Sign in to follow this  
pinapple900

[SA] 20% chance that gun jams when firing below 50% weapon health

after the status of the gun gets below 50% health, then the gun can jam. you can fix jams by going into gear, and clicking unjam gun. but it takes 30s and drops gun health by 10%, and increases jam likelieness by 5%

• Like 1

Do you even play DayZ? There is no gun health, and use the search function

Most constructive and welcoming

I don't see guns having health per se. Likewise I don't see how clearing a jam would reduce that health and make future jams more likely.

• Like 5

Most constructive and welcoming

I don't see guns having health per se. Likewise I don't see how clearing a jam would reduce that health and make future jams more likely.

I'm criticizing an idea that is not relevent to DayZ. The OP seems like he just watches DayZ videos and doesn't understand the game. 

• Like 1

I'm criticizing an idea that is not relevent to DayZ. The OP seems like he just watches DayZ videos and doesn't understand the game.

Gear destruction, gun jamming, standalone... ;)

• Like 7

He's talking about, most likely, in the SA, which IS CONFIRMED to have weapon degradation.

Anyway:

I think that a 1-in-5 chance of a jam is a bit much.

• Like 4

Gear destruction, gun jamming, standalone... ;)

If the idea relates to the SA, he could've stated that, rather than just a few lines of text

I do thank you, and if you have been keeping up with the current SA news, weapon/gear degradation have been confirmed.

In hindsight, maube 20% chance is a bit much. Also maybe a 5% chance after 20% health?

• Like 1

Eh, weapon reliability is almost all in the mags if you ask me. I've had to shoot my M4 with shitty ass mags and it jammed with double feeds and misfeeds all the fucking time. As soon as you throw in a P-mag you are fucking golden. Sure, cleaning your weapon is great but it hasn't caused nearly as many jams as mag issues have for me.

• Like 2

If the idea relates to the SA, he could've stated that, rather than just a few lines of text

He wrote [sA] in the title, which is how you're supposed to designate suggestions meant for the SA. Maybe you should do your own research before accusing someone else of being ignorant.

• Like 4

He wrote [sA] in the title, which is how you're supposed to designate suggestions meant for the SA. Maybe you should do your own research before accusing someone else of being ignorant.

Sorry, I missed that part, and since when did I say he was ignorant? Now you're getting your facts wrong, I never said he was ignorant

It has also been suggested a thousand times before

Edited by King of kong

I'm sorry but in no way should weapon health be in SA if it doesn't relate the the actual gun being shot. I swear to my maker that if DayZ SA guns are ANYTHING like Fallout: 3/New Vegas's gun durability, then I will personally slap whichever dev implemented it.

• Like 2

And the reason I say this is because the weapon degrading over time is completely useless for SA. Why? I have used stock AR-15 (Civi M4 variant) barrels in competitions a lot in the past. And it takes me a LOT more rounds to wear down anything in the gun that will ever be available to you in SA. I do agree with gun treatment/cleaning 100%. But if my barrel wears down just from putting 20 or so mags through, then I will "kindly" ask dean to replace my plastic barrel. The only thing I think I would agree with in full is adding in dangers of barrel heat. For example, in the DayZ Mod, you can Take a M240 Bravo and hold the trigger for the whole clip to run dry. Can you do that in real life? Sure, but you'll warp the shit out of the barrel. Although I can only see this being viable to LMG's, unless Dean adds C-mags, Drum-mags, etc... (which I hope he does). 

Edited by Shadow134

since when did I say he was ignorant? Now you're getting your facts wrong, I never said he was ignorant

Here

And here

I'm criticizing an idea that is not relevent to DayZ. The OP seems like he just watches DayZ videos and doesn't understand the game. - Quite blatantly here

Webster online defines ignorance as "the state or fact of being ignorant :  lack of knowledge, education, or awareness."

• Like 3

20% seems stupidly high. Maybe like 4%?

20% would mean a jam roughly ever 5 bullets, which is extremely excessive.

I also don't think it would take 30 seconds to clear a jam. It should only take a few *for the most part*

• Like 2

Here

And here

Webster online defines ignorance as "the state or fact of being ignorant :  lack of knowledge, education, or awareness."

I never directly called th OP "Ignorant"

I never said you called him ignorant. I said you accused him of being ignorant, which would have the same exact meaning as if I said "You accused him of lacking knowledge, understanding, etc."

I don't see what point you're trying to make. The word is synonymous with the meaning of what you stated.

This is clearly going nowhere, so I'll leave the topic alone after this post.

• Like 1

I never intended to label him as ignorant, nor do I think of him as ignorant. Maybe I had a bad choice of words, I missed [sA] in the title, I'm an idiot, ok?

I never intended to label him as ignorant, nor do I think of him as ignorant. Maybe I had a bad choice of words, I missed [sA] in the title, I'm an idiot, ok?

Just stop discussing this. You're ruining a topic with a great idea.

Back on topic: As it's been said before, 20% might be a little high. I don't know a lot about guns, but you guys are saying 4-5%, so I'm going with that too :D

• Like 1

came here to make 100% fun of random percentage numbers, but now im 99% sure jamming weapons should be implemented..

as for the actual percentage, i am 46% convinced that it will take quite some balancing to get it right, RNG is a bitch..

• Like 1

But you seem ignorant on the definition of 'ignorant'.

You quite clearly implied it - but let's all chiiillllllll.

On topic, I thinking the 50% is a bit high, it's something that would require a lot of use-testing to get right, it might seem good on paper but cause far too much of a problem when implemented.

• Like 2

He's talking about, most likely, in the SA, which IS CONFIRMED to have weapon degradation.

Anyway:

I think that a 1-in-5 chance of a jam is a bit much.

Definitely, if guns were that unreliable we would still be using crossbows.

I'm sorry but in no way should weapon health be in SA if it doesn't relate the the actual gun being shot. I swear to my maker that if DayZ SA guns are ANYTHING like Fallout: 3/New Vegas's gun durability, then I will personally slap whichever dev implemented it.

How about Far Cry 2 durability?

That was atrociously bad.

I'm an idiot, ok?

Agreed.

At OP. I agree with everyone else when talking about the percentages being too high... UNLESS we happen to be firing a UTAS UTS-15... then you're right on the mark. LMFAO.

I think a Far Cry 2-LIKE system would be good, albeit with less actual failures. Also the type of weapon would come into play. An AK-47(M) would jam far less when dirty and old than would an AR-15 type or even pistols.

• Like 1