Sign in to follow this  
gesundheitk

Gear Giving - Does it ruin your experience?

This evening, I had been jogging through the NW forests to discover a camp with a flora of weaponry. Through this, I decided to leave a vehicle with weapons in the bordering area of Myshkino, marked it on the map, busted the wheels, and announced it over chat. I felt pretty good from it. Suddenly, I was getting scolded for ruining the game for them! The person seemed very uneased and annoyed, so I asked him why it was bad. The player said "it is not fun to get gear without working for it."

I paused for a moment, and really thought about this statement. I can certainly agree with it, but is it wrong to give high end gear to other players? I mean, I'm not spawning this in or anything, and it is the holidays after all. I certainly won't do it again if I am going to get a response like that. I'd like to hear your opinions on the matter and whether you approve of activity.

Post away!

Edited by Gesundheit
  • Like 2

I like to fight for my gear. Raiding a camp is always fun. But I hate given gear, like admin spawned and donator packages

Now, events like that aren't bad, until the whole server clusters around that area, just ganking the people that actually need the gear

• Like 1

I paused for a moment, and really thought about this statement. I can certainly agree with it, but is it wrong to give high end gear to other players? 

No there is nothing wrong with handing out gear and locations of gear, I mean I did it all the time when I actually tried to help people, then that ended quickly, (I was a hero, like +26k, I'll get some screens in a bit.)

I would continue doing it if I were you.

I give gear all the time but not for free I make it hard to find the gear hide an seek for noobies along the coast.Giving gear isn't that bad nerds just sook that it ruins it cause they can't get that gear...haters gonna hate

Giving people gear is not bad. I think it's like a present and it's nice for someone to happen upon something good. Now you have less satisfaction rather than when you randomly find it or get it without hard work, but I think it's better because people are less likely to be irate when they die if someone gave out gear.

There's certainly nothing wrong with it. Maybe you could make a little riddle of where the goods are hidden next time so people do have to put in some effort to get to it. Not that you have to, handing it out is just fine but it might add to the fun :)

I actually try not to leave anything behind especially weapons because i know what people do with it. If i can't take the weapon i at least take the ammo away or take the 10 secs it takes me to put it in a "safe" place. I leave something f.e. an empty can behind so nothing spawns there until the stash is emptied.