xoiio

I thought silenced weapons were supposed to be rare?

Well from what I heard silenced weapons and ammo are supposed to be quite rare, at least that's the impression I was given, but I raided the north east airfield and got the M9 SD, then I headed over to north west and got another m9 SD and two PDW SD's. Sadly no ammo but a crapton of other good stuff. Going in there at night time with some NVG's is great, I just hope to be able to get some SD ammo so I can enter the barracks, because if I run into a zombie in there I just want to pop it in the head quietly.

Any tips for finding SD ammo?

edit: ah it seems the PDW SD is added with epoch. but still two M9 SD's is a nice find.

Edited by XOIIO

Sadly Dayz Vanilla is nearly no more, *wipes a tear and slings twelve backpacks full of weapons in back of helicopter.*

• Like 5

Sadly Dayz Vanilla is nearly no more, *wipes a tear and slings twelve backpacks full of weapons in back of helicopter.*

Yeah I've never played vanilla, but there are some things about epoch I don't love.

I do love being able to scavenge parts from vehicles, that is great, however jerry cans and car tires only take up one spot now, and that is kind of lame in my opinion, I shouldn't be able to carry four tires a couple jerry cans and scrap metal to fully fix up a car I find a couple kilometers away.

When I go public with my server I may try and change some of that and probably will remove the traders, it's way too easy to get things like NVG with them around.

Yeah I've never played vanilla

it's scary to read that

• Like 3

I enjoy epoch as although I love Vanilla DayZ I play Epoch to avoid getting bored of Vanilla, this way when the SA never comes out I can enjoy playing it!

• Like 1

Yeah I've never played vanilla

80676-theres-the-door-gordon-chisholm-ha

it's scary to read that

Just to save people the hassle, OP is not interested in vanilla.

As you can read on the other threads he's started, here and here, he just got the game to play sp and spawn whatever he fancies to shoot zeds. Also titles in said threads are somewhat contradictive. First there's the "this game feels too hard" (although he found multiple hummers and a truck with an mg, obviously not talking about vanilla), then the "oh well, I thought things were supposed to be rare" still not talking about vanilla, and god knows what kind of bastardised mod/private server he's reffering to.

So OP, in the future make sure to mention what kind of game you're playing, so people can actually understand what you're talking about. There are many mods, many private servers with different settings and extra features, so saying "this game feels hard, the army tank I just found doesn't have a laser cannon" is not only confusing to those bothering to answer your questions, but it's also pointless.

And to answer the title, yes SD weapons in DayZ are rare, and SD ammo even rarer. But you are not playing DayZ, you are playing on modified servers full of extra stuff, some of which are not even present (not talking about rarity) in DayZ.

Edited by h3l1x
  • Like 5

It's probably best you refer to any mods you play by their name, and not "DayZ". When you say something is rare in DayZ, I immediately assume vanilla. If you were to say, "I thought this was rare in Epoch" I'd understand. You were sitting here talking about finding SD weapons and raiding barracks with NVGs and saying you thought they were rare...I was baffled.

Why not try vanilla?

And depending on vanilla vs other mods, OP, some Admins, like on our Epoch server, do make it so that we have a very broad and deep range of mods & addons, but can also adjust the rarity and quantity of items so the play environment doesn't become too easy at all, but makes for a more long-term experience.  So rarity and frequency will vary from server to server, especially factoriing the number of players on the server.

Yeah I've never played vanilla, but there are some things about epoch I don't love.

I do love being able to scavenge parts from vehicles, that is great, however jerry cans and car tires only take up one spot now, and that is kind of lame in my opinion, I shouldn't be able to carry four tires a couple jerry cans and scrap metal to fully fix up a car I find a couple kilometers away.

When I go public with my server I may try and change some of that and probably will remove the traders, it's way too easy to get things like NVG with them around.

Ehem... how worn out did you get running 4 tires and scrap metal to a car? How many breaks did you have to take to slow down your heart and breathing? Epoch uses a weight system instead of inventory space(should be a combination of them in my opinion) and while you can throw 12 piles of cinderblocks into your backpack you can probably take about 8 steps before you pass out from carrying that much weight. 

Edit: Oh and play some Vanilla DayZ. They are not the same. I play Epoch and Origins but Vanilla is where it is at.

Edited by Mercules

Epoch has a lot of great ideas, but a lot of shitty ones as well . I hope SA takes some bit and pieces from all these mods to make one true dayz experience, because vanilla dayz is stale and while mods help freshen it up they add a lot of unwanted things.

And nothing is rare in epoch.  

And nothing is rare in epoch.  

Cinder Blocks! 

They are not "rare" but they are uncommon and it takes 7 to make a wall. On top of that they are hard to carry. 

I found out the hard way a barrel of fuel is slightly heavy...I was lugging around a damn fuel barrel for a long time, couldn't figure out why my guy kept breathing hard constantly. I guess 380LBs of weight (about 430 total with my other gear) will do that haha.

You thought correct. They were rare.

Do not try to cover up the ease of Vanilla DayZ, food n' guns are simply too common

Do not try to cover up the ease of Vanilla DayZ, food n' guns are simply too common

You obviously didn't play DayZ when it was in its first stages

I love Vanilla and its what got me hooked. But cheaters and poorly run servers turned me off. Came back after a long break to all these mods and to be honest, Epoch isn't that bad so far. As long as you have a good server and people to play with at least on occasion, its still fun.