Sign in to follow this  
RAM-bo4250

Still primarily killed by zombies

Embarassing isn't it? I can run into a building. I can run into a pinetree. I can run even into a bush. I can even run until I lose them. And I do all the time. You know what kills me all the time? Bad decisions. Let me try and loot that last house in town, dead. Zombies spawning like crazy but I have to get to that one last doorstep, dead. For a can of food, a can of soda, an antiseptic wipe. It doesn't matter. Bad decisions all. Greed, maybe?

But do you know what? My favorite game ever. And even though the zombies are easy to beat they are still a damn danger. Get hit once or twice and then boom, hardly any blood left. Even if I don't get infected. Now all of a sudden a pulsating white screen. Here we go again! I've had the perfect kit too. Silenced M4 with plenty of ammo, silenced pistol, huge backpack filled with anything I need. And then Bam another bad decision. Come on guys, I have to climb the steps of that house, I don't know what's there?

Or, I'm killing zombies left and right with my machete. You know the place, top of the stairs in the barn. Then guess what happens? Yup, forgot I had run on and jump off, either getting a broken bone or a pulsating white screen. Here we go again!

What a @#%&*@# blast!

You know what? I don't think I would survive a zombie apocalyse. I'm too stupid.

• Like 1

Never stop to loot if zombies are chasing you. Don't shoot zombies unless you have a silenced weapon (with a lot of ammo, preferably a sidearm), because it's too messy.  Just try to lose the zombies or sneak past them.

• Like 1

Never stop to loot if zombies are chasing you. Don't shoot zombies unless you have a silenced weapon (with a lot of ammo, preferably a sidearm), because it's too messy.  Just try to lose the zombies or sneak past them.

I know that. But I have to check that loot spot. It may have more than an empty can. Oops, there goes that white pulsating screen again.

• Like 2

Yeah.. I know what he means..

The thing I did was go on a rampage slaying all the zombies if they piss me off, and loot that one empty tin can happily ^.^

• Like 1

Basically if you think you have just enough time to pick up that loot, you don't have enough time to pick up that loot so pass it by. Only an idot gets killed more than a few times over a can of beans ;)

Basically if you think you have just enough time to pick up that loot, you don't have enough time to pick up that loot so pass it by. Only an idot gets killed more than a few times over a can of beans ;)

Can of Beans, yes.

"Wait, was that a Coyote Backpack? Maybe I'll have time to...  Well the surf sound sure is relaxing this time around."

• Like 2

Then you must ask yourself, if it is truly is worth it checking one more spot? Trust me, I have died several times just checking to see if there is another loot spot but end up dying and finding out that there was not loot there. Greed is our enemy, so you must make a split-second decision if you are willing to take a risk or not. I wouldn't but I am not you, so it is up to you to decide.

You don't value your life as much as you value possibly sweet loots. Try running around for a few lives and only allow yourself to pickup minimal medical, food & tools.(no backpack) Try to make it about what you do, who you meet, what you see, rather than what you find. Loot should be fuel to keep you going, not the end goal.

Edited by bad_mojo
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's not like fallout 3, where its unthinkable to leave that house without checking every box, every corner and every shelf just for the chance of some great stuff. Its easy for games to make us like that but in Dayz its really not the wisest course of action.