hello12

Female Skins.

So I love DayZ. But being forced to play on Origins only because those are the ONLY servers that I can find that allow me to pick female skins... >.<. I want to play the DayZ Servers, not the Origins. But there are NONE with female skins to pick, It's forced male.. Are there any DayZ Servers that exist that allow female skins? :(

Huh? Did they remove the option of having a female character in DayZ when I wasn't looking?

As far as I know, there is an option for that upon spawning.

But in case you mean these kinds of skins...

dayzfemalebanditsthumb.jpg

... I can't help you.

You can have a female skin on the public DayZ Hive.

Tell me exactly what to do, please :(

Huh? Did they remove the option of having a female character in DayZ when I wasn't looking?

dayzfemalebanditsthumb.jpg

... I can't help you.

No, no.. Like, okay.. so when I join an Origins server, I can choose a spawn point and pick between 4 or 5 female or male skins... The one I pick is the Femae with White coat/blue jeans... When I go on a DayZ server, for example.. US659. I cannot pick skin, it's auto male.

Edited by hello12

No, no.. Like, okay.. so when I join an Origins server, I can choose a spawn point and pick between 4 or 5 female or male skins... The one I pick is the Femae with White coat/blue jeans... When I go on a DayZ server, for example.. US659. I cannot pick skin, it's auto male.

Try dying. You should get the option to have a female character when spawning.

Try dying. You should get the option to have a female character when spawning.

I've already tried that :/. I cannot find this option anywhere. :(

Curious. Have you tried dying and spawning on another server? Maybe the option is turned off on your server for some reason.

That's the only thing I can think of.

Tip. Try not to embed your text into other people's quotes. For example:

blah

Your text here.

Curious. Have you tried dying and spawning on another server? Maybe the option is turned off on your server for some reason.

That's the only thing I can think of.

I've tried so many DayZ servers it's not even funny.. It's always auto male D:

I'm at a loss then, sorry. Maybe someone else has an idea what's going on?

In the meantime, I'd suggest playing a male character. It's not that bad!  ^_^

I'm at a loss then, sorry. Maybe someone else has an idea what's going on?

In the meantime, I'd suggest playing a male character. It's not that bad!  ^_^

I hope so ;-;... I only have the option of female skins on Epoch servers and Origins servers. Until then, I refuse to play male.. I just can't do it :C

If I recall correctly there was a problem with the new spawn-selection feature. In a few words it wouldn't work along the gender selection screen. So maybe that's it, they disabled the gender selection screen in order for the spawn selection to work. I could be wrong though.

Check this and this post. Apparently it'll get fixed on 1.8.1 as it says here. Until then, patience.

Edited by h3l1x
  • Like 1

If I recall correctly there was a problem with the new spawn-selection feature. In a few words it wouldn't work along the gender selcetion screen. So maybe that's it, they disabled the gender selection screen in order for the spawn selection to work. I could be wrong though.

Hmm, maybe try a server that has "spawn selection on" or something like that in its description, then.

Maybe gender selection only works on a server that has spawn selection enabled and as far as my experience tells me, most public hive servers don't.

I may be having some irrational thoughts here but why don't you just play with a male skin? You say you want to play original DayZ but play a different mod because of skins. Why let on small detail effect your whole gameplay?

• Like 2

I may be having some irrational thoughts here but why don't you just play with a male skin? You say you want to play original DayZ but play a different mod because of skins. Why let on small detail effect your whole gameplay?

It just does for me.. :/. It ruins every bit of immersion.. I dislike being a male survivor, I absolutely hate it. ;c. And @ Tempus - I tried spawn selection, spawned in as male with option to pick spawn point >.>

Edited by hello12

@ Tempus - I tried spawn selection, spawned in as male with option to pick spawn point >.>

That sucks, it really seems like something that is unavailable at the moment and needs to be fixed then.

I agree with the others though; not being able to play as a female character shouldn't prevent you from playing the original. Maybe you want to try a first person only server? It might not bother you as much that way (it's way more suspenseful anyway).

If it's not for you, try to get used to a male character. Like I said, it's really not that bad (though I understand you might not like it at first).

It would be a shame if you didn't play Vanilla DayZ for that reason, though.

Edited by Tempus

I wouldnt play with a female skin. I cant put my finger on exactly why but I just wouldnt be able to get past the fact my dude was a female. Im not a female in real life so that immediately takes away from some of the realism.

• Like 1

If I recall correctly there was a problem with the new spawn-selection feature. In a few words it wouldn't work along the gender selection screen. So maybe that's it, they disabled the gender selection screen in order for the spawn selection to work. I could be wrong though.

Check this and this post. Apparently it'll get fixed on 1.8.1 as it says here. Until then, patience.

This is exactly right hel1x.

Origins has spawn selection and gender selection so Im sure they will work it out for Vanilla.

I wouldnt play with a female skin. I cant put my finger on exactly why but I just wouldnt be able to get past the fact my dude was a female. Im not a female in real life so that immediately takes away from some of the realism.

Exactly this.. Except change "I'm not female in real life" to male. And we're golden c:

Hello12 if you live near the uk their are a couple or RP servers what have female skins, it's a bit sad that the game doesn't have more/better female skins, origins skins are a bit sexiest in the way they are poorly represented like most things these days game markers need to realise that their is a huge growing number of female gamers these days and I'm a male and i wouldn't play in a female skin it loses the realism aspect to the game. Good luck in your search for a server what has the skins you would like.

<snip>

... I can't help you.

He obviously means the hero ones.

I mean, have you seen that ushanka on the L1 hero skin?

10/10 would date totally qt3.14dayzfemaleheroes.jpg