Confus

Non-enterable Houses

Currently, the only houses that spawn any loot are the ones that are enterable. This effectively makes most houses useless except for decoration. As a result, many small towns aren't even worth checking out because there are little to no enterable buildings.

I propose a solution: for non-enterable houses, one loot spawn has a chance to spawn in front of the main door. The spawn chance of a loot pile would be smaller than the spawn chances of enterable buildings.

Alternatively, there could be an option in the action menu, when approaching a non-enterable house, to "loot house." This assumes that the un-enterable houses are barricaded up. It would require a large melee weapon such as an axe or a crowbar, and would take 30 seconds to perform (with you standing outside performing some animation the whole time), as well as potentially making zombies more attracted towards the house. Successfully "looting" a house would spawn a loot pile under you.

Because letting non-enterable buildings spawn loot would increase the amount of loot that can be gathered, the spawn chances of loot piles in enterable buildings should be decreased to compensate.

• Like 1

+ 1 for this idea!

Let us loot ALL the buildings!

Yeah its a bit of a downer running into a town, thinking youre going to be ok.... and find nothing

I see your point, but there is more than enough loot in the game currently. Its so easy to find basic supplies. The increase in animals also really helps while finding food. Water bottles are found empty in almost every loot area (military, residential) The small towns up north, I only visit them looking for cars as there is still spawns of cars that are not listed in the wiki.

Brilliant Idea, I also noticed some windows get cracks in them when hit. That would help with the whole braking in animation. Also allows a crowbar to be handy.

This is a good idea, I just can't wait till they possibly make all building enterable, I know I have heard a few E3 rumors saying they would eventually make all building enterable.

Would also be cool if he left some of them locked, and added some Utility with the crowbar, making it so you can put it on your Tool belt and use it to Pry open locked doors, then he can also add lock boxes, crates, chests, etc you can pry open either as loot or player storage or both, can eventually make cars lockable with a upgrade / Key, then you can use the crowbar to pry them open or break a window or something. Lots of good stuff I can add to this, could go on for days.

Prying stuff open could have a animation (so it takes time) and also make noise that can attract zombie and human attention.

Lots of good options here.

I see your point' date=' but there is more than enough loot in the game currently. Its so easy to find basic supplies. The increase in animals also really helps while finding food. Water bottles are found empty in almost every loot area (military, residential) The small towns up north, I only visit them looking for cars as there is still spawns of cars that are not listed in the wiki.

[/quote']

My desire is for loot spawns between certain towns to be balanced, not for an increase the net amount of loot on the map. That's why I also suggested a decrease in the spawn rates of loot of enterable houses, so that the amount of loot stays mostly the same.

This is a good idea' date=' I just can't wait till they possibly make all building enterable, I know I have heard a few E3 rumors saying they would eventually make all building enterable.

Would also be cool if he left some of them locked, and added some Utility with the crowbar, making it so you can put it on your Tool belt and use it to Pry open locked doors, then he can also add lock boxes, crates, chests, etc you can pry open either as loot or player storage or both, can eventually make cars lockable with a upgrade / Key, then you can use the crowbar to pry them open or break a window or something. Lots of good stuff I can add to this, could go on for days.

Prying stuff open could have a animation (so it takes time) and also make noise that can attract zombie and human attention.

Lots of good options here.

[/quote']

I like your ideas. They would add a lot of dynamism.

Making more houses enter-able would make DayZ so much more interesting. I get tired of passing through small towns where not a single building is enter-able, and that just means I have to walk more before I reach Cherno or Elektro.

You do know there are other cities with loot in them other than Cherno and Electro right? Anyway on topic Arma3 will have all buildings enterable obviously but it will be a different map. I don't really agree with adding even more loot piles cause it is already to easy to find whatever you need/want. Fewer supplies mean fewer places people go for those supplies and more player interaction.

+1

Like the idea of being able to loot an house without having the need to program the inside of all of them. Sometime you just find a barn and your like YES and there's nothing inside. Crowbar should go in tool belt if require in my opinion. Make it so it doesn't attract too much zed or it's going to be impossible to do in small village

You do know there are other cities with loot in them other than Cherno and Electro right? Anyway on topic Arma3 will have all buildings enterable obviously but it will be a different map. I don't really agree with adding even more loot piles cause it is already to easy to find whatever you need/want. Fewer supplies mean fewer places people go for those supplies and more player interaction.

Chernarus is 225 square kilometers and has a whole bunch of towns. But some of those towns are a waste of space because they aren't worth visiting. I don't want it to make it easier to find stuff, I just want to make certain towns useful and worth visiting.

Some non enterable buildings already have loot in front of the doorway.

Only two or three types of buildings. I want all types of buildings to be able to spawn loot.

A good idea.

Would also make the new player experience much better. As it is they don't know the spawn map but will recognize a building as a place which will have the stuff they need. This way buildings will more reliably generate stuff so that reflex will work and it doesn't matter so much they start with nothing.

Indeed if you do it this way the first house you loot could give you the basic newbie kit since there are some things you can expect to find in a house and would take when you are desperate and have nothing. And since it's once off it doesn't make each house farmable for that loot.

It certainly makes more sense than some houses having a bunch of bullets and bandages sitting in the toilet or by the door.

I would assume all houses will eventually be enterable at the rate they're optimizing Arma II. Check 1.7.2 for performance, man.

signed. But I think this has already been implemented for many unenterable houses.

signed. But I think this has already been implemented for many unenterable houses.

No, it's only a few types of houses that don't appear very often, so the majority of unenterable houses are still impenetrable and useless.