Sign in to follow this  
xoiio

This game feels too hard, something wrong on my server?

Alright so I have just started playing and I'm not sure if it's my server but this game seems ridiculously difficult.

First thing is walking or driving around (I've been able to find some nice vehicles, a couple hummers on one life actually, and a once a hummer and machine gun and truck with machine gun which was cool.), when I get to a busier area (outskirts of electro), there will be a good 8 zombies at least all around, it seems pretty ridiculous, and they don't spread out much.

Now, for some reason checking barns and stuff it was almost impossible to find a weapon so I edited my inventory and gave myself an m1911 and a few clips to start off. A zombie was rushing at me and it took a whole clip and a half before dying, what the heck? I thought they were 3 shots to the body?

I'd going to give myself an leeEnfield and see in that works for 1 shot still. - Okay so that does do a one shot kill on zombies.

This was just to mess around privately for a bit but if anyone wants to try it out pm me and I will give you the IP, maybe someone more experienced that see if it is fine or not, and I am curious as to how the ping is.

I feel like something is a bit off because all the gameplay I see on youtube looks way, way easier.

I see your new here.

WELCOME TO DAYZ.

Well it just took me 5 leeEnfield shots to kill a farmer zombie, what the heck?

AIm for the Head, you would find it a lot easier too kill.

• Like 1

hmm, reeks of troll.

Yes, your useless post does.

What Sieze said. Aim for the head. Lure them inside a building so they can't run, then headshot them.

• Like 2

Yes, your useless post does.

Aim to the head, and you could have bumbed into a viral zombie.

Aim to the head, and you could have bumbed into a viral zombie.

That makes sense after reading the wiki about them, there was a lot of blood on it.

The game is meant to be hard.

If you don't like how hard you're finding it not, I recommend that you don't waste money on the standalone release.

If you're the kind of player that gets bored after 10 minutes of scavenging and has to spawn in weapons, it's really not going to be for you.

Call of Duty might be more up your alley.
You start with weapons and everything takes next to no shots to be killed.

• Like 7

When you see someone on YouTube playing the game they have been playing for months already and are most likely experienced with how the ARMA-Engine and movement works beforehand. It's not an easy game and many things to learn, but that's the way it's supposed to be.

Zombies are deadly - we're in an apocalypse. Deal with it. ;-p

Also most youtubers that i see play on modified versions of dayz which often increase the amount of loot that spawns.

Best thing would be to get on a normal vanilla dayz server and see for yourself what its meant to be like.

• Like 6

Yeah, what you've experienced seems normal to me. Well, actually it doesn't, as you seem to be finding a hell of a lot more vehicles than I've ever seen, but as far as zombie frequency and location goes, yeah that's about par for the course.

DayZ is a very different kind of game to what you may have been expecting. It's very rare indeed for an experienced player to feel the need to use firearms on zombies, because all that does is attract more zombies, and there are probably going to be more zombies than you have bullets, so unless you've got a GOOD escape plan, put that itchy trigger finger to one side. You'll soon learn that the best tactic is to avoid confrontation and that this is best achieved by slow, steady progress, which means crawling through any area with more than a handful of zombies - you're going to get it wrong a few times, and you're going to die horribly more than a few times. That's part of DayZ's learning curve - it's not a hand-holding kind of game, and if you fuck up, it will happily kick you in the nuts as punishment.

• Like 5

put that itchy trigger finger to one side.

This not only applies for Z's, but for players as well. You will find yourself more often than you like being cornered by Z's if you shoot at someone in town. Not to mention, that you're going to shake all over the place when you've just been running over 4-5 km and not be able to hit anything on target anyway.

If you don't like the vanilla game play on DayZ Epoch. You can trade all your crap loot for ingots and trade them back for weapons.

it takes a while to get used to, but once you get a handle on the mechanics and start to understand what to do, it's well worth it. also i would suggest using a pistol and headshots to kill zombies, enfield isn't so much the notorious dinnerbell it once was, but it still makes you a zombie magnet, it's quite accurate at longer distances and does alot of damage, so definitely keep it ready for other players if you feel threatened. 

Using lee enfield for zombies will just attract more zombies and players.

When you hear many lee enfield shots in elektro it's either a pvp deathmatch or some newbie in the restaurant upstairs shooting zombies (and then dies after using all of their ammo).

IIRC, enfields can knock players out in one shot, making it perfect for beginner bandits.

I feel like something is a bit off because all the gameplay I see on youtube looks way, way easier.

I thought the same thing the first time I played Minecraft...

If you don't like the vanilla game play on DayZ Epoch. You can trade all your crap loot for ingots and trade them back for weapons.

Yeah I am on epoch, I sold an old truck I found for some NVG's lol, made scavenging nice and easy.

The game is meant to be hard.

If you don't like how hard you're finding it not, I recommend that you don't waste money on the standalone release.

If you're the kind of player that gets bored after 10 minutes of scavenging and has to spawn in weapons, it's really not going to be for you.

Call of Duty might be more up your alley.

You start with weapons and everything takes next to no shots to be killed.

yech, and deal with call of duty players? No thanks