axunaxu

Dayz starts lagging after while...

So, i bought Arma 2 couple of months ago and i'm having little problem. When i start playing DayZ everything are smoothy but then after about 10-20 minutes the lag starts. Lag will take about 5 minutes and starts again about 5 minutes after. I have lag only in DayZ but not in Arma 2 or Arma 2 OA.

My system specs are:

- Windows 7

- Processor Intel® Core i3-370M processor

- RAM 4GB

- 64 bit

I have Nvidia Geforce Experience

- Nvidia Geforce GT 420M 1GB VRAM

Sorry about my english. And i'm not good telling system specs etc but here are all what i can do. Thanks for help. :)

Edited by AxuNaxu

sounds to me like your system is starting to heat up and gets a little choppy because it starts throttling your system to keep things cool.

• Like 2

Can you control the fan speed on your graphics card? I know with Sapphire Radeon's you can increase the fan speed.

Either that or get more cool are intake into your system.

I downloaded some fanspeed thing and nvidia system tools. I opened the fanspeed controller and saw my gpu in 50C. I went to Nvidia system tools, performance and system settings and tried to cool my cpu but i cant because i cant click/edit things on it. I think i cant cool my graphic card.

Edited by AxuNaxu

Is there any way to reduce lag or are my computer or graphic card so bad?

Is there any way to reduce lag or are my computer or graphic card so bad?

It is almost certainly your graphics card overheating.

You can try and add more ventalation around your computer i.e Fan blowing cold air on it or make sure the fans aren't covered.

Other than that I'm afraid your going to need a new graphics card

Built up dust doesn't help either, if you haven't then you should open up your case and blow it clean with compressed air (once every couple of months is enough). Hopefully this is the problem you're having and you won't have to go out and buy a new card or something.

Edited by Chris529
  • Like 1

sounds to me like your system is starting to heat up and gets a little choppy because it starts throttling your system to keep things cool.

It's this ^

I had this issue back when I played DayZ on my laptop.  Eventually my graphics card over heated and my laptop broke.  

My GTX580 goes up to 80°C no problems.

But according to your info it must be a laptop anyway. And your whole system specs are very low end for ArmA 2 imo.

try lowering the settings of dayz? like put the graphics on low, shadow off, etc...

• Like 1

Wow! I cleaned the case and that helped a lot, thanks you all.  :D

• Like 1