a drop. My heroic outfit would only stay with me for this life only. I exited the church to find bambies dead all around it. Not even 50 meters from the church, another suicidal attack by a bambi with an Enfield. Riku, the bambi in question, couldn't get a shot lined up, so I gunned him down as well. I had no choice, but yet again the gods didn't like me killing new arrivals. I had lost 4000 humanity in the space of two minutes. My hero outfit was ripped from me on the next restart.

'Being a legitimate bandit is trivial, but being a legitimate hero is hard work.'

Night fell quickly in Elektro, as I headed away from the city, fully supplied:
2013-05-29_00002.jpg

I lit up some barns with flares and had dinner there, the leftovers of my bacon:
2013-05-29_00003.jpg

Little by little, I made my way to Cherno. There, I saw some international banter in a house lit up by flares, as Hog, Stripe and Phoenix tried to survive at night. But as unfortune struck, a little bambi bandit by the name of hzs killer snuck inside and started shooting, seemingly to help them. As I entered the building and offered medical assistance, he started shooting me. Maybe he was holding his first gun, but killer missed me with his winchester at point blank. I ran out as Hog and Stripe were screaming who was shooting. Killer got shot by one of them as he went upstairs.

Stripe and me waited for Hog, who had died, to come back and pick up his gear. Killer had unknowingly snuck back to us and started shooting from the window of the second floor. I died after some missing shots, as Stripe panicked and ran around trying to spot the killer.

I found myself in Cherno right away and sprinted back to the combat site. The bandit was looting my body as Stripe still didn't know where he was. After some confusion I told him where the bandit was and Stripe managed to knock him out with an Enfield shot. I ran over to my body with a horde of zombies, grabbed my Enfield and ran over to the bandit, putting a second bullet in his skull, finishing the job.

By now we had attracted dozens of zombies, making getting gear from the bodies a near impossible task. We managed to do it regardless and regrouped by the hotel. Cherno was lit up by flares that Stripe threw, something I wasn't fond of. I met up with Hog at the Fire station and waited. Someone was walking around outside, so I went out and checked. As I was inside a house, I saw a figure coming in behind me. Immediately I turned and fired the Enfield, breaking a leg and hearing screams outside. A few AK shots  and silence resumed.

The guy I shot turned out to be Stripe, who asked for help afterwards. After some running I found him and gave him a bloodbag. He left my company short after, as I joined up with Phoenix to go meet Hog in Elektro.
We ran for a long time in total darkness, but as we finally arrived, Hog mysteriously died. We had lost all contact. Keeping our spirits up, we spent some time looting Elektro. In an unfortunate accident I shot Phoenix through the head. As he made his way back to me, I found some goods for him to take along. As I gave him one last bloodbag before he left, I found that the gods had granted me my hero suit once again.

A new day was about to begin...

• Like 1

I enjoyed the stories very much, if you want to post more you will always have my beans!

I am baffled at your ability to focus and type all this out

I am a writer at heart, so this is one of my lesser works :D

Day #18

I was back at the coast, gathering some supplies to have with me before I headed out for bambi watch. I took my position on top of the church to watch for bandits:
2013-05-29_00005.jpg

Some time later, having seen no dangerous activity in Elektro, I went back down, but alas, the most unfortunate thing happened: I slipped while stepping on the ladder and was crushed by the spirits in the church, who dragged me in. I came to pay my respects to myself a while later, noting the cruelty of the experience:
2013-05-29_00006.jpg

Tipsy came into contact with me again, saying he and some of his team would be coming down to the city to manage the ever present sniper threat. I agreed to meet him north of the city and headed there:
2013-05-29_00007.jpg

What followed was a hectic and massive firefight between Tipsy and two of his teammates on Sniper Hill and four other enemies west of it, notably from the HZS clan.  I was assisting the group that was one man short, taking down a few of the attackers in the process. Alas, it was not meant to be, as both Tipsy and me got shot shortly after we thought to have taken care of all the enemies in the area.

As I came by on the coast once again, I simply headed inland, avoiding all the ruckus in the main cities. The rain was piercing my clothing, I felt miserable, but somehow, I had the feeling this world liked me just a little:
2013-05-29_00008.jpg
2013-05-29_00009.jpg

I had made my way back down to Cherno once again and got all needed supplies. Hearing some of the tensions between the rest of the inhabitants of the wasteland, I proposed a trade to a group in possession of a helicopter and some heavy firepower. I was to get some parts for them, and in return I would be granted immunity for the time being. A short while later I notified them I had some of the needed parts, to which a helicopter came and picked me up with the parts. After dropping me off an an industrial area, the bird went to refuel, while I got the parts together.
My hero suit was lost in the waters of the ocean, I'd have to find another one some time soon. Night fell as I radioed in that I had more parts. Black and his team, nicknamed the Big Bird, came again to pick me up. I dropped the glass that I gathered in the helicopter and requested a transfer to the North West Airfield. As we leisurely chatted (why is almost everyone I meet British?) we arrived at the destination and I parachuted out onto an empty airfield.

Scouting the barracks gave me little useable loot, but I did come across a main rotor assembly, which Bird Bird would gladly pick up. Identifying myself as Elmo, I called it in and delivered the part. Just a single panel of windscreen glass was needed to complete my contract.

Big Bird(Well, technically Little Bird by that moment) and his team weren't sitting still. Even before my contract was complete, they fixed an old Russian UAZ and gifted it to me:
2013-05-30_00001.jpg
Overjoyed with my new found vehicle(Russian cars are still the best), I headed south to Stary, to see if there was any gun I could find. Meanwhile, the backorder I placed with the Chinese for the windscreen glass finally arrived. One more radio call and Bird(yes, i'll just call it Bird for now) arrived to pick up the last part. My immunity was granted and I headed back to the coast in my UAZ to get refueled and sleep.

Morning came and I woke up next to the jeep, still in the same place I left it. I refueled the gas tank and started my journey north, by the edges of the explored map. It didn't take long for me to find a bus with no wheels in the middle of a field. Who drove it here and more importantly, why, remained a mystery. I continued north and came across this little thing:
2013-05-30_00002.jpg

In working condition, but badly beaten up. Tipsy radioed in that he once again needed a pickup, and I took the Humvee back to the coast to pick him and friends up:
2013-05-30_00003.jpg

Once I had picked them up and dropped off at my former UAZ, I stocked up on fuel and went north yet again, determined to reach the end of known land:
2013-05-30_00004.jpg

I rode for hours on end, enjoying the peace and serenity of the bushes (when the engine of this tank I was driving wasn't deafening me), when I noticed something strange:
2013-05-30_00005.jpg

Up close it was a rather strange phenomenon, as the parachute was empty and moved back and forth:
2013-05-30_00006.jpg
2013-05-30_00007.jpg
2013-05-30_00008.jpg
2013-05-30_00009.jpg
2013-05-30_00010.jpg

Not wanting to disturb whatever ghosts were playing there, I quickly rode off into the sunset, so to speak. A view briefly caught my eye, so I stopped and dust off my camera to take some shots. I was rather impressed by the smoke clouds a Humvee leaves:
2013-05-30_00011.jpg
2013-05-30_00013.jpg

Further and further, I reached the marshes of no return and turned to drive along the coast. In a small inham and further out in the sea, I spotted no less than four PBX's, a small luxury boat and a fishing boat.
2013-05-30_00014.jpg

I took the scenic route around the fjord, looking around for any more surprises:
2013-05-30_00015.jpg

The inside of the Humvee was nice and comfortable, plus I had a nice breeze, since the truck didn't have front windows:
2013-05-30_00016.jpg

However, due to some unforeseen events, the Humvee turned into a submarine and sank to the bottom of the fjord, rendering it unusable. I continued on foot, and had to almost go "Aww" when I saw this little guy teaching himself how to swim:
2013-05-30_00017.jpg

Further along the coast, PBX No. 3 and 4:
2013-05-30_00018.jpg

I headed more inland, towards the castle hill overlooking North East Arfield. I ate some bananas that I recently found in one of the boats, en enjoyed the breeze before heading down. But alas, my carelessness had come right back to me, as I slipped on a banana peel and plummeted towards the bottom of the tower, dying instantly.

I came back to Cherno yet again(getting tired of this) and went straight for the hospital, when I met this guy:
2013-05-30_00020.jpg

Yeah, that zombie over there is Nature's way of reminding you that you are her bitch. He just phased through the hospital doors and walls, instantly breaking my legs and leaving me with only half my normal blood supply. Fortunately, I soon got contacted by another hero who needed some medical help. We helped each other and he gave me his spare hero outfit, just dry cleaned at Zombie Cleaning Inc. Unfortunately, as I checked the hospital roof, I got shot by a sniper:
2013-05-30_00021.jpg

I used a resurrection ritual to get back on the coast and ran back to Cherno to find and deal with the sniper.
2013-05-30_00022.jpg

Some time later I arrived in Cherno, only to find three little bambi bandits hiding on top of the highest building in Cherno with big guns. Due to terrible aim from their side I was able to get up near them and we engaged in a long drawn out staring contest:
2013-05-30_00024.jpg
Staring contest:
DMZ: 1
BIT's : 0

As they tried various bambi tactics, I managed to inflict some swift hatchet justice on them, scaring them back up.
The second staring contest was even less challenging, as I didn't take any bait they threw at me:
2013-05-30_00025.jpg

DMZ: 2
BIT's: 0

Finally, their best man came forward for the staredown, and this was a challenge:
2013-05-30_00026.jpg

But, as all bambies and BIT's do, they start playing unfair. One of them had climbed down during the staring contest and started tickling me to death. Overall, I won the staring tournament.

During the evening, it was time to head north and enjoy the sunsets AWA offers:
2013-05-31_00001.jpg
2013-05-31_00002.jpg

I came across the North West Airfield and checked it, not finding anything of value. I spent some time enjoying the looks of the M9SD:
2013-05-31_00003.jpg
2013-05-31_00004.jpg
2013-05-31_00005.jpg

And as the story requires, once I set foot outside of cover, I received a bullet to the head from a trained winchester marksman. Time  to open that black ritual book again.

Edited by DMZ_Sniper

Day #19
Yet again I find myself on the coast with nothing. The gods quickly remedy the irritation by offering me the ultimate in bambi troll material: tank traps and a toolbox to place them. I took both before heading for the airfield to check for some weapons. As I approached, a little bambi wannabe bandit started shooting at me. His aim was off by a bit, so I started approaching him and zigzagging, while tightly gripping my axe. Alas, the little bambi found his aim soon enough, pulling full automatic at close range. I dropped to the floor with a faint smile.

On the next respawn I found I now had the body of a girl. Perhaps something went wrong with the black magic ritual, but for now, this was my form. I checked the airfield and headed to Cherno, where Tipsy and crew said they'd found a Little Bird parked on top of the town hall. Covered by the team, I checked the helicopter. It was completely broken, but not unfixable. My years as a leasure pilot had taught me to fix these kinds of aircraft. I almost fell to my death when I exited the helicopter on the wrong side:
arma2oa2013-05-3118-54-01-313.jpeg

A few hours later I had fixed the helicopter and flew it over to the fuel pad of the military hospital to refuel:
arma2oa2013-05-3119-11-36-949.jpeg

After the long and tedious task, we finally had an operational helicopter! Tipsy boarded the chopper and I flew us far north, in search of bases and hidden vehicles. And sure enough, on the north-eastern corner of the known map, on a hill:
arma2oa2013-05-3120-32-44-475.jpeg

Tipsy was afraid to fly the Huey, since the engine wasn't in the best of states, so we left the helicopter for what it was and headed west across the northern part of the map. Tipsy noted a small light vehicle on the north-western corner of the map, which I shortly thereafter acknowledged. We landed and found a small camp with a beige UAZ and two tents. The tents and the car contained some really good weapons: MK48's Mod 0's, M40A3, M4A3 CCO SD and lots of other stuff. We raided the camp and using our newfound toys, the machineguns, riddled the UAZ with holes until it burned.

Flying over an industrial compound, I spotted something very rare: A yellow URAL truck by a building. After landing, we found it was missing two wheels, one of which was in the truck. The camp we had just raided contained the other wheels, which we used to fix the truck. Tipsy hid it nearby and requested to be flown back to the Huey we found, detouring through Polana factory.

We arrived at the Huey and I helped Tipsy get it operational, before saluting him as he took off. I boarded my own little bug and flew back to refuel:
arma2oa2013-05-3120-37-29-531.jpeg
arma2oa2013-05-3120-39-41-582.jpeg
arma2oa2013-05-3120-49-45-172.jpeg

Unfortunately, the auto-hover malfunctioned(never trust automatic technology), sending my helicopter crashing when I tried to lift off. Fortunately, it didn't explode, but the fuel leaked out almost immediately, bringing the bird to the same state that I found it in Cherno.

I used the time until the server restart to play around with my M9, enjoying its looks:
arma2oa2013-05-3121-06-30-142.jpeg

After the server was back, I headed out to get the URAL that Tipsy hid earlier, figuring it would be my best chance to find some industrial parts at the North West Airfield:
arma2oa2013-05-3121-13-56-348.jpeg
arma2oa2013-05-3121-15-47-502.jpeg

As I approached the airfield through the forest, I noticed a military UAZ hidden in a tree. Checking the gear I found nothing of real use to me, but a vehicle like this is often owned by bandits, so I used my Mk48 to blow the car to smithereens and quickly headed out:
arma2oa2013-05-3121-20-30-380.jpeg

Tipsy messaged me that he and the rest of his crew had just died to a helicopter crash at the camp we were earlier, due to once again, the autohover malfunctioning. I headed out to pick up their gear and bring it back to them:
arma2oa2013-05-3121-40-36-175.jpeg

The URAL had little fuel, which, combined with my chosen route down to the coast, proved to be a rather dumb choice:
arma2oa2013-05-3122-38-54-718.jpeg

I ran out of fuel inches from a road and radioed in for some help with fuel. KJ, the alleged hacker clan from Day #15, responded that they might have some fuel for me. Meanwhile, Tipsy and his crew came back and got their gear from the truck, planning on setting up an ambush on KJ once they came to my rescue. After threatening with the belt, they backed off and went on their way.

KJ had almost made their way to me, when they got ambushed and massacred. I still had no fuel, and no chances of getting any help now, so I left the truck and went to get some fuel myself:
arma2oa2013-05-3123-02-14-355.jpeg

As I ran towards Kamenka, I spotted this duo of a hero chasing a bandit with an axe:
arma2oa2013-05-3123-06-06-506.jpeg

They approached me and suddenly, the bandit pulled his silenced sidearm and shot me in the head, quickly dropping me.

I respawned at Kamenka, as fate would have it, I was a man again. But just as I started running towards my URAL again...:
arma2oa2013-05-3123-13-00-459.jpeg
arma2oa2013-05-3123-13-07-230.jpeg

I slowed down to a walk and started walking to my death like a man as the group spotted me. Armed with my weapons, they surrounded me, but didn't shoot. We started talking. Pretty soon I found out that this rag-tag group was, in fact, KJ, who had come to help me. They returned my weapons and apologized for my death, clarifying it as a mistake.

With my Mk48 and M4A3 CCO SD returned, I headed back for my truck, as KJ radioed in that they were still planning on bringing fuel to me. A few minutes later I heard the rumble of a boat next to me, and the KJ clan joined me on my way to the URAL. Once there, I refueled it with one jerry can and we all headed to Komarovo to get further fuel:
arma2oa2013-05-3123-40-13-326.jpeg

Once there, KJ decided they were afraid of the rats that infested the area and took refuge on the truck, shaking in fear:
arma2oa2013-05-3123-40-42-931.jpeg
arma2oa2013-05-3123-40-52-459.jpeg

They finally agreed to come back into the truck once I was done fueling it. We headed to Zelenogorsk, as per their request. Quite literally, we were riding into the sunset:
arma2oa2013-05-3123-44-21-995.jpeg
arma2oa2013-05-3123-46-31-644.jpeg

I dropped KJ off by the supermarket and headed off as they needed no further help. On the URAL radio, a call for help came in from one Mantas, promising weapons in exchange for a pickup. Reluctant at first I went to pick him up anyway. A short time later, Mantas and I met. He was hungry and cold, so I offered him a ride in my truck, which I convenietly named 'Tommy'. We drove on to Polana factory to get some parts for my Little Bird, when we came across a military UAZ in perfect condition. Taz the UAZ was born:
arma2oa2013-06-0100-25-43-069.jpeg

Mantas and I headed further, when he spotted a heli crash site to our left. I noted the crash as well and drove to it, but somehow I couldn't see Mantas, and he couldn't see me. We wondered what the disrepancy was, until I noted that I found something at the crash site that Mantas was sure he couldn't see. Only then did we realize that we were, in fact, looting two separate crashsites, not 200m from each other, thinking it was just one. The mystery of our invisibility was solved!

After picking up the guns and ammunition from the crash sites (MK 48 Mod 0, M24, M249, 20 STANAG, 10 STANAG SD, NVG, M14 AIM) we headed to the factory to refuel:
arma2oa2013-06-0100-46-25-384.jpeg

And we left in our little convoy for Berezino to get some medical supplies:
arma2oa2013-06-0100-56-14-142.jpeg

After we were done getting medical supplies, Mantas said goodbye after one last photo:
arma2oa2013-06-0101-09-11-183.jpeg

He drove off to hide Taz and I drove away with Tommy. Hiding him in the forest, I requested a lookout for it, so it might not be stolen. Time to go sleep and hope Tommy will be there the next morning:
arma2oa2013-06-0101-22-08-781.jpeg
arma2oa2013-06-0101-23-53-563.jpeg