Sign in to follow this  
Oshio

Low FPS Issues

So I've recently upgraded my graphics card in my desktop in hopes to get better FPS when playing games, but for the most part I haven't seen an amazing increase like I expected.

Here are my system specs:

CPU - i7 2700k @ 3.5Ghz

Motherboard - ASRock Z68 ATX

RAM - G.Skill 8gb 1600 DDR3

Graphics Card - Radeon HD 6850 1GB DDR5 256-bit

HDD- Hitachi SATA 500gb 7200 RPM

On the original build above, I had everything set to low and was getting anywhere from 50-70 FPS (dipping to maybe 35 in cities) withuot any issue in 1920x1080. I replaced the graphics card with the following:

Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB 256-bit Windforce 3x

After installing the new card I did a full driver removal and clean install of new Nvidia drivers. I downloaded them from the Nvidia website rather then using the included CD.

The issue I'm having now is that, regardless of the settings, I get anywhere from 20-40 FPS max. I've done a lot of research online to attempt to alleviate this issue, but haven't had any luck. I've followed "FPS Increasing" guides from these forums (as well as others) and tweaked game files, but still end up with no more then 40 FPS at best. Some websites suggest that my CPU is throttling my system, but shouldn't I at least be able to bring the settings to low and see an increase?

Help!

Any idea why I would be able to get higher FPS with my previous graphics card, but regardless of graphics settings (even resolution) unable to pull more then 40fps with the new one? If it was the CPU, wouldn't I have had similar issues with the previous card?

That's because its your CPU bottlenecking the game. Arms 2 is super CPU intensive.

Did you even read his post? How would an i7 2700k be causing those issues?

@Oshio: Have you tried different servers? What mod are you playing?