rooniedoo

Why are people complaining that SA is not coming out soon?

Dean said that it's coming out at least in 6 weeks or earlier ((End of the year)) and that isn't really that long of a wait.  Plus you still have the lovely mod and sub mods to play so I think you can wait for the SA

• Like 1

people are impatient because they thought it was coming out this time last year mostly, though some are just trolls trying to derail the hype train

...is that a serious question? Like, do you even have to ask?

• Like 1

Remember December 2012 release date? People who gets hyped about every little thing and in the end they get disappointed, that's why and some people realize it takes some time to create a game and they say Rocket should take more time to improve the alpha.

because they don't know how much work needs  a game (unless they played wrzsurvive) and because they can hang in here talking a lot about SA, not like a famous brand game which cames out two days after lauch trailer goes on tv..

I think if he didn't keep giving us false release dates, we wouldn't be so anxious/impatient..  <_<

I think if he didn't keep giving us false release dates, we wouldn't be so anxious/impatient..  <_<

But there is no release date...  There hasn't been since last year...

Basically, because of what most of the folks above are saying. Also, testing is important. But testing takes time. If a game is not tested thoroughly, there will be a multitude of bugs and unforeseen issues upon release. Just because we are all seeing images and videos of the SA, doesn't necessarily mean the game is coming out soon. With testing, comes more development, and until all the major game breaking issues have been found and resolved, we will not see a Beta or full release. Why wait so long to release something that disappoints everyone? Looking at you, EA.

For me, the wait will be worth it. Let them take another year for all I care. Nobody wants to play a buggy pile of garbage. 

It comes out when it comes out. Have you paid for a kickstarter for SA? Nope. 

Rocket owes you nothing. I mean, sounds rude and mean but its true. Be patient. Such a adverse and rare team working on this, I am excited to see its release.

Ya its working with no pay from the players.

Anyone I mean ANYONE who says they paid for the dayz mod is stupid I mean do you pay your 10 bucks for half life 2 so you can play some random mod? no do you buy doom for some rpg reskin? no sl.

Not saying you cant buy the game for dayz but you cant say you "Payed" for dayz.

If you get what I mean.

• Like 1

forums.dayzgame.com

Edited by Krobar

people are impatient because they thought it was coming out this time last year mostly, though some are just trolls trying to derail the hype train

The hype train has been gone for about a year. Take the opposite of a hype train, that's what dayz has right now 

just to play devils advocate here, there are some valid concerns about how long its taking. Im not saying were entitled to have now....right now....and not a moment later lol. As people have said it will arrive when it arrives. But will that be so long down the line that its lost so many players that its DOA. Or could the torrent of survival games appearing in the wake of dayz actually beat SA to the punch, and throw out a good title.

I didn't know that its supposed to be out by the end of the year, but that's good news. I think real fans of dayz will buy SA even if it takes 2 more years...but the casual gamers may have tired of the mod and moved on. And those casual gamers are what us vets will need to sustain the game. We need newbies to teach, bambies to help, and newbie KoS players to keep it interesting. If its just full of vets could end up as just clan wars.

The phrase "Strike while the iron is hot" comes to mind. Don't get me wrong here im a big dayz fan, and will be buying SA, but we don't want dayz turning out like that duke nukem game....years of hype...for a flop. Its been pointed out to me befor that the only person with anything really invested in this is rocket, and where we may be a bit disappointed, it would be much more for him. That's completely right, and exactly why I say these things. I don't want us, but more importantly rocket, disappointed.

And yes....I have been called a pesamist befor now lol....but I like to think of myself as a realist ;)

Because we want it! Fast! Of course we want a good game, but we also want it released as fast as possible.

The hype train has been gone for about a year. Take the opposite of a hype train, that's what dayz has right now 

If what you say is true, then why are there topics consisting of obvious excitement from the players/users?

• Like 1

Got to agree with Inception, every time the smallest bit of new info, or new development is announced for dayz the hype train starts up again. Its become a thing every few weeks lol. You can always tell when "dayz" in google brings up news results before this site.....then when it calms down this takes top spot again. Well...until the next bit of news :) 

games are pretty shitty at moment people like to play dayz and know its not that far of from possible release. pretty simples

Did he (Rocket) say it was coming out in "six weeks or earlier" ?

Linky please.

Linky please.

H....h....hype?!

I think people are so impatient its because they thought that they would be able to play the SA around last Summer. Since Dean talk about release it in June, and after he said that he wanted to launch it before the end of August.. and so, the player were kinda disappointed and still very hungry of playing.

Now some of them are just trolling ^^

But I still up my hopes for a possible release in December :D  :beans:  :beans:

I would say that my feeling right now is like this

i-dont-need-it-meme.jpg

Edited by SuperMarco

lets be honest...

most thought it was going to be out 2012 december never happened, then april before rocket went to everest never happened then it was said in june it could, would, should ,whatever no tying down word you want to use be out in august. so yes people are getting slightly aggitated about when the game should be released. anyone who gets annoyed at that or cant understand it is dumb. sorry no polite way of saying it.

now for the release date it really does have to be for christmas this year. people can always say take your time but time has been taken and the end of peoples patience and if they going to buy will come to a end.

it does look close and many do want to play hopefully it is a christmas release for us all so we can play Dayz while eating christmas beans :)

Its not a question of being impatient, but being frustrated by the different annoucement during 6 months about it.. Every time since we got some new screen or videos/stream, its creating a general paranoïa for the community ^^.

We know that to create a game take times, that for sure its normal and pretty obvious, but when you announce a release date, and 6 months after, its still not out ^^ player begin to be annoyed :p

Linky please.

Six weeks is the end of the year. He says it has to be out before the end of the year at some press convention.

So yes standalone will come out  in six weeks or earlier.