Dyckman

Hello Hello

Just bought this game finally, I've been lurking for a long time waiting for SA but that's just a pipe dream atm.

Really enjoying the game atm, still getting the hang of it(dying to zombies mostly) but it's fun.

Made this thread though, because this game scares the crap out of me when I play it. I feel like my CPU is going to explode, unstable FPS stutters from time to time. I'm tempted to just go low/normal on everything.

MY pc specs are fine, I run BF4 on ultra, but I understand this game is badly optimized, maybe I will lower the video settings.

Also, I have a question, I have this terrible blur in-game while playing it feels like a motion blur setting or something, and it's quite annoying. It makes it hard for me to see from far and it gives me a headache while playing for a long time. Is that normal, the blur on the screen? I've watched some videos and streams and it looks more sharper.

Could it be my monitor?

PC Specs(for to who it interests):

CPU: i5 3570k

GPU: 760 2gb

RAM: 8 Gigs

Welcome to DayZ.

The blur typically happens when your 3D resolution and screen resolution don't match, so check those.  Apart from that I'm not sure, so if that doesn't do the trick, just play with the settings.

As for performance, Arma/DayZ is more CPU intensive than graphics card intensive, so yes, you may have to lower the settings.  Just don't go down to low as this could be worse.

Edited by (TMW)HerrJon

@Herrjon yeah thanks, I assume it was the res and stuff.

@Beck I've been looking for that setting for so long already, maybe I should just sit around and mess with it, usually I get distracted and give up after a few seconds. :P

• Like 1

You need to turn post-processing off in the video options, this will stop the nausea/headaches. It will also make the game look and run a lot better in my opinion.

In fact, everyone I know about did this first thing after downloading... Except for Rocket. For some odd reason he likes it, he must have a strong stomach.

• Like 1

If it IS motion blur, disable that in the settings. If you mean the screen is perpetually blurry, you need to change your 3D resolution to match your window resolution.

Yeah, I changed the 3D settings to match the res. that fixed that, thank you.

Welcome to DayZ, Dyckman. 

I've had similar problems and I agree with the advice given - get rid of post processing, only useful to rich people and those developers who get fancy kit as part of their jobs.  I have a high spec kit but have to run dayz with many things on normal or disabled.  I don't care because even though I try to hate this game for many reasons, I just can't.

It's the only game I play every day and the only game I truly love.  Been that way ever since the first day I played about 18 months ago.  :thumbsup:

Right, I've got to get back downstairs and peel some potatoes and carrots!

Edited by Sula
  • Like 1

Weclome to DayZ Fellow survivor, You won't see me ingame unless you get Standalone aswell I'm afraid, If we bump to each other, You won't start firing at me, I won't shoot you, neither i will handcuff you somewhere near highway naked. :D I'm a nice hero guy, if you get to know me.